Doctor in Contours Plastic Surgery Center
Cysts Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Breast Enhancement Care
Laser Hair Removal - Face
Breast Lift Procedures
Stem Cell Therapy
Hair Bonding Procedure
Chemical Peel Treatments
Lip Reduction Procedures
Fractional Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Contours Plastic Surgery CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from neurofibromatosis. I was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I had lost hope, but the neurofibromatosis treatment given by Venkata Ramana has helped me regain my confidence. The nurses at the Contours Plastic Surgery Center were really helpful. Whatever tests the Venkata Ramana prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. With the help of his treatment for neurofibromatosis I am feeling so great.
I had lost hope, but the hair loss treatment given by Dr Venkata Ramana has helped me regain my confidence. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my hair loss. I was suffering from hair loss. The nurses at the Contours Plastic Surgery Center were really helpful. Dr Venkata Ramana has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous. It was so quite pleasant in the Contours Plastic Surgery Center. The hair transplant treatment he gave was extremely beneficial. I owe him a big thank.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. Dr Venkata Ramana is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Venkata Ramana. All the staff members were very helpful. The lab in the Contours Plastic Surgery Center was very clean and well managed. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases.
The hair fall was increasing day by day. I consulted Dr Venkata Ramana. The interior of the Contours Plastic Surgery Center was no nicely done, it was so clean. Thanks to Dr Venkata Ramana for the hair growth treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. Both Dr Venkata Ramana and staff were very helpful.
I thank Dr Venkata Ramana that he treated me so patiently. I was little worried about my ear lobe but the doctor helped me to treat the issue. I thank him for the treatment he provided.I am glad that I visited his clinic and I got a perfect treatment for my issue.
dr Venkata Ramana is a very efficient doctor. He has effective solutions to acne scars problem. Thanks doctor for helping me regain my confidence and pretty skin. The staff at his clinic Contours Plastic Surgery Center in Hyderabad is very supportive.
I was searching fro some cosmetic surgeon who can give me the best scar treatment. Many people gave positive feedback for Dr Venkata. I am impressed with the way he treated me .The scar treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
- There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
- Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
- For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Liposuction removes fat through suction from abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. It is a surgical procedure. Liposuction is also called as body contouring as it shapes the body contour. It is also known as lipoplasty. Liposuction is not a program for weight loss. An overweight person can reduce weight best by exercise and diet and bariatric procedures.
Reasons for liposuction
Liposuction is done to remove excess body fat in areas, which are ineffective to exercise or diet. These include fat in areas of buttocks, abdomen, ankles and calves, back and chest, arms, thighs and hips, breast and neck. With weight gain here is an increase in the volume and size of the fat cells.
This can be reduced by liposuction, which reduces the specific area of the fat cells. Also, the fat to be removed usually depends on the area of the fat cells. The results of liposuction are permanent and change only if the weight changes.
Post liposuction, skin that is treated moulds into the newly developed contours and appears smooth in case of toned skin and elasticity. To undergo liposuction one must have a healthy lifestyle and devoid of conditions such as diabetes, coronary artery disease and compromised immune system.
Risks of liposuction
Risks involved with liposuction are:
1. Temporary fluid accumulation may happen due to the formation of temporary pockets called as seromas in the skin
2. Temporary numbness can be felt in the area where liposuction has been performed. Sometimes irritation of the temporary nerve might also occur.
3. Temporary bruising and hardness may occur
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures such as scar excision to non invasive procedures such as cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and - the cause for dissatisfaction
- functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- patient's expectations
- location of the scar
- quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an over production of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
1. Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
2. Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
3. Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With age, the skin loses its elasticity and firmness, causing sagging skin and deep folds. The facelift, as the name suggests, give a lift to the ageing face so that a youthful appearance is restored.
The lower one-third of the face, given the lesser number of bones, is a lot more prone to ageing changes. There are many people with the corners of the lips drooping, double chin, folds from the nose to the lips losing their definition, skin sagging, etc. These can be corrected by a trained, well-experienced surgeon.
The following are some of the main issues which can be corrected with a lower facelift surgery.
- Gravity: Though not noticeable at all, the earth’s gravity plays a major role in the ageing part. Especially in the lower half of the face, there is no underlying bone except the mandible. This causes the muscles and tissues to gravitate downwards, producing an aged appearance with a double chin and undefined neck/head interface. The rounded facial appearance becomes elongated gradually with age, which can be restored with a lower facelift.
- Drooping mouth: With age, the muscles in the lower face droop and produce an appearance with corners of the mouth drooping. The lips lose their normal curvature and become thin and are usually downward aligned, giving a grumpy appearance.
- Double chin: There is gradual laxity that builds in the muscles of the chin and neck, forcing people to wear turtlenecks to avoid the sagging skin and double chin.
These are some of the common indications for a lower facelift. There are different types of lower facelift. The same have been listed below.
- S-facelift: A small, S-shaped incision is made beginning in the front of the area, and through this, the underlying structures are tightened and excess skin is trimmed down.
