Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dharmesh Hubli Pain ClinicYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear.
Me gym kr rha tha tbhi mere thumb or wrist ke joint me dard hone laga hathh modte hue or thumb chalate hue 3 months ho chuke h or kafi pahalvan or ek phsio therapist ko dikha liya h pr koi asar nhi pd rha h .ab me kya karuu.
Hi. I feel pain on d right side of my lower back to the right side of my lower abdomen right down to my leg and I also felt a sharp pain when trying to pass a wind. Please help me out.
Hello Doctor, my husband is doing daily night shift,& the problem is his leg is paining in thigh, calf, Heel, arch,ball of the leg has lots of pain. He is 26 year old. So what is main problem? Can U please suggest me.
Getting pain in right side below my chest from last 3 days. I have applied volini but not get relief. Also took dyegine sherup. But not get relief. please give me a better solution for that
hi Mam mere body pain hoti hai legs mai bhot pain hota hai bilkul bhe body mai taakat nhi rehti mai kya karu. please help me
My husband hv shoulder pain frm 20 days, he is s/w engineer, he can not even sit in the office, how to cure pls suggest any medicine or exercise. please help me for that
She's having very bad pain in her chest n her hand is also paining, feeling num. What could be the reason?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Severe pain in the knee joints
- Pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- Pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- Joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- Pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Severe pain in the morning
- Mild fever accompanying the pain
- Joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- Sudden stiffness of the joints
- Pain that increases in cold weather
- Mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Dry needling, cupping, taping can help to control the pain and keep the joint supported.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy for knee arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions. The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Dear Doctor, leg below knee are painful. Even after full night I find pain in the morning. I am not diabetic. Uric acid was little higher. What should I do.
Sir, now a days feeling very Lazy I can't concentration studies. In morning feeling sweet pain in my stomach.
Dear sir, I was married 11 months back. Due to job we are in separate locations, but every weekend will meet and participate in sex, and planning for children, 2 months back I refer in Google getting fast pregnancy have to participate sex in 14th day of period cycle. Last 2 months I had met with my wife in 14th day only, but till there was no results. My wife mensuration cycle is 30 days. Now what will suggest to us? Please share.
I am diabetic patient. Want to change. Planning for baby. But my hips is 7 kya its ok to conceive or what is the range of hbaic to conceive please tell I am taking medicine trajenta and diamicron.
My wife is suffering for mild fever 99 for almost 2 months. Earlier I got CBC, crp and all test that are normal but fever still 99. But few days approx 13 days back I done urine culture that shows klebsiella BACTERIA. Then do following treatment First 3 days Levomac 500 mg once at night for 3 days Than For 5 days Oroflox 200 mg two times a day Levomac 500 mg half tablet at night Than For 5 days Levomac 500 mg full tablet once at night Zifi O two times a day urikind KM two times a day Now she has again 99 fever. What will I do. Is this bacteria takes times to settle down or we are going on wrong direction. Now she has sometimes irritation in his vaginal part also. Please suggest the best.
I am 21 year old male. Due to 1 month practin and decdan tablets use .last year I have suffering from gastric and sharp chest pain problem. In upper middle of the chest during stretching and walking .I consulted from gastrologist. He said this is GERD. Then I take treatment of 8-9 weeks. And he gave following medicines. Nexpro rd40, librax, ciplar20, flumecor cap, cirrosam-400, prorad-z (sachet) hepxtra (liver tonic). I feel some relief but yet chest is still paining and heavy feeling. What causes chest is still paining yet .while I am taking medicines properly. What should I do I am worried about my health and it effects my study and daily living. Please help me. THANX.
I get severe throbbing headache mostly in the middle of the night. Headaches are very very severe. I take imol plus, but before they get resolved I suffer a lot. Sometimes they subside after vomiting. I get them 4-5 days in a month. Want to know the cause of it. Can it be some gastric issue or eye problem or something else. Wt to do.
