Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Howrah and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Jaluka
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh JalukaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from facial paralysis from yesterday. I am taking medicines. What I should avoid thing to recover from this problem quickly?
Migraine is a very common form of a headache which strikes nearly 15 % of the population. Females are more prone to migraines. Science has not been able to find the real cause behind migraine attacks and the way it treats these massive headaches is also patchy at best. A migraine occurs for a definite period of time, usually, comes with a warning and paralysing pain.
According to Ayurveda, migraine is a tri-dosha disorder. It occurs when vata or the wind element goes out of sync. Vata controls the nervous system and brain activity. Vata imbalances are linked to many diseases like joint problems, dizziness and it happens because of faulty metabolism, poor elimination, sleeplessness, etc. Pitta the fire element also has a role to play in migraines. It causes dilation of the blood vessels, which brings on a migraine attack.
Ayurvedic physicians can identify which dosha is causing a migraine. If the patient is constipated, has acute pain and has dry skin, his Vata is out of whack. If a patient has nosebleeds, is hypersensitive to light, has burning eyes and is irritable, pitta is out of balance. And if a patient has fatigue, is depressed and has a dull throbbing in the head, he is suffering a Kapha imbalance.
- Shirolepa: Application of herbal pastes to pacify pitta like sandalwood, camphor, Jatamansi.
- Shiro Dhara: Medicated oils are poured on the scalp.
- Taila dhara: Oils like ksheerabala taila, chandanadi taila are poured on scalp for calming higher vata imbalances.
- Ksheera dhara: Here cow milk is poured on the scalp to pacify pitta.
- Takra dhara: Also known as buttermilk is poured when there is obstruction to passage of vata.
- Kavala graha: Oil pulling done with oils like chandanadi taila and mahanarayana taila.
- Shirovasti: Medicated oils are retained on the scalp by wearing a leather cap.
- Sneha nasya: Oils like Anu tailam are poured into nostrils.
Apart from there therapies herbs like Kumari or Aloe vera, Amalaki or amala and Bala or Sida cardifolia are very useful as migraine cures. Several Ayurvedic medicines are also very useful in migraine-like-
- Pathyadi khada: It is used in the treatment of headaches, earaches, and migraine etc.
- Shirashooladi vajra rasa: It is used in the treatment of headache, migraine, tension headache, vascular headache etc.
- Bhoonimbadi khada: Used as a cure for fever, cold, sinusitis, headache.
- Kamadugha rasa: Used to cure all high pitta conditions.
- Godanti Bhasma: 250 mg of this medicine is also given twice a day for immediate relief from migraines.
Patients should also eat warm, nutritive foods like sesame, sweet fruits, cumin, garlic, jaggery and rice for balancing Vata. For balancing pitta, they should stay away from smoking and drinking at the very least.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!