Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hubli-Dharwad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gururaj Murgod
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj MurgodYour feedback matters!
Sir mujhe joints pain hota hai ye karib 15 saal se hai. Har saal me ek bar jarur HOTA hai aur mere sir se lekar pair sare joint par dard hota hai .yaha Tak ki chest ke joint me bhi pain hota hai agle saal January me huya that aur may me thik ho gaya aur ab fir is saal me karib 10 dino SE ho raha hai. Mai bahut sare doctor SE dhikhaya but kabhi thik nahi ho pa raha hai. Please sir mujhe koi medicine suggest karo .
I am 22 years old. I have a ankle injury in my right leg It is a hairline fracture. What should I do?
I am having a back pain whenever I drive bike. Any solution or remedies for it? I cannot avoid during bike.
I am suffering from low back pain and left side pain radiating from shoulder to the left leg. From past many years if feel I am lonely though I have my family and sometimes depressed also. I and my husband have no jobs we are 53 ans 55 years and having lots of loans and financial problem also. So kindly suggest remedies to our problems.
Respected doctor: My wife got positive in test of HLA B5 and B51 And got negative in ANA and RA test but still inflammation in joints is it's curable or have to take medication for life time?
For some days whenever I started run fast my one leg muscle started paining very badly and I can not able to run for some days. And after some days it cured automatically. But whenever then I run fast same problem happen again. What should I do. Plzz answer soon. Thankyou.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.