- SMAS facelift: This incision begins around the temples, is hidden under the hairline and works to remove fatty tissue and firming up the connective tissue. This is a more elaborate process than the S-facelift.
Both these can be clubbed with a neck liposuction where excess fat is removed from the neck area to produce far improved results.
Suitable candidates: People in relatively good health with an adequate elasticity of the skin around the face and neck. Laxity around the jawline, drooping corners around the mouth, excess fat in the neck and chin area are good candidates for lower facelift surgeries.
While a lower facelift can help improve your appearance, it is extremely important to place yourself in the hands of a competent, well-experienced surgeon. These are intricate procedures and can go if not done by an experienced person. Choose someone you are sure of and see yourself lose some years.
A becoming smile is something that we all crave for. And if dimples are added to that smile, then the effect is all the more fascinating and dazzling. Having a dimple is a very becoming sight, and many crave for the appearance of one when they smile. So, if you are not born with a dimpled smile, is there any other way of getting one? Apparently, there is! You can turn to a simple procedure that can be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon in order to a get a dimple every time you smile. Read on to know more about getting a dimple with cosmetic surgery.
What is a dimple? Let us first understand what a dimple is. Technically, a dimple is born due to a defect! Not many people know this. It is also a hereditary trait. The appearance of a dimple is down to a small opening in the cheek known as the buccinator muscle. Even though the dimple appears due an opening, which is a defect, in this muscle, it is seen as a highly attractive facial feature in most parts of the world. A dimple is seen as a feature that accentuates the smile and gives a more youthful look to the face, which is why it is such a sought after element even though it is technically a defect.
- Dimpleplasty: This is a cosmetic surgery with which one can get a dimple surgically inserted on one’s face. A dimpleplasty is an invasive procedure that seeks to recontour the musculature of the cheek with the help of an incision, which will create an indentation in the area. This will appear every time the cheeks are stretched when a person is speaking animatedly or smiling and laughing. In this procedure, the cosmetic surgeon will try and create an adhesion between the skin and cheek muscles. This incision or scar tissue will then heal, and the indentation will become a permanent feature on the face of the patient. This procedure is created with the help of anesthesia and absorbable sutures that are applied to the area.
- Side effects: After the procedure, you may experience some amount of bruising and redness, which will recede within a matter of a few days. The stitches applied to the area will also dissolve in a few days. One will need to stay away from too much of physical strain and exercise after the procedure. You can also use an ice pack over the bruised area to soothe it. If the bruising and other side effects do not go away within a week or so, or if the pain increases, then you will have to report the same to the cosmetic surgeon.
The nose for sure must be one organ that most people are unhappy about. Almost everybody has a complaint about the way the nose looks sharp, rounded, blunt, too short, too long, the list can be quite long. Now everyone with these complaints has a reason to cheer and that reason is rhinoplasty. Corrections of the nasal shape or rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures and is extremely common.
If you are unhappy with your nose, read on to know more and then decide if you want to go for it.
What is it?
It involves modifying the bones and the cartilage (in the upper and lower parts) of the nose to achieve desired and improved aesthetic results – narrowing it, heightening the bridge, refining the tip, removing bumps, etc. This correction is done either through an incision in the inside of the nose or the outside so that cartilage and bone can be manipulated to achieve the desired shape. Additional cartilage can be used either from the septum or the back of the ear or very rarely ribs to fill and make it longer.
There are some things to consider before going for a nose job
- Do it for the right reasons: Psychological disorders where people are obsessed with their appearance is not a reason for going under the knife. Then there will be another body part which is not perfect; it will just go on. A better-looking nose can definitely improve the appearance, but remember that perhaps that long pointed nose that you admire may not look good on your face.
- Set expectations: Talk to your surgeon about what will work best for you and have a detailed discussion. Else, you might have to go for a second surgery (what is known as secondary rhinoplasty, which is also quite common)! Remember that the result of the correction should be an improvement from what it was and not a perfect nose.
- Age: Skeletal development should be complete before going for a nose job. This means girls no younger than 17 to 18 and boys no younger than 18 should go for it. Although obsessing with looks starts quite young in life, wait for nature to run its complete course of growth before going for manual intervention.
- Cost: Done purely for cosmetic reasons, health insurance does not cover nose jobs, and prepare for the cost.
- Recovery: The first week after surgery, you would be using a nasal pack or a splint. There could also be facial swelling and discomfort and restrictions on going out in the sun, exercise, and contact sports. So, plan for it accordingly.
Have an open heart talk with your doctor about the entire procedure before going for it! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Thanks to technology and its rise in the industry of aesthetics or cosmetics, one can now access a number of solutions when it comes to looking good and fighting the signs of ageing. Apart from creams and lotions as well as solutions offered at salons, one can also use a number of tools and procedures in the clinic of a cosmetic or plastic surgeon, for more long term results which will also have an immediate effect. While Botox and fillers may be old news, Sculptra is the latest new solution when it comes to the youthful recontouring of one's face. Read on to know everything you need to know about this new injectable.
