Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Howrah. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit BandyopadhayYour feedback matters!
What could be the reason behind serious back pain. Is't because of some internal organ problems. please give me your valuable suggestions because I m in serious trouble with it.
My grandmom had fever for two days now temperature in low but she is suffer extreme pain on leg joint she could barely walk and balance herself she can not walk and is sleepless I am worried.
I am 25 years old I have back pain from last 3 months I have already taken treatment from local doctor.
My dad is having cervical myelopathy, neurogenic bladder, severe constipation, are on catheter, numbness in arms and other problems. And also now they are in severe depression and tried to attempt suicide 2 times. What to do? Doctors said operate for cervical but dad fear from operate, and also mentally he can't able to think about it. They only talk about their present problems and wanna have suicide. What to do doctors? Operate is also needed fast as per doctors, but also there is depression that stopping. Please give your opinion all doctors.
I am 19 yes old from last 3 days I am unable to sleep because of pain in my legs. what should I must do?
I have back pain for over 8 days so I consult other doctor but they say its OK but day by day pain is dangerous and up so what can I do?
I am sravan having knee pain since three months I took mri doctor suggested ligament issue please suggest tablets.
I am 20 yr old boy I have back pain till years. Back and I am 6'3 ft tall and my legs have difference in lengths what should I do what are the reason?
Hi doctor, my problem is, I have pain in lower back which is neither strong nor less, I do have a sitting job for maximum hours, because of that if I walk for say half an hour I feel fluctuating numbness in my cloves area (right side), please can you suggest me tablet or cream so that I can get rid of this. Many thanks - Minhajuddin.
I am 61 years. I have lost the sense of smell and taste from past 3 months. Not able to relish food and eating without knowing hot/spicy/salty food. How can I revive my taste sensation? my left part of body has tingling numbness and pain on left upper arm. I have panic seizures when I feel cold and excessive sweating on brow and body trembles with fear. What's the allopathic or alternative cure for this malady.
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.