Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hubballi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srishail Chiniwalar
Treatment of Appendicitis
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment Of Appendicitis In Children
Submit a review for Dr. Srishail ChiniwalarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thank you very much for the care and support you have given for my mother's recovery. We are very grateful to you.
He gives some little bit information about the disease and gives some prescription.
Ashok Kumar Gudagunti
Warm to interact... has a healing touch...
Well treatment, good conducting
GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease is a chronic digestive disease which occurs when the stomach acid and at times the contents in your stomach flows backwards into the food pipe. The backwash or reflux irritates the esophagus's lining and hence causes GERD. Individuals may manage GERD's discomfort by changing their lifestyle and by taking over-the-counter or OTC medications. But, certain people might also require stronger medications or surgery for reducing the symptoms.
Some of the basic signs include chest pain, burning sensation in the chest, dry cough, difficulty in swallowing, sore throat, etc. If you experience such symptoms at least twice a week or if your physician notices damage in your food pipe, then you might undergo diagnosis. Though drugs are the primary GERD treatment yet, an individual can manage it by following certain tips which may give relief.
Few ways to manage GERD- self-care tips:
- One of the effective ways to help yourself is by consuming smaller meals. Instead of taking three big meals regularly, you may try having smaller meals frequently and avoid stuffing.
- Almost all individuals tend to have dinner just half an hour before sleep, but this might affect GERD patients. It is best to eat 2 hours before going to bed as by doing so your stomach will get enough time to digest the food.
- Due to a hectic schedule and fast paced lifestyle, people tend to eat as quickly as possible. To manage GERD, one must eat slowly and put down the spoon or fork in between each bite.
- Changing the daily diet by striking off the trigger foods is beneficial in managing GERD symptoms. Though the food triggers vary from one person to another yet, it includes coffee, chocolate, peppermint, alcohol, tomato, citrus juices, onions, spicy and high- fat foods, etc.
- Sleeping with the head end of the bed elevated by 6 inches is a very effective way of reducing night time reflux. It is also advisable to sleep on your left side . Never sleep on the right side as this position promotes reflux. Medications to reduce acid production are the mainstay of the medical treatment.
- One always has to ensure that they are following the various lifestyle changes along with the medication. Other medications include pro kinetic medicines which help the stomach empty. Surgery always remains the last resort in the treatment of GERD. Endoscopy is required for the diagnosis or GERD Prior to any surgery a Manometry and 24 hr ph merry test is compulsory.
If you are suffering from GERD symptoms frequently, then you may maintain a diary for figuring out which foods are giving you trouble.
When is a surgery required?
If lifestyle changing tips and other medications fail to provide any relief, then physicians recommend undergoing surgery.
- Surgery is done for strengthening lower esophageal sphincter and also for reinforcing it. The surgery for reinforcing lower esophageal sphincter is performed by surgeons laparoscopically. The surgeon inserts instruments like a tiny camera and flexible tube by making 3-4 incisions in the abdomen. This surgery for managing GERD may be quite effective.
- Experts state that candidates who undergo GERD surgery are those who are unwilling to take GERD drugs or are not getting relief from them. While choosing a surgeon, it is better to consider one who possesses huge experience of the particular operation which you need and also with a good track record.
- So, you must visit a doctor if you experience frequent gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms. It won't be a good decision to take OTC medications without your doctor's recommendation if you notice arm or jaw pain along with difficulty in breathing as these are signs of heart attack.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Abdominal pain also referred to as stomach ache mainly appears in the pelvic and chest regions. The pain can be dull, crampy, sharp or recurrent. It occurs mainly due to a disease or inflammation that affects the abdominal organs. It is very important to seek the assistance of a doctor, especially if the pain is severe and is associated with pain in the chest and trauma or injury. It is not necessary that the pain in the lower abdomen be a cause of alarm, but it is essential to know the cause of the pain.
Symptoms of Abdominal Pain
- Belly ache is not something one should get worried about, but if the pain radiates downwards from the chest it could be a sign of heart attack. If chest pain radiate to left arm or back then think of cardiac and rarely pancreatitis ( especially for radiation to back).
- In case the symptom is accompanied by lightheadness or shortness of breath, it is very important that the doctor is contacted immediately.
