Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Howrah. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Maumita Patra
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Ms. Maumita PatraYour feedback matters!
I want to reduce weight. I have gained lot of weight in last 4 months and have been looking to find a best solution to reduce weight. Please help me out.
Many people dread going to the toilet, all thanks to the extreme pain, bleeding (not always though), or itchiness that one experiences during the bowel movement. These are some of the discomfort and complications associated with a condition referred to as Fissure-in-Ano (also known as Anal fissures). Age or sex has no impact in triggering anal fissures as the condition can affect all and sundry (though infants are more susceptible).
Medically, anal fissures are nothing but cuts or cracks (can be chronic or acute longitudinal tears that mainly develop in the anoderm or the epithelial lining of the anal canal) that affects the anal as well as an anal canal (terminal end of the gastrointestinal tract). Without proper treatment and medication, the condition will only deteriorate further piling on the agony and discomfort.
What triggers Anal Fissures?
- In the majority of the cases, the anal fissures, (that mostly appears in the midline posteriorly of the anal canal), are triggered by Constipation or passing of hard stools that cause repeated wear and tear of the anal mucosa resulting in the cracks or fissures.
- Crohn’s Disease (an Inflammatory Bowel Disease that often results in the digestive tract getting inflamed) can play a significant role in the formation of fissures.
- Anal fissures can also result from childbirth, severe diarrhea, HIV, Tuberculosis, anal cancer, to name a few.
- Anal sex can, at times, play a pivotal role in triggering anal fissures.
A person with anal fissures complain of
- Pain and discomfort while passing stool. At times, there may be rectal bleeding as well.
- A skin tag often appears on the skin close to the fissure.
- The skin around the anus appears cracked with irritation and itching.
Ayurveda and Anal Fissures
Many patients with anal fissures, even severe and chronic cases, have been completely cured and treated (ensuring there is no recurrence of the condition) with Ayurveda.
- With constipation being a trigger for anal fissures, Ayurvedic medicines are given to soften the stool and also to treat constipation. In this regard, Triphala deserves a special mention. It works magically to provide relief from constipation and the associated discomfort that comes tagged along.
- The use of Panchakarma can also work wonders to treat anal fissures. Panchakarma involves the use of various herbal oil baths and massages to cleanse the body of the harmful toxins. Anal fissures can be treated using Basti (a part of Panchakarma therapy that eliminates the toxins present in the lower colon using an Ayurvedic enema such as milk, ghee).
- The diet should also be taken care off. Increase the intake of dietary fibers (citrus fruits, prunes, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, Brussels Sprouts, peas, to name a few).
- Make it a habit to indulge in exercise and physical activities daily.
- Increase the fluid intake (water, fresh fruit juice, vegetable soup) to keep the body hydrated.
Note: For maximum results, the dosage of the medicine (Triphala or any other Ayurvedic medicines) should be as per the doctor recommended.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!