Hi sir i am heaving back pain form a long time so plz suggest me something for that plz help me for that
The spine plays a very crucial role, both from a person’s movement and sensation point of view. It carries the nervous supply for a lot of internal organs and the lower body. By virtue of its structure, it also helps in movement through the disks. Due to various reasons, spinal injury is common, causing pain along the back, lower extremities, neck etc.
Medicines and exercise are the first line of treatment for most spinal injuries. The issue, however, is that these only provide relief from the pain and the medicines, but do not actually ‘rectify’ the underlying problem. Whether it is a herniated disk or a pinched nerve, the medicines and exercise can relieve the symptoms, but the disk continues to be herniated and the nerve continues to be pinched. Definite treatment is in the form of surgery, and with recent advancements in the field of spinal surgery, there are minimally invasive surgical options, which provide complete cure with minimal recovery time. Some of the benefits of this are listed below-
Smaller incision compared to traditional surgical procedures, where only the injured area is accessed
The surrounding tissues are untouched, unless they are injured and require repair
Lesser bleeding compared to earlier techniques
Lesser painful procedure
Reduced hospitalization period
Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
The question, however, is whether this is indicated in everybody. A detailed discussion with your surgeon keeping the below points in mind will help identify the answer for this. The main driver should be the answer to the question – will the surgery be able to effectively relieve you of the pain and symptoms? Additionally, the following factors help in getting better results out of a minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Presence of symptoms relating to nerve compression, including pain from the spine down the leg.
Recent onset of symptoms, with pain starting days to months before seeing the doctor. This indicates the condition is relatively new and so damage is minimal, indicating favorable outcome. Chronic pain conditions take slightly longer time compared to recent injuries.
People with active lifestyle who engage in regular physical exercise are likely to have better benefits from the minimally invasive procedure.
Smoking reduces blood flow to the spine, leading to disk degeneration and weakening of bones. Healing is highly slowed down and recovery is overall delayed.
Excessive weight puts strain on the back, and so healing can be delayed or badly affected with more complications. It is not a contraindication, but be prepared for a longer recovery period.
Spinal surgery becomes inevitable when back pain cannot be managed with medications and/or exercise. This is a major decision and requires planning for many things before, during, and after the surgery.
Before a spinal surgery- This preparation will help in smooth recovery, especially if you do not have a full-time caretaker.
Discontinue pain killers: Discontinue pain killers at least 10 to 14 days before surgery. These are blood thinners and can prolong bleeding during the surgery.
Prepare for blood loss: Most people experience some blood loss, but not excessive.
Use a toilet seat raiser: Sitting and getting up from the toilet seat may be difficult. The seat raiser is used to increase the height, making this movement easy.
Enable easy access to common items: Before heading for the surgery, keep things which are commonly used within easy reach. This will help reduce movement and avoid searching (especially if someone else is going to be doing it).
Stock it up: Cooking may not be feasible during the initial postop period, and so it is advisable to stock up food items (ready to eats, fruits, soups, etc.) which will come in handy.
Slip-ons: Bending down and tying shoes may not be easy, so slip-ons can be used.
Caregiving: It is always advisable to have someone stay over with you during the initial postop days. They could help with regular household chores, cooking, etc.
After Surgery- Post surgery, there will be some pain and limitation of movement. It is important to understand that adherence to post-op instructions will improve the success rate of the surgery. Also, recovery time for spine surgery is slightly longer and affects overall quality of life, so psychological preparation is required.
Postoperative medications: These will be given to control infection and pain in the immediate postop period, and should be taken without fail
Rehab: The surgeon will recommend physical therapy and rehab exercises which need to be followed. Complete recovery may take anywhere between 3 to 12 months. During this time, care should be taken to avoid repeat injury.
Support: Adequate back support should be provided using lumbar support and ergonomic chairs, and the right posture should be maintained. Ensure there is no undue strain on the back muscles.
Weight management: With excess weight, there is too much strain on the lower disks. Therefore, weight should be managed to reduce this strain.
Smoking and alcohol should be completely stopped, as healing can be hampered.
With some preparation, spinal surgery can be sailed through smoothly.