What is it? Sculptra is the latest injectable that is available in liquid form. It works quite similarly to a filler and adds plenty of volume to the various sagging and ageing areas of your face including cheeks, chin and jawline.
Volume: This injectable basically works towards adding greater volume to problem areas. It can add volume and recontour areas like hollow temples, hollow cheeks, soft cheekbones where the bones are too obvious, a hollow chin area which leads to a tired and aged look, the folds that lie between the mouth and chin, as well as the mouth and nose; and a jawline that could be defined in a better and more proportionate manner. These injections help in recontouring these areas and filling them with the requisite volume so that one has a softer and more youthful look. The Sculptra injections can also be applied to other parts of the body. It also helps by giving your wrinkles a lift and filling the fine lines.
Ingredients: So what is Sculptra really made of? This injection contains a synthetic substance that is derived from lactic acid. This is known as Polylactic acid and is most commonly found in our muscles after an intense bout of gymming or exercising. This fills the loss of volume, which happens with the enzymes created by our own cells.
Treatment: The procedure is relatively simple and can be done in one sitting at the clinicians’. The effects usually last up to two years and then it will have to be administered again. It cannot be used in the forehead or anywhere near the eyes. Also, one should not attempt to use this on the lips. Before the actual procedure, you will need a detailed consultation with the doctor so as to learn the pros and cons as well as the application and areas where it may be applied. The results will take anywhere between 45 days to 90 days as the collagen production will be triggered by the injection.
Safety Measures: You should not use this injection if you are pregnant as it may lead to a variety of complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery through which excess fat is sucked out from different parts of the body. The process is carried out with the help of a cannula which is connected to a high pressure vacuum machine which facilitates the process. Liposuction is a permanent method to remove fat from the body. The operation is carried out under local or general anesthesia. Different techniques of liposuction involve:
- Tumescent Liposuction: A local anesthesia is used to numb the area where the tube is inserted. Next, the fatty tissues are injected with a large amount of anesthetic solution containing lidocaine-epinephrine.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction: This procedure is generally used in removing fat from upper abdomen, back, and sides.
- Laser- Assisted Liposuction: This procedure uses low-energy waves to liquefy the fat which is then removed through the cannula.
What to expect from the surgery?
Liposuction will remove fat permanently from the area where it is done. One can see the results in about 3 months time.
What are the benefits of liposuction?
- Improves Health: It is always good to reduce weight for healthy body and well-being. Weight loss is an effective way to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Though liposuction cannot excess fats, it helps to remove stubborn fat from the body.
- Improves Appearance: Liposuction helps in smoothing and contouring of the body which makes the individual look good and confident about his/her body.
- Cellulite Removal: Liposuction somewhat removes cellulite in both men and women, but it should be remembered that there is no permanent cure for cellulite.
Liposuction is a body shaping procedure, although weight is reduced but primarily it is not a weight reducing procedure. It is a surgical procedure with associated benefits and side effects.
It is recommended that you consult thoroughly with an experienced doctor before opting for such procedure.
As the effects of ageing set in, we all dread looking at the mirror as the image that stares back at us, is not very appealing. The dark spots, pigmentation, sagging chin, wrinkles, etc., are not something we want to admire. Almost everybody wishes to turn back time and go back to youthful, glowing skin. With this constant urge to look and feel young, cosmetic surgery has made significant advancements to restore youthful looks. One such advancement is rhytidectomy or known as facelift in layman terms.
What is it? In its current form, it does more than just remove wrinkles. It includes a combination of multiple surgeries and exercise routines, which are aimed at restoring a youthful appearance. The surgeries are aimed at removal of excess facial skin that causes the sagging, may include tightening the underlying connective tissues which are responsible for the firmness of the skin, and redraping of the skin over the face again. This is followed by an exercise regimen that continues to improve the tone of the facial muscles.
Types of facelifts: Though facelifts are advised for people above 50 years of age, depending on patient requirements, it could be done even in younger people. The type of facelift depends on the problem that is being corrected. Some of the common types are:
- SMAS: This is used to lift the layer of tissue under the skin which eliminates sagging in the facial and neck area.
- MACS: This technique is useful when there is mild sagging around the neck area.
- Full facelift: Reduces ageing effects from all regions of the face.
- Mid facelift: Sagging of the cheek area, flattening of the nasolabial folds, and eyelid surgery are done to improve the appearance of a face that is flat around the cheek area.
- Thread lift: Sagging in the eye, forehead, etc., can be corrected by inserting a thread and literally pulling up the underlying tissue.
Plan for recovery: Depending on the extent of surgery, facelifts require considerable time to recover. It is advisable to plan for this, be it time off from work or household activities. It is important to give sufficient time for complete recovery.
Time for results to show up: Initially, there would be significant bruising, discomfort, and swelling. These will subside over a week to 10 days but bear in mind that for the actual result to show up, it could even take up to 6 months.
Surgeon’s Experience: Choosing a right surgeon is extremely essential, as an inexperienced surgeon can do more harm than good. Have a detailed discussion and set the right expectations to avoid disappointment.
If the ageing effects are really bothering you, go ahead and get a facelift. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.