- To avoid serious medical conditions, it is best to avoid pain killers as the symptoms would get hidden and the cause of pain would be difficult to identify.
What are the Main Causes of Abdominal Pain?
- The major organs of the abdomen include the stomach, gall bladder, small and large intestines, kidneys, liver, pancreas, appendix and spleen.
- Significant abdominal pain is caused mainly due to bacterial, parasitic and viral infections that affect the abdomen.
- The abdominal pain could be caused due to inflammation, intestinal disorders and blockages.
- The other common reasons that can produce pain in the lower right abdomen include diarrhea, constipation, stress, vomiting, stomach flu, and acid reflux.
- In the case of acid reflux the contents of the stomach go back into the esophagus and cause symptoms such as heartburn.
Common Causes of Pain in the Abdominal Region
The most common cause of abdominal pain is constipation, which is caused by difficulty in the digestive tract to push the waste out of the body. Severe pain in the lower abdominal area can rupture the organs and result in appendix. Infection in the kidney or occurrence of stones in the gallbladder can also cause pain in the abdominal region. Pain in the abdomen can also be caused by different types of cancer.
Some of the causes of abdominal pain are life threatening and therefore it is important to consult a doctor if the pain persists or lasts for a few days. It has been observed that even a heart attack can cause pain in the upper abdominal region or even cause back pain. Immediate medical attention should be sought in cases where the patient has fever, severe pain, weight loss, persistent vomiting and nausea, swelling of the abdomen and severe tenderness on touching the abdomen. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) refers to a health condition wherein the stomach acids tend to leak backwards from your stomach into the oesophagus, causing the latter to experience a good amount of irritation, thereby triggering a number of other problems. GERD has a way of affecting people irrespective of their age or gender. Patients who suffer from asthma are at greater risks of encountering the problem of GERD, and some asthma medicines tend to worsen reflux symptoms. However, the effects are indeed two-way in this regard. Acid reflux worsens asthma symptoms by deeply affecting the lungs and airways. Allergic reactions might also be brought about as a result of such a condition.
GERD is a condition that everyone has experienced at one point or the other in their lives. It generally happens when on burping you are left with a bit of an acid taste that lingers in your mouth, followed simultaneously by a case of heartburn. A sure way to ascertain this condition is to check for the following symptoms:
- Sudden and excessive rise in saliva
- Acid regurgitation
- Gums show inflammation
- Sore throat that is chronic
- Bad breath
- Encountering pain or difficulty while swallowing
- Hoarseness or laryngitis
- Chest pain
How can it be treated?
The prime treatment measure for GERD is to adopt necessary lifestyle changes so that you may nurture better health. In case you happen to be overweight, it is important that you look into the matter of weight loss.
- Medicines must be taken along with a lot of water, and doctors must ensure that prescribed medications do not actually worsen your heartburn.
- Over-the-counter medications and antacids can be used every once in a while after meals, but it does one good to remember that the effects don’t last for long. Side effects of excessive dosage of antacids include constipation or diarrhoea.
- Proton pump inhibitors might also be recommended in acute cases of GERD to reduce the total amount of acid that is manufactured in your stomach. H2 blocker is another antidote that aims at reducing the level of acid that is released in your stomach.
- Anti-reflux surgery is also prescribed for those people whose symptoms persist despite a change in medications and lifestyle patterns. An endoscopic surgery is another important procedure that may be opted for in order to correct GERD.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Feeling bloated or acidic after a heavy meal can take away all the satisfaction the taste of food gave you. Indigestion and gas are some of the most common gastrointestinal problems faced by people around the world. In most cases, indigestion is a result of bad food choices and unhealthy lifestyles. Thus they can simply be relieved at home and do not necessarily need medication. Here are 4 easy steps to lower heartburn, gas and indigestion.
- Add more fiber to your food: Fiber is crucial to healthy digestion. It is easy to digest and help push waste out of the system by adding bulk. In this way, fiber helps detoxify the system as well. It also prevents diabetes, heart disease, hemorrhoids and other diseases. Add fiber to your diet in the form of whole grains, cereals, fruits, vegetables, nuts and plenty of water. Ideally, a woman should have 25gms of fiber a day and men should have 38 grams of fiber a day.
