Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hubli-Dharwad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oral Lesions Screening
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Cosmetic Bonding Procedure
Space Maintainers Procedure
Restoration Aesthetics Procedures
Facial Aesthetic Surgery
Lingual Orthodontics Treatment
Ceramic Veneers Procedure
Partial Denture (Metal Based) Procedure
Straightening Teeth (Conventional Braces) Procedur
Acrylic Partial Denture Procedure
Dental Aesthetics Procedure
Dental Bleaching Procedure
Preadjusted Edgewise Technique
I have got sensitivity problem in my teeth. What I will do? I used sensodine but there is no relief.
My tooth is paining very much. I visited a dentist and was no cavity was in my tooth, he said if it is paining badly then root canaling is the only option. I want to ask is any other option for removing pain.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.
I am using the toothpaste" Dabur" red. Is that toothpaste good or can I use" vicco" toothpaste. Pls give suggestions.
I am 61 yrs old, there are gaps between teeth. Is there any mouth wash which tightens my gums and reduces the pockets.
How can get relief from ad breath completely. Already done mouth wash two times and having always brush for two times daily. Pls. Help.
Im feeling a severe pain in my teeth and its been due to cavity and when I eat or sip something, I feel a pain and ive tried haldi and garlic so that it could control my pain but no use. So please could you recommend me a medicine or should I consult the doctor to remove my teeth.
Please, suggest me what can I do if I have a cyst like small structure in my hard palate (which is sometimes occur but sometimes not). I had RCT in my teeth earlier. But it grows on the left side but I had RCT in my right side.
White patches in tobacco smokers or chewers are generally pre - cancerous. Quit tobacco and prevent cancer !
Hi. I want to ask that my teeth are becoming yellow from 1 year. So please suggest me how to make teeth white? please recommend me something.
My tooth are little outside my mouth I am thin so it looks ugly. How I resolve this problem through toothpin or some other thing which can affordable by anyone.
I am suffering from gums problem. My gums starts blooding when I brush my teeth. Please help me to stronger my teeth gum.
Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
- Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be 'eaten' right down to the gum.
- Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
- Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
- Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.