Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Howrah. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saumik RoyYour feedback matters!
Have anybody done with wisdom teeth extraction. My 4 wisdom teeth are impacted. I saw some videos on youtube where people have great pain after extraction. I am nervous now.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Chronic ulcers in mouth& throat. After three endoscopy and even taking steroids no respite. Becoming difficult even to swallowanything even water hurts. Please advice this is for a friend
I have cavity in my wisdom tooth and now it started paining and I have consulted with dentist and he has suggested me to remove my wisdom tooth but I am little bit scared to removing it. So is it good option that we are removing our wisdom tooth?
My mouth smells in the afternoon and in the evening, eventhough I brush twice in a day. I don't know why? please give proper explanation and proper diet to take.
Hi i'm 22years, female. Last month suddenly I lost my weight, had light fever and cough too. From past five days while i'm brushing blood is coming from my mouth when I spit. I'm scared. From three days I noticed blood is coming repeatedly even sometimes while brushing I dont get blood. Can you please tel me what would be the reason? should I consult a doctor? to which specialist I had to consult?
Hi I'm a male which is the best toothpaste for me to keep me teeth strong and healthy and keep bad breath away please tel me plz.
Cavity in tooth, left lower jaw, pain at night, from cleaning teeth with water(normal cold). Which medcine i should take ?
I have yellow stains on my front teeth and doctors told me that this is fluorosis and has suggested me for composite veneering. Can you please suggest is it safe?
Various causes of sensitivity in teeth include:
1. Forceful brushing of teeth – it is the most common cause of tooth sensitivity. It causes thinning of the protective layer on our teeth that is enamel. Enamel protects our teeth against insult from food or fluids we take. Loss of enamel leads to sensitivity of teeth
• Gentle brushing of teeth
• Use soft bristle brush
• Change brush after 3- 6 months ( as the bristles wear away)
• Use little toothpaste ( toothpaste has abrasive particles which causes
wear away of enamel)
• Do brushing in up-down movement
2. Tooth decay – caries in tooth leads to tooth sensitivity. Caries remove the protective enamel layer exposing dentine layer to food and fluids. Dentine carries nerves which causes sensitivity
Remedy: Treatment involves removal of tooth decay and placement of
protective barrier on dentine that is a filling material
3. Old tooth fillings – over a period of time fillings may crack or break or get removed which leads to sensitivity.
Remedy: Change of filling in tooth
4. Exposed tooth roots- as a result of aggressive tooth brushing, gum recession and gum disease. It causes tooth sensitivity.
• Use soft bristle brush
• Visit your dentist for gum disease treatment
5. Plaque and calculus - the purpose of brushing is to remove plaque that forms after eating food. An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away. Again, your teeth can become more sensitive as they lose their enamel protection.
Remedy: The solution is to practice good daily dental care and visit your
dentist for cleanings every six months.
6. Habit of eating acidic foods -fruits like lemon, sweet lime, pickles and tomato juice contains acid which can dissolve enamel of teeth. Frequent use of acidic food causes tooth sensitivity.
7. Habit of tooth-grinding – grinding also cause tooth sensitivity due to loss of enamel.
Tooth sensitivity is treatable. You must have seen toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. However, toothpaste can only help limited no. of patient’s suffering from tooth sensitivity.
If your sensitivity is extreme and persists no matter what you do, please visit your dentist for an oral examination. Visit to dental specialist can determine the most likely cause of your tooth sensitivity and the best solution for your particular condition. I Hope this article will help you.