Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Astha pain and sleep clinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was in so much pain due to my delay periods. Saikat Ghosh has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Saikat Ghosh and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The nurses at the Astha pain and sleep clinic were really helpful. Over the period of time the delay periods treatment has helped me a lot. It was so quite pleasant in the Astha pain and sleep clinic. Finally with hertreatment, I am completely cured from the disease. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions.
It was a bad case of difficulty sleeping. He ensures that he listens to herpatients. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Astha pain and sleep clinic is very soothing. The guidance Saikat Ghosh gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. It was amazing, the Astha pain and sleep clinicl was so nicely made. Thanks to him I am much better now.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The Astha pain and sleep clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I felt strange that I was suffering from depression. Saikat Ghosh has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. The Astha pain and sleep clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
i was in search of good doctors in howrah to finish my problem of back pain. I consulted dr Saikat Ghosh at Astha pain and sleep clinic. he solved my problem to a great extent and i am still continuing the treatment.
I visited to Dr Saikat Ghosh for my cramping issue. He is very kind doctor. I really appreciate the way he treats herpatients. He is very kind hearted and he helped me resolve my cramping issue within short time.
Pretty good. The medicines prescribed work like magic.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.
Frequent headaches can be uncomfortable at best, and debilitating at worst. While a chronic migraine can come with a throbbing pain on one side of the head, headaches due to tension can cause mild to moderate pain on both sides. Also, daily headaches happen in at least 15 days, Hemicrania Continua is a condition that brings about constant pain, and usually happens on one side of the head. Read on to learn more about dealing with these different kinds of headaches.
1. Medical Treatment: Inflammation, infections like meningitis and brain injuries that have been proven to be traumatic should be treated with due medication after a proper consultation with a doctor. In certain cases, headaches can be caused due to brain tumours and they must be treated at once. Also, headaches that come with fever, stiff neck, confusion and constant vomiting must be treated by a doctor immediately.
2. Take an Over the Counter Drug: Taking an over the counter drug for instant pain relief can stop the pain and give temporary or long term relief, depending on the kind of headache you are experiencing. It is advisable to speak with a doctor before taking any kind of drug.
3. Find your Triggers: Find and limit your triggers like certain food types as well as stress and certain seasonal changes. Stepping out in the summer with an umbrella and avoiding caffeine or too much of chocolate and cheese can also help in alleviating the pain. Stress is also a major factor that contributes to headaches and should be avoided in order to prevent or stop the pain.
4. Drink Plenty of Water: Staying hydrated is a good way to treat headaches instantly. The consumption of water is known to soothe the pain effectively.
5. A Soothing Break: Find a quiet place with dim lighting to take a break that should ideally last at least half an hour to one hour, or even more. This will help in diminishing and removing the pain. You can also use a cold compress and get yourself a massage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General physician.
Mild pain in right testicle after masturbation and sex often I get pain in pelvic and right lower back. Testicle Pain will increase while riding bike and passes humps. I have stones in both the kidneys and also varicocele in left testicles. I do masturbation 4 to 5 times a week. Recently I left masturbation for 10 days and pain was reduced. I had gone through scanning several times and notice stones in kidneys. Pain is because of stones or is Der any oder reason behind it please suggest me. One more thing pain is not continues. And is Der any limit for having sex like once day twice day? Will varicocele and sexually active causes fertility problem in future because am not married.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the general physician.
I am 28 suffering from chronic prostatitis. I go to urologist he give ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day for 12 weeks .he said low dose antibiotic work well. So the best results come in 12 weeks or 3 months. Is it a standard treatment. please reply.
Not able to sleep properly from last 10 days. Having no work stress or any personal issues. But still I was not able to sleep properly. Daily it was taking around to 3: 30 to 4 Am to get into sleep and waking up around 10 to 11 am. Please let me know how can I over come this issue.
I am 32 years. I have knee pain and joints pain. My vit D level is fine. What should I take to get rid of pains?
Depression can be caused because of many reasons. However, it can get worse or be triggered due to nutritional deficiency. However nutritional deficiencies and depression act in a vicious cycle. Depressed people often receive less or improper food which leads to malnutrition which again aggravate depression. Thus, both conditions should be treated simultaneously. Read further to know how:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: An Omega-3 unsaturated fat deficiency can cause depression. That shows exactly how much fish, salmon, halibut or flaxseeds and walnuts we have to expend to be at an ideal level. These basic minerals lessen aggravation and take up a basic part in our mental health, particularly memory and disposition.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is a noteworthy problem that specialists and general physicians perceive to be dangerous. This lack has been connected to depression, dementia and mental imbalance. The majority of our Vitamin D levels drop off during the fall and winter months, since daylight is the best source of vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Odds are great that you are magnesium inadequate since a lot of people are. Sugar, phosphoric acid, perpetual anxiety, anti-infection agents and diuretics contain magnesium. Magnesium is infrequently alluded to as the anxiety counteracting agent.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins like vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 have some great medical advantages, including decreased heart diseases and healthy skin and nails. Again, a vitamin B deficiency may affect your emotional wellness. Every one in four depressed or stressed woman suffers from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Folate: Individuals with a low folate level have just a seven percent reaction to treatment with antidepressants. Those with high folate levels have a reaction of 44 percent. That is the reason a lot of specialists are currently endorsing a folate called Deplin to treat dejection.
- Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein that help your mind work efficiently. An amino acid deficiency may make you feel slow, foggy, unfocused, and discouraged. Great sources of amino acids include meat, eggs, beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is truly common in women. Around 20 percent of the women and 50 percent of pregnant women are iron deficient. Just 3 percent of men are iron deficient. The most widely recognized type of side effect is the decreasing number of red platelets brought on by the lack of iron. The side effects include weakness, concentration issues and a foggy mind.
- Zinc: Zinc is used by more proteins (a person has more than 300) than some other minerals. It is important to most of the body’s systems. It also helps our stomach to determine what food items or nutrients to keep and what to dispose off.
Therefore, it is very important for a person to consume the right amount of nutrients that a human needs. Their deficiency not only causes depression, but also many other diseases and illnesses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.