Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hubli-Dharwad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Uday KumarYour feedback matters!
I feel dizziness when I am lying on bed and have cold from so many days. So where I have to go for checkup.
Hello doctor, a white substance is piercing all over the surface of my nose. What is it and how to cure it.
I feel every time dry my thyroid, can you explain me because now I am not in India so, This is not a cancer symptoms?
I couldn't sleep properly yesterday and day before yesterday, I slept only for around 3-4 hours. After waking up, I'm experiencing pain in head in area around my left ear. After massaging slightly that area, it feels better. Also, I work in night shift. Kindly suggest what is it and is it something harmful?
I've been suffering from throat irritation and pain for last six months. It seems there are lot cough in my throat always I've to cough up but sometimes a little bit black mucous comes out after a hard try. I can't remain silent even for half an hour. Please suggest me .Can I go for homeopathic? Thanks.
I have throat infection around tonsils. And I am suffering from dizziness and can't do anything. Please tell me it's solution so that I can come back to normal life.
Tips and causes of ear ache-
I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, we will discuss about children having pain in the ear.
One of the commonest reason for which the parents take their child to a doctor is for an earache. Earache’s in children is most commonly caused because of cold that has gone out for some time, because in this case fluid or material gets in the middle ear of the children causes pressure upon the eardrum or tympanic membrane and causes pain. Sometimes pain may be because of some infection related to swimming as in a swimmers ear or wax or an external ear infection.
The commonest treatment for this is to start the child on some kind of an anti-histamine micro-lite as well as some nasal spray or drops so that the congestion due to blockage caused by infection should be open up.
Most of the time children will wake up in the night 3 or 4 o clock crying with pain if they have had a cold for some time a pain in the ear is usually relieved by this crying. In these instances, it is better to give the child a simple pain killer or a paracetamol and instil some nasal drops because that will help the child. Try to go to the doctor so that the doctor can determine the cause of the pain and star treatment. I would like to tell you that most often antibiotics are not necessary in these cases but a proper ENT consultation is required so that the child can be diagnosed properly.
Our clinic treats an ear infection in people very very frequently. I will request you to call me or send me a message, in case you have a query otherwise you can get in touch with my clinic staff they will give you an appointment.
Hello everyone I I am having pain in my left ear .actually there was itching inside my ear so I used my finger to itch and since 5 days it's its paining a lot .please tell me what to do and a medicine .i have taken an antibiotic and candid ear drop but it's its paining still.
6mahine se ENT doctar ki dawa kha raha hu sr problem badti ja rhi h kuch samaz nhi aa raha h ab to gala itna jada dukh raha h ki sahen nhi kar pa rha hu aisa lag raha h gale me koi fhoda h vindos copi me bhi kuch nhi aaya ab batao mai or kya karu cancer ki test kar sakta hu kya.
I talk very loudly. People say I talk as if giving lectures. I have 40 decibels conductive hearing loss n both ears but I am able to manage it. I have issue only when people talking very softly. Pls guide.
1. Relieve sinusitis: when the air is too dry, sinuses don't drain and function properly. According to many ent experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinus health especially if you're regularly suffering from congestion and sinusitis.
2. Heal faster: whether it be a cold, asthma, or allergies, a humidifier keeps your nasal passages lubricated, which helps speed up the healing process when you're under the weather. For people with bad allergies, there are humidifiers that are specially designed to purify the air as well.
3. No more nosebleeds: another reason keeping your nasal passages moist and lubricated is essential is to prevent nosebleeds. If you're regularly experiencing nosebleeds due to your dry climate, it's worth a try. Many people have found that it makes a huge difference.
4. Alleviate snoring: the moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from drying out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your partner is a snorer, the added bonus is that (at least) one of you will be sleeping more soundly.
5. Support beautiful skin: soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on through the night. In the morning, you'll notice not only that your face looks more supple but also that your hands and lips don't feel dry and dehydrated.
Before you go out and purchase one, learn about the differences between warm and cool-mist humidifiers.
How to keep the ear free of wax accumulation. My ENT doctor said do not use anything to clean it. It gets automatically clean. He is against using ear buds also. Sometimes due to wax, it is itchy and I use my last finger to allay the itch somehow. Because of that activity sometimes some pain starts and persists for sometime. Then there is also ringing sound in the ear sometimes. Please advise. Thanks.
My husband throat always remain infected, ENT doctors telling he has hyperacidity due to which acid travels via his throat and infects. Please suggest some remedy.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional.