Doctor in Care Hospital - Banjara Hills
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Care Hospital - Banjara HillsYour feedback matters!
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility
Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body.
Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
Secretions from implants
Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from diabetic mellitus from last 3 years and the range of fasting is 140-175 and random is 180-210. Is my medication is o.k.
Sir my father is worried about diabetes he is treatments is going on, if you tell me any chance to cure diabetes in permanently control.
I am female, aged around 60. Weight 80 kg. And height 4.8 ft. Recently it is found that I have blood sugar (fasting 190). And my doctor prescribe gluconorm pg1. But nothing change. What medicine should I use?
My thyroid detected are T3-1.71 T4-.512 Tsh --220, I am feeling pain on my neck. Kindly guide me what should I do? To whom I need to consult? Prescribe any medicine. What foods need to avoid or consume. Please help.
I have hereditary descendant of Diabetes in my our Family. My father found it at age of 29. Now I am turning 23 yrs. What sort of medications could be taken to prevent.
Hypertension is commonly witnessed among patients suffering from type 2 diabetes as compared to those who do not have diabetes. Studies have revealed that arterial hypertension among patients suffering from type 2 diabetes is in the vicinity of 40-50 percent. What’s more, a patient suffering from hypertension and diabetes has an increased risk factor for certain other diseases such as left ventricular hypertrophy, dyslipidemia, elevated fibrinogen and hyperuricemia.
The measurement practice:
It is important to measure blood pressure in a person who is suffering from type 2 diabetes with or without hypertension and renal diseases. Blood pressure measurement should be repeated within a month, if the measurement is 150/190 mm Hg. BP should be measured within a couple, of months if BP is greater than 140/80 mm of Hg.
If a person is consistently suffering from type 2 diabetes and has a BP range of 140/80, the following life style practices should be maintained always:
- A daily exercise schedule: Hypertension coupled with diabetes can be a dangerous combination. To ensure that a person remains healthy it is imperative to maintain a daily exercise schedule for at least half an hour. Exercise consumes extra calories and helps a person maintain a steady blood-sugar level.
- Food habits: Food habit is yet another important criterion to maintain good health for a person suffering from diabetic hypertension. Avoiding starch, glucose, and food with high carbs should be a mandate. Refraining from processed food with a high density of condensed fat, sugar and oil will go a long way in maintaining good health. Consulting a nutritionist is the best way to go.
- Stress is yet another factor that drives diabetic hypertension: A person suffering from regular stress has a greater tendency to fall prey to cardiovascular and renal diseases. The only way to stay away from stress is to ensure that good lifestyle choice are made. A stress -free life can pay rich dividends to a person suffering from diabetic hypertension.
A doctor’s first line of treatment hovers around ACE inhibitors. A pregnant woman suffering from diabetic hypertension is typically prescribed a calcium blocker. This is an antihypertensive drug that helps to stabilize the pregnancy and keep complications at bay. For a person who is resisting to ACE Inhibitor, a doctor might subscribe angiotensin 2 receptor. If the BP is not reduced after the first line of treatment, a doctor adds a thiazide-related diuretic along with the ACE inhibitor to expedite the treatment process.
Even after a triple therapy if a person continues to suffer from high blood pressure, a doctor might prescribe an alpha-blocker, potassium blocker or a beta blocker.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese.
Sir/Madam, I am suffering in diabetes from 2010. Please tell me its best treatment. Please suggest me.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy-
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- high blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- high glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- Indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- Problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage-
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
During the winter season, cold is very easy to catch. However, here are some effective ways with which, you can beat the winter cold:
- Dress in layers. Clothing needs to be of common materials that can keep you warm and channel sweat. Silk and cotton are great decisions.
- Pick your game and fitness clothing carefully so that you do not risk hypothermia – i.e. a body temperature that sinks a lot outside – nor should it be too warm.
- Ensure you have your gloves, cap, and good quality shoes on in chilly climate, as warmth escapes through the body's furthest points.
- Cold weather food
- Icy immunity boosters are great to battle colds and flus. These build up resistance by giving more access to vegetables and organic product in this season.
- Vitamins and minerals are natures' own immunity boosters and help avoid illness.
