Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Howrah and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Kumar SinghYour feedback matters!
Does oil pulling along with some diet plan help in cavity reversal? I've been reading online. Please suggest me how to get back naturally.
I am having a problem in my toung. When I am eating anything, my under toung is very paining. please tell tell me what I do.
Hi Doctor I have a pale yellow teeth however I brush it never turns white.Sometime I even have bad breath
- 2 cm long ginger root
- 4 carrots
- 3 apples
- Juice of half a lemon
Method of preparation:
Put all above mentioned ingredients in a blender and mix them well until you get homogeneous mixture. Drink the beverage in the morning, before breakfast, as soon as you have prepared it.
Ginger root helps in reducing high cholesterol and fight stomach bacteria, which are considered responsible for the creation of peptic ulcer disease. It positively affects the recovery of red flora, regulates irregular stool and relieves intense headache and migraine.
Carrot is great for the heart, teeth and gums. It protects the body and contributes in the fight against heart attack. It also improves vision, acts against cancer and makes the skin smooth and soft.
Apple helps strengthen immunity, is great for weight loss and stimulates the kidney, liver and bile. It also protects against oral cavity diseases, stimulates digestion, protects the heart and blood vessels, reduces stress, fatigue and insomnia, protects against bacteria and viruses and prevents some cancers.
Lemon lowers high blood pressure, discards toxins, reduces pain in arthritis, acts against infections, flu and also acts against oral cavity and tongue diseases. It also strengthens the immune system and inhibits the development of infections.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.