Doctor in Astha Pain & Sleep Cinic
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Weight Management Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Treatment of Fibromyalgia
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Gout and Pseudogout
Submit a review for Astha Pain & Sleep CinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was in so much pain due to my delay periods. Saikat Ghosh has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Saikat Ghosh and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The nurses at the Astha pain and sleep clinic were really helpful. Over the period of time the delay periods treatment has helped me a lot. It was so quite pleasant in the Astha pain and sleep clinic. Finally with hertreatment, I am completely cured from the disease. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from sugar like this. I am so thankful to Dr Saikat for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I am happy that I chose to consult him as i have noticed considerable changes in myself.
It was a bad case of difficulty sleeping. He ensures that he listens to herpatients. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Astha pain and sleep clinic is very soothing. The guidance Saikat Ghosh gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. It was amazing, the Astha pain and sleep clinicl was so nicely made. Thanks to him I am much better now.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The Astha pain and sleep clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I felt strange that I was suffering from depression. Saikat Ghosh has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. The Astha pain and sleep clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
Due to my mood disorder my daily activities were suffering. Our family physician personally recommended Dr Saikat Ghosh. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The best thing about him is that he prescribes limited no. of medicines. The staff was very attentive to my needs. And I ma quite benfitted with his treatment that I am perfectly fine now.
Dr Saikat ensures that he listens to his patients. I consulted him as I was facing heavy periods from quite sometime. I am almost my normal self post the treatment . He is really a kind doctor and treats his patients very patiently. Astha pain and sleep clinic had all the amenities, a patient requires. The friendliness of staff is the best in the clinic.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of masturbation addiction . I had lost hope, but the masturbation addiction treatment given by Dr Saikat has helped me regain my confidence. He is a very practical doctor. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
I found my health degrading day by day. I consulted Dr Saikat Ghosh, he is really a great doctor. He told me about the small issue which I was not aware of and treated them nicely. I thank him for the guidance and treatmnet he gave.
i was in search of good doctors in howrah to finish my problem of back pain. I consulted dr Saikat Ghosh at Astha pain and sleep clinic. he solved my problem to a great extent and i am still continuing the treatment.
I visited to Dr Saikat Ghosh for my cramping issue. He is very kind doctor. I really appreciate the way he treats herpatients. He is very kind hearted and he helped me resolve my cramping issue within short time.
Pretty good. The medicines prescribed work like magic.
Dear sir I am 57. I hv diabetes n I m.on tengiliptin 20 mg one in morning n in afternoon n night one glucored n ppg3. Sugars fluctuate sometimes ok sometimes abt 180. Hbaic is 7.2 For my bp I m.on losacar 25 mg since 15 years. Recently on checking found bp to be 150 /90 or 150/95. Can I take losacar 25 mg one in morning n one 25 mg again at night as I am taking. Pls advise.
Hello Doctors! Thanks for helping out the common people. My grand dad has diabetes. Post testing the his blood sugar level using the glucometer, he wanted to randomly check what my levels were. So, I got pricked by the same lancet/needle that is used to generate a blood drop. Now, I know he doesn't have any stage but I'm just worried whether I can get Diabetes from him or any other dormant infection assuming he has any!
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
- Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
- Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. High blood pressure is defined differently in different age groups. It is not always 120/80.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal body mass index of 18-25, should be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am 24 years old. I was addicted to pornography and masturbation becoz of that I am not feel anything while doing sex and erection not happened. Sometimes happen for very short time. How can I improve my sex drive.
Hi, . I am suffering from infection of H.Pylori. Test shows concentration 150. Is there any serious issues.
I am male 41 years and taking thyronorm 100 mcg from past 1 year for hypothyroid and it is normal now. But cholesterol level is not reduced which is 250, LDL 170, HDL 46 and homocysteine is 55. I used to consume alcohol weekly twice of hard liquor, Please advise.
Colon cancer is cancer that starts in the large intestine (colon). In most cases it begins as a non-malignant group of cells called polyps, which may turn cancerous over time. After the formation of the malignant tumors, the cancerous cells may spread to other parts of your body through lymph and blood channels. It can occur together with rectal cancer and is known as colorectal cancer.
Causes of Colon Cancer
The occurrence of colon cancer may depend on the presence of precancerous polyps in the colon. Adenomas polyps may turn cancerous, but are removable through colonoscopy. Hyperplastic polyps rarely become cancerous, whereas inflammatory polyps may become cancerous after the inflammation of the colon.
Other risk factors that may influence the occurrence of colon cancer are,
- Genetics: about 20% colon cancers are thought to be caused by mutation of the genes.
- Age: those over the age of 50 are more likely to develop colon cancer, though now it is also increasingly affecting younger people.
- Lifestyle: it is more likely to affect people who lead a sedentary lifestyle, smoke tobacco or are obese.
- Diet: it is more likely to affect those whose diets are high in red meats, calories, and fat while being low in fiber. Alcohol consumption may also affect its occurrence.
- Medical conditions: people who suffer from diabetes, acromegaly (growth hormone disorder) and colitis etc, may also be prone to develop colon cancer.
Warning Signs of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer generally goes undetected in the early stages. The symptoms vary with the location, spread and size of the tumor. In the earlier stages of cancer, most people experience no symptoms, but in the later stages they may experience one or more of these symptoms:
- Change in bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation or change in consistency of stools; lasting more than a month
- Blood in stool or bleeding from the rectum
- Pain during passage of stool
- Pain, cramps or gas in the abdominal region
- Frequent urges to pass stool
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Unexpected weight loss
However, these symptoms may not necessarily indicate colon cancer. They can occur in the absence of colon cancer too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.