- Ginger, chili, garlic and turmeric have characteristics that are hostile to disease-containing bacteria. Zinc and Vitamin C are great icy preventers as well.
- Get into juicing and blend organic products, vegetables and fruits.
- Moderate cooking is another incredible approach to intake the healthy properties of vegetables in this season.
- Begin your day by changing your breakfast to a hot porridge sprinkled with cinnamon, granola and berries. Hot breakfast keeps you warm from within, discharges the bad bacteria and gives you energy. If in a rush, try oats. This formula is easy and healthy.
- Cold germs can hit you in case you do not wash your hands, or clean out your nose.
- Always carry hankies and clean your nose when you sneeze to ensure your nose remains dry.
- Make a point to discard the utilised cloth filled with bacteria as quickly as time allows. The key here is to not touch your eyes or nose, and to quickly use a hand sanitiser so that you keep away from germs.
- Wash your hands regularly. Get a hand sanitiser additionally and utilise it whenever you sneeze or touch something you have sneezed on.
- Beyond any doubt, you need to avoid germs by rinsing with Listerine or any other similar mouthwash.
- Watch your drink
- Begin your day with a glass of water with lemon. Carry a water bottle with yourself throughout the day and keep yourself hydrated. Winters can make you feel like you are not thirsty, so make sure you drink at least six glasses of water each day.
- Dry air, dried out bodies and frosty germs do not blend well and you will probably get a bug by not drinking enough. Hot dairy beverages are enticing; however, not as good as plain water.
- Avoid liquor as it does not blend with cool climate and your veins become larger. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the fastest growing disorders in modern times is the malfunction of the Thyroid. The statistics show that the Thyroid condition is the most under-diagnosed health problem. There are millions of people suffering from Thyroid problems, but only a few out of those are diagnosed and treated, see positive results using Thyroid medications. Often the Thyroid levels appear normal with lab, yet the individuals struggle with the symptoms of Thyroid problem. The Thyroid is one of several glands in the endocrine system, located in the front of the neck. The glands of the endocrine system control many of the body’s functions through chemical substances called hormones. The hormones produced by the Thyroid gland regulate how the body cells use energy and how fast the body’s metabolism work. This gland also affects the rate of growth of the hair and bones, the body over weight, temperature and energy level as well as the function of the heart and digestive system.
Homeopathy For Thyroid
In homeopathy, there is no general treatment and no specific remedies for any disease. Rather, treatment is individualized. This means that the presentation of a disease in each patient is considered unique, and the homeopath prescribes remedies after an intimate consultation with each patient.
During the homeopathy consultation, the homeopath considers more than just the symptoms of the disease. He also considers the disposition and constitution of the patient. This means that the homeopath approaches treatment by weighing the physical, mental and emotional states of the patient as well as the symptoms of the disease. This approach leads to the prescription of a unique set of remedies for each patient. Therefore, two patients suffering from the same disease may receive two different sets of remedies from the same homeopath.
The second principle of homeopathy is the use of poisons to treat diseases. Homeopathy employs watered down poisons to treat disorders. A similar principle is used in the production of vaccines in conventional medicine. If a natural compound may cause certain symptoms and signs in high doses, homeopaths believe very low doses of the dilute solution of the compound can also relieve the same symptoms and signs.
Despite the apparent confusion and the seeming lack of coherence, homeopathy has been largely successful and in some cases, its practices and remedies can be backed up with scientific evidence. Even though homeopathy does not provide specific remedies for any disease, it is still possible to draw up a list of commonly prescribed homeopathic remedies for any disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes, frequently alluded to by specialists as diabetes mellitus, it depicts a gathering of metabolic illnesses in which the individual has high level of glucose in the blood (blood sugar), either in light of the fact that the production of insulin is insufficient, or on the grounds that the cells of the body don't react appropriately to insulin, or both. Patients with high blood sugar will commonly encounter polyuria (continuous pee), they will turn out to be progressively parched (polydipsia) and hungry (polyphagia).
1. It's the start of the holiday season, which implies heaps of candies, cookies, cakes, and different treats wherever you go. And, numerous individuals with sort 2 diabetes accept that their finding implies they should starve their sweet tooth and say no to these seasonal treats. Yet, is that truly the case?
