Doctor in GERMAN HOMOEO CLINIC
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Constipation
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Low Sperm Count
Treatment of Low Blood Pressure
Treatment of Warts
White Discharge Treatment
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Low Sugar Levels
Skin Diseases Treatment
Submit a review for GERMAN HOMOEO CLINICYour feedback matters!
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Trichomoniasis is an infection that is caused by a parasite and is transmitted sexually. This disorder is characterized by symptoms of itching in the genitalia, smelly discharge from the vagina and pain while urinating. This disorder may also result in premature birth in case of pregnant women.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. Redness around the genitals, which may cause intense itching
2. You may experience pain during sexual intercourse and urination
3. A smelly colored vaginal discharge
4. You may experience discharge from the penis
5. A burning sensation during ejaculation and urination
6. A constant feeling of irritation in the penis
Causes behind it
The disorder is caused by a parasite known as Trichomonas vaginalis. Certain factors increase your chances of contracting this disorder; them being:
1. Engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse
2. If you have had an episode of Trichomoniasis
3. If you have been affected by STI/STDs before
4. Having multiple sex partners can certainly augment its chances
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this infection.
Avoid sexual intercourse till the time you are fully treated.
Use latex condoms inorder to avoid transfering the disease to your partner.
It also tends to cause an early rupture of the membranes in pregnant women; resulting in premature delivery.
The words 'stress and 'anxiety' are often used interchangeably, but bear different meanings in medical terms. Stress is caused by particular situations or events in one's life that makes one feel frustrated, angry, worried or even anxious. The stress response is different for each individual such that the same event can often elicit disparate responses. For example:
Public speaking excites some but terrifies others;
Pressure from deadlines increases productivity in some but renders others paralyzed;
Difficult circumstances in family or friend settings find some eager to take control and others stricken with panic;
Social situations requiring people to voice their opinions are easy and comfortable for some but stressful for others;
Changes in the work environment are welcomed by some but not by others.
Anxiety, on the other hand, is a general feeling of apprehension or fear, the source of which is not clearly defined. Anxiety disorders are a group of psychiatric conditions that cause excessive anxiety. They include:
Generalized Anxiety: Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a pattern of frequent, constant worry and anxiety over many different activities and events);
Specific Phobia: A phobia is a persistent and irrational fear of a particular type of object, animal, activity, or situation that poses little to no actual danger;
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviours that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions). Often the person carries out the behaviours to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief (not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety);
Social Phobia: Social Phobia is a persistent and irrational fear of situations that may involve scrutiny or judgment by others, such as parties and other social events.
Those suffering from anxiety disorders display such symptoms on a regular basis and thus have difficulty with daily activities and relationships. These symptoms present themselves sporadically and often without warning.
In many cases, anxiety is developed by overdue stress that is no longer linked to a specific cause.
Homeopathic Treatment for Stress and Anxiety:
Homeopaths for the last two centuries have been constantly pushing this theory of mind and physical body being deeply interconnected and about fixing the problem at a mental level that can often help the other. In homeopathy, mental symptoms of the patient are given the utmost importance. Constitutional treatment in homeopathy combines the understanding of both the psycho and the physiological profile of the patient, with the psychological profile being given more importance.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stress:
A number of homeopathic medicines are effective in treating disorders where one who has learnt the wrong way of handling or responding to stress.
Homeopathic remedies for stress - for the Classic - Type A Personality: Medicines such as Argentum Nitricum and Tarentula are very effective in controlling the accelerated behaviour of Type A people. Anxiety is very marked in such patients . Anxiety disorder is very effectively treated with homeopathy
Homeopathic remedies for stress: When Anger is the Key symptom: Stress manifests through anger in some patients .Nux Vomica and Staphysgaria are meant for the easily angered and impatient ones.
Homeopathic Medicines for stress: When grief is the cause: Ignatia and Natrum Mur where long-standing grief is a reason for stress response.
Homeopathic remedies for stress: for those who are 'Overworked': Kali phos is for a good individual who over-stretches himself physically and mentally. It is great homeopathic remedy for those have 'burnt out' their minds for over work.
How to Know If You're in Love?
A Valentine’s Day brings with it basket full of love that lasts a week and it’s time to find and express love. Falling in love is one of the best, most rewarding feelings in the world! Some of us have had the opportunity of falling in love, while others have misunderstood infatuation for love. Everyone has their own definitions of what love is and what they want it to be. However, here are a few things that will make sure you know you’re in love with someone and you don’t just have a huge crush on him/her.
