Doctor in Apollo Health City
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Ligament Reconstruction Surgery
Joint Pain Treatment
Knee Osteotomy Treatment
Treatment Of Meniscus Injury
Hip Injury Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Treatment of Shoulder SLAP (Tear) Lesions
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Submit a review for Apollo Health CityYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Dr Sharat did it immediately and started the joint pain treatment for it. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it . Due to my problem my daily activities were suffering. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the shoulder pain is something else. By chance, I approached Dr Sharat for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any surgery and all. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. During the treatment, he supported me a lot. Thanks to him I am much better now.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope with my lower back pain. From quite some time i was suffering from pain, but never gave much importance to it. I owe Dr Kumar a big thanks for making me fine again. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Apollo Health City is so nice. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor.
After my accident, I was suffering from unbearable pain on my left shoulder, which became a major problem as it was affecting my daily routine, so I fixed up an appointment with Dr P. Sharat Kumar at his clinic in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. The treatment provided by him was just unbelievable as after few sessions I was feeling amazing and no trace of pain was there.
I have had this leg pain from quite some time. Initially the leg pain wasnot that severe but then it became worse. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Over the period of time the leg pain treatment has helped me a lot. The overall atmosphere in the Apollo Health City is very soothing.Dr Kumar with great ease handled my case.
I was suffering from acute pain in my hand for which I chose to consult Dr Sharat Kumar .Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but he has treated my completely. It was getting very difficult for me to cope up with my pain in my hand.But after his treatment I am perfectly fine.
Dr Sharat Kumar has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Apollo Health City. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and he still takes my call in case of any emergency.
The medication dr P.Sharat Kumar gave me regarding my back pain were really helpful at his clinic Apollo Health City in Hyderabad. now I can say my upper back pain is reduced by 80 %.Overall it was a good experience.Thank You :)
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee.
- You may notice redness in your knee area.
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms.
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include:
- Joint care and rest
- To take weight off the area affected, a cane is used
- Pain relief that does not involve drugs
- Shedding excess weight
- Alternative and complementary therapies