Joyfully, say experts, the answer is no watchful way to deal with planning your diabetes diet and it implies you don't need to kiss desserts farewell. Yet, to have the capacity to appreciate that pumpkin pie or bit of cake without blame while holding your blood sugar levels in line, you have to know:
- What you are eating
- How much you are eating
- Carbohydrate, sugar, and calorie substance of all that you devour
Impacts: After you eat or drink, your body separates the sugars in your blood and transforms it into glucose. The glucose goes through your bloodstream and gives your body vitality. To fulfill this, your pancreas needs to deliver a hormone called insulin. In a man with (diabetes mellitus), the pancreas either delivers too little insulin or none by any means, or the insulin can't be utilized viably. This permits blood glucose levels to rise while whatever is left of your cells are denied of greatly required vitality. This can prompt a wide assortment of issues influencing about all aspects of your body.
I am 63 yes female no sugar BP but have hypothyroidism having 37.5 mcg thyronorm daily My total cholesterol is 276 Triglycerides 229 LDL 210 Hdl 48 Should I take Aston 10?
जब हम कार्बोहाइड्रेट से युक्त खाद्य पदार्थों का सेवन करते हैं, तो यही हमारे शरीर में ऊर्जा में बदलता है. जिसे ग्लूकोज कहा जाता है. अब इस ऊर्जा को हमारे शरीर की लाखों कोशिकाओं में पहुंचाना होता है. जिससे कोशिकाएं ग्लूकोज को जलाकर शरीर को ऊर्जा पहुंचाने का काम करते हैं. यह तभी हो सकता है जब हमारा अग्नाशय पर्याप्त मात्रा में इंसुलिन का निर्माण करे. इंसुलिन दरअसल एक हार्मोन है जो हमारे शरीर में कार्बोहाइड्रेट और वसा की मात्रा को नियंत्रित करता है. बिना इंसुलिन के ग्लूकोज हमारे शरीर की कोशिकाओं में प्रवेश नहीं कर पाता है. जिससे रक्त कोशिकाओं के बाहर ही एकत्रित रह जाता है. ऐसे में व्यक्ति को ऊर्जा नहीं मिल पाती और इस समस्या को ही हम मधुमेह करते हैं.
मधुमेह की बीमारी सीधे-सीधे इंसुलिन से जुड़ी होती है. यानी जब इन्सुलिन का उत्पादन कम होता है. तो शुगर या मधुमेह के नाम से जानते हैं. इसलिए मधुमेह को दो श्रेणियों में रखा जा सकता है. टाइप वन और टाइप टू. टाइप-1 का मतलब है शरीर में इंसुलिन का उत्पादन नहीं हो पा रहा है. जब कि टाइप-2 मधुमेह का मतलब है इंसुलिन का उत्पादन तो हो रहा है पर इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं हो पा रहा जिसके कारण ग्लूकोज कोशिकाओं में नहीं जा पाता है और रक्त में उसकी मात्रा बढ़ जाती है. कुल मिलाकर आप यह कह सकते हैं. कि टाइप 2 मधुमेह में हमारे शरीर में उत्पादित इंसुलिन का सही उपयोग नहीं हो पाता है. और इंसुलिन की अतिरिक्त मात्रा में उत्पादन हो जाने के कारण अग्नाशय इंसुलिन नहीं बना पाता बनाता है. इसलिए टाइप 2 मधुमेह कि मरीजों को परेशानी होती है. तो आइए टाइप-2 मधुमेह को और अच्छे से समझने के लिए हम निम्लिखित बिन्दुओं का अध्ययन करें.
1. बार-बार प्यास लगना
टाइप-2 मधुमेह के दौरान व्यक्ति को बार बार-प्यास और पेशाब लगता है. इसका कारण ये है कि इस दौरान आपका शरीर आमतौर पर निर्जलित ही रहता है. शरीर का निर्जलीकरण होने के कारण ही बार बार प्यास लगती है.
2. बार-बार पेशाब लगना
रक्त में अतिरिक्त शुगर की उपस्थिति के कारण गुर्दे को साफ बनाए रखने के लिए अधिक काम करना पड़ता है. और मूत्र के द्वारा अतिरिक्त शुगर को शरीर से बाहर निकालने का काम किया जाता है. इसलिए बार-बार पेशाब आता है.
3. थकान महसूस करना
जब हमारे शरीर की कोशिकाओं में ग्लूकोज नहीं पहुंच पाती है, यानी ग्लूकोज की आपूर्ति ठीक से नहीं हो पाती है. तब व्यक्ति को थकान कब महसूस होता है. और उसे जल्दी भूख लगी भूख भी लगने लगती है. ये भी मधुमेह का एक महत्वपूर्ण लक्षण है.
4. घावों का देर से भरना
मधुमेह के मरीजों में रक्त शर्करा का स्तर सही नहीं होने के कारण तंत्रिका या किसी अन्य अंग की क्षति का कारण बन जाता है. इस समस्या के कारण ही आपके शरीर के घाव को ठीक होने में काफी देर लगती हैं. यदि आपके घाव भी ठीक होने में ज्यादा समय ले रहे हैं तो किसी चिकित्सक से सम्पर्क करें.
5. वजन में कमी
मधुमेह टाइप 2 के मरीजों में अक्सर यह देखा जाता है. कि उनकी वजन में कमी आती है. इसलिए कहा जा सकता है. कि टाइप-2 मधुमेह से पीड़ित मरीज मरीजों के वजन में कमी आना इसका एक लक्षण है.
6. इन्फेक्शन होना
टाइप 2 मधुमेह से महिला या पुरुष दोनों ही पीड़ित हो सकते हैं. ऐसा आप उनके हाथ और पैर की उंगलियों के बीच, सेक्स अंगो के आसपास और स्तन के नीचे यीस्ट इन्फेक्शन को देखकर भी अनुमान लगा सकते हैं.
7. बालों का गिरना
मधुमेह के दौरान यह भी देखा जाता है. कि मधुमेह के मरीजों के बाल झड़ने शुरू हो जाते हैं. मधुमेह के मरीजों में बाल झड़ने की समस्या आमतौर पर उत्पन्न हो जाते हैं.
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
Some fertility boosting factors are:
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Ask your gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is diabetic kidney disease?
Diabetic nephropathy, also known as Diabetic Kidney Disease is a type of complication that occurs in people who are a victim to diabetes. That does not mean every individual with diabetes will have this disease, but if the necessary precautions are not taken, then it can lead to this disease. Diabetic Kidney Disease is characterised by excessive amounts of albumin as well as protein in the urine. In diabetics, certain chemicals in the kidneys shoot up and hamper the function of the glomeruli.
The glomeruli are the main units of kidneys that are responsible for the filtration. Diabetic kidney diseases result in the leakage of essential products like albumin and protein into the urine. When this happens, the protein levels in the blood reduce. If proper precautions are not taken and treatment is not done, then the disease may worsen and the condition will progress to ‘end-stage renal failure’.
How to avoid diabetic kidney disease?
The best way to treat diabetic kidney disease is to prevent it in the first place. Foremost, you should prevent the risk factors in order to avoid coming down with Diabetic Nephropathy. The risk factors include high blood pressure, high levels of blood sugar, dyslipidemia and smoking. Avoid excess of following 5S Sugar, Salt, smoke, stress and sedentary life.
Intensive control over blood sugar
According to certain clinical trials, maintaining and keeping a good control over your blood sugar levels drastically reduces the risk of developing diabetic kidney disease. If you are diabetic, make it a point to get your regular checkups and maintain your diet to prevent the levels of sugar in your blood to shoot up. Other things that you must keep in your mind are to take proper medication that has been prescribed to you. You must adhere to your treatment plans and follow the guidelines that have been given to you.
Intensive control over blood pressure
Hypertension is common in patients who are diabetic. Hypertension alone can result in end-organ damage due to excess pressure build up in the blood vessels. Hypertension associated with hyperglycaemia (diabetes) is a ticking bomb for your kidneys. Hence it is advised to keep your blood pressure under control as well to prevent diabetic kidney disease.
Diabetic nephropathy is not something that happens to every individual with diabetes, so if you follow the above simple tips, the chances of the same reduce, and thus the quality of your life goes up. Many diabetics will get kidney failure due to causes other than diabetes and that may be treatable. Hence early consult with nephrologist is a must.