1. He/she is the best part of your day
If you look forward to seeing your special person because he/she is the best part of your day; it is probably love! He/she is the first person you want to share your news with whether it is good or bad.
2. You love their imperfections
You accept that person for who he/she truly is. The smallest of imperfections don’t upset you. In fact, these imperfections make you love them even more. You look at their imperfections as the tiny things that make them unique.
3. You become a better person
He/she truly brings out the best in you. They help you deal with your negative qualities and highlight your positives. They make you a better human being just by being there with you through it all.
4. He/she is your best friend
The bond you two share is not just a normal girlfriend-boyfriend bond. Over time you’ll become best friends, partners in crime. Parties seem boring without him/her by your side, coming home becomes a lot more fun because you get to come home to him/her. You can share anything, even your deepest, darkest, most embarrassing secrets with him/her.
5. You think long term
You find it hard to imagine your future without him/her in it and you’ll do anything to make sure things between the two of you work. You understand the importance of having him/her in your life and you’re completely willing to give up on temporary satisfactions that might ruin your future with your special person.
There are tons of other ways for you to know you’re really in love with someone. When people say, “it is the little things that count”, it is these little things that they mean.
By the time a woman is 20 years of age, monthly periods become a part of her routine normal life. Most women are well-equipped to handle it without their normal life (personal or professional) getting affected. They know it is “that time of the month” and are prepared mentally and physically. However, some women find it difficult to do it, as they could be suffering from menstrual problems including irregular periods and uterine bleeding. Most often, the bleeding is abnormal and dysfunctional, when most women are not able to identify a set pattern to it.
The list below identifies the most common forms of abnormal or dysfunctional uterine bleeding:
- A normal menstrual cycle occurs with a gap of anywhere from 21 to 35 days. Anything shorter than 21 days or longer than 35 days is defined as irregular period
- Complete lack of period for up to 3 to 5 months is termed as amenorrhea
- Bleeding that is heavier or lasts longer than usual, and occurs before the due date for that month’s period
- Scanty bleeding between periods
- Spotting or bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Spotting or bleeding even after menopause
Causes: The most common causes of abnormal uterine bleeding are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalances can cause absence of period, increased frequency and amount of bleeding
- Miscarriage, bleeding is often the first sign of miscarriage
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Cervical or uterine infections
- Uterine fibroids
- Cancers of the reproductive tract
- Polycystic ovaries
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Problems with blood clotting
Diagnosis: Menstrual problems are very common; however, most women tend to shy away from talking about it and do not come out in the open. When talking to a doctor, a detailed family history, menstrual history, and physical examination are done to come to a diagnosis. Additional diagnosis can also be done by ultrasound, hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy.
Treatment: Identifying the problem helps in initiating the right treatment. A combination of the below is usually used in most women.
- Hormonal therapy is based on the underlying condition, and the type and dosage is determined based on it. It could be in the form of tablets, injections, vaginal applications, or released through an intrauterine device.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen are useful in reducing bleeding and controlling cramps during excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Antibiotics may be useful if there is infection of the pelvic organs
- Polyps, cysts, and cancers can be removed surgically and cancer should be ruled out
- Endometrial ablation where the endometrial tissue is treated with heat can be used to control bleeding permanently.
- Hysterectomy is the last resort where other forms of treatment fail.
The human circulatory system is a highly complex and well-orchestrated system designed with two sets of channels. The arteries are a chain of vessels which carry oxygenated blood to all parts of the body from the heart. The venous system, on the other hand, carries impure or deoxygenated blood from each of the end organs to the heart. These start from minute branches in the distant parts of the body and gradually grow in size until they reach the heart.
These two channels do not interact unless either created artificially or in disease conditions. Naturally, these could be due to developmental anomalies or as a result of an aneurysm and would require a surgical correction. The AV fistula is, however, commonly created naturally in people who have to undergo hemodialysis.
Why an AV fistula: Generally, an artery in the forearm is sewn into a vein in the forearm. This AV fistula may take about 4 months to heal or mature, and a needle is then inserted into the vein during dialysis. When an AV fistula is created, there is a decrease in the peripheral resistance as the blood does not have to exert as much pressure as before, and there is an easy movement of blood into the veins.