- Healthy food eating habits: How you eat also makes a difference to your digestion. Instead of eating on the move, eat mindfully. Chew your food carefully to begin the digestive system. Eating smaller portions can also help improve stomach functioning. Avoid fast foods that are difficult to digest. Ensure that you do not eat anything for at least an hour before going to bed. Lying down immediately after a meal is one of the leading causes of indigestion.
- Probiotics: Gut bacteria is essential for healthy digestion. This bacteria helps maintain a healthy inner ecosystem and help fight harmful viruses, yeast and other such microorganisms. This balance of gut bacteria can be affected by an unhealthy lifestyle like excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, stress and certain prescription drugs. Supplementing your natural probiotic enzymes with food rich in probiotics like yogurt or probiotic supplements can help make your digestion better.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise is necessary not only for a fit body but also for healthy digestion. Exercising also helps fight stress that is one of the leading causes of indigestion. Taking a walk after meals can help regulate the passage of food and gases in your digestive system. This prevents bloating and heartburn. Physical activity also helps stimulate your bowels to prevent constipation and prevent gaseous build up. Some forms of exercise you could try are yoga, swimming and cycling. A word of caution; always ensure that there is at least an hour's gap between exercising and your last meal.
Constipation by itself is not a disease but it a condition in which your bowel movement is infrequent and the stools are hard and difficult to pass.
Constipation happens to most of us at one time or the other and then it goes away naturally. Chronic constipation is constipation which is long-term and it usually signals a deep-rooted medical problem which requires intervention.
Symptom of constipation
While fewer bowel movements is a foremost symptom of constipation, other common symptoms are-
- Trouble passing stools
- Pellet-like hard or small stools
- A sense of being full even after a bowel movement
- Flatulence, swollen belly
- Belly pain
- Throwing up
- Changes in your lifestyle and usual diet like travelling
- Having too much of dairy
- Colon cancer
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS
- Neurological conditions like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Inactive lifestyle
- Less water and fibre in diet
- Overusing laxatives
- Problems with the muscles and nerves in the digestive system
- Drugs like pain medications and narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills
What should you do?
Constipation can be handled by taking simple steps like:
- Drinking four extra glasses of water a day over your normal intake.
- Drinking warm water in the morning.
- Adding more fibre to your diet by eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating more bran cereal and brown rice.
- You can use a very mild over-the-counter stool softener and laxatives like magnesium hydroxide. But take care to not use them for more than two weeks at a time. If you don’t get any relief, it’s time to call your doctor.
- Constipation happens out of the blue and is not a new problem for you.
- You see blood in your stool.
- You are losing weight.
- You are experiencing severe pain during bowel movements.
- Your constipation is more than two weeks old.
- You are getting pencil-thin stools.
The following tests are recommended to unearth the reasons behind chronic constipation:
- Blood tests to check hormone levels
- Barium studies a kind of test which looks for blockages in your colon
- Colonoscopy which again looks for blockages in your colon
A type of constipation which is due to pelvic floor /outlet dysfunction. This may need biofeedback therapy. At times some kind of minor surgery
Constipation really is very amenable to diet and lifestyle changes. Eat a well-balanced diet and go for light, regular exercise to prevent chronic constipation. Also, drink two quarts of water every day to keep yourself regular.
My daughter has problem in stomach. Everyday evening she says I am not feeling gud bcz something happening in stomach. She is 14 years appendix operation done 1 years back. Is it gastric problem. We give her jeera water warm. Pls advice.
I have gastric problem starting from after noon and this continues until late evening. I keep burping through out. There is no burning sensation though. I don't understand the reason though I tried to analyse it. I am normal until lunch.
Insurance: People by ignorance are not opting for insurance when a small premium amount yearly can save them from cutting their pockets. Nearly 80% of India is uninsured. What a potential it is for the insurance companies. Though majority of the population cant afford the private insurance schemes, the government can fill that void rather than spending huge budgets on populist schemes of giving free TV or refrigerator or cycle etc. Many of the affordable families in Karnataka take Yeshaswini schemes meant for poor farmers, so misutilisation of government funds creates shortfall further denting the services.
The affordable can pay from the pockets, the government can take care of the poor and its the middle class which suffers most by cutting into their savings. The middle class India should realise the benefits of insurance schemes. The engineers and their families working in MNC's at Hyderabad, Bangalore or the world over have realised it, just emulate them!