How to care for it:
- There could be initial limitations on the amount of weight that can be lifted
- Keep the dressing in place for 1 to 2 days
- Do not sleep on the fistula arm
- Do not wear jewellery on the arm
- Always wash hands before touching the access
- Avoid lifting heavy objects using the hand
- Avoiding damage to the arm like cuts or bruises
- Regular checking for the pulse or thrill in the arm
- Monitoring for signs of infection (redness, blood clots, swelling, pus formation, etc.)
- Uses the body’s own blood vessels, no artificial material (as in catheter for instance)
- Reduced chances of clotting
- It provides good blood flow for dialysis
- Is more effective than other types of access (graft or catheter)
- Lesser complications compared to other access types
- Is done on an outpatient basis and are less expensive
- Usually last longer than other access methods
- Longer maturity time (sometimes up to 4 months), so are not available for ready use
- Stenosis or narrowing of the vessels is common, sometimes leading to blood clots.
- If they fail to mature, a fresh fistula may need to be created
- Usually created on the forearm, so are quite visible
Have you undergone a thyroid removal surgery recently or planning to go for one, then you should know some important things that should be kept in mind. After undergoing the surgery, it is essential that you should allow your body some time to recover. Your health care provider will educate you regarding the activities and exercises that can help in recovering from the surgery faster. It is worthy of mention here that the recovery process is dependent on the extent and type of surgery you have undergone. It would generally take a longer time to recover from traditional surgery than minimally invasive procedure.
What to do right after the surgery?
In the days following the surgery, you are required to take care of the incision area. You may or not be allowed to take a bath depending on the dressing on the wound. You are likely to experience slight swelling around the scar. Even though this is normal, you should report to your doctor without further delay. The scar may start feeling hard three weeks after the surgery, and you may apply an unscented moisturizer to prevent dryness while healing.
When to start daily activities after the thyroid gland removal surgery?
You are free to resume most of the normal activities the day following the surgery. But you should wait for at least 10 days or until your doctor allows you to engage in physically strenuous activities. Your throat is likely to feel sore for a couple of days. You can also take an over-the-counter pain medicine like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relieving soreness. In case these drugs are not offering desired relief, your doctor may prescribe you to take narcotic pain medicine. It is a common outcome of the thyroid removal surgery to develop hypothyroidism. In case this happens to you, your doctor may recommend you to take some form of levothyroxine for bringing down the hormone levels.
Is there any physical restriction after the thyroid removal surgery?
Most surgeons recommend that patients should limit all sorts of physically strenuous works after the thyroid removal surgery. This is recommended for reducing the risk of postoperative neck hematoma and breaking open of the wound closure. These limitations are temporary and brief and are generally followed by a quick transition to unrestricted activity. You are free to take part in heavy lifting or swimming or other exercises two to three weeks after the surgery.
Is it possible to lead a normal life after the thyroid removal surgery?
Once you have recovered from the effects of thyroid surgery, you can do anything you feel like. Post-surgery your thyroid levels will be monitored through regular follow-ups. If the surgery were carried out for thyroid cancer, your doctor would also check for recurrence of cancer during your visits. It is essential to stick to this schedule and report if you notice any suspicious changes or experience discomfort so that proper care can be given and you can lead a normal life.
Alchol can it affect your intimacy level with your partner, yes! But with this you might be wondering how can that be possible when you actually sustain yourself for long, maybe longer than you should be. It is probably the “whiskey penis”. Alcohol may give you a sense of elation at one point of time, but it is essentially a nervous depressant. The over consumption of alcohol mainly has a reduced effect on sensitivity for both men and women.
How alcohol affects sex life in men: The effect of alcohol on the sex life of men is immense. In most cases, chronic and acute cases of alcohol consumption have shown to reduce the production of testosterone in men. Since testosterone is the hormone that results in the increase in libido in men, the effects of alcohol really reduce the performance in men. It has shown to reduce pleasurability and it can also reduce the intensity of orgasms. Sometimes, it can cause difficulty in ejaculation or delayed ejaculation.
How alcohol affects sex life in women: Alcohol can have a very mixed effect on women in general. While it can increase sexual arousal and desire, it can also result in low sensitivity. Women have a higher percentage of fat as compared to water in their bodies, this means that alcohol has a more profound effect on their bodies as compared to that in men. Their bodies also take longer to process and eliminate the alcohol. While some women report a heightened sense of sexual arousal and an increase in the duration of the orgasm, a large number of women also complain of lesser lubrication.
Alcohol also has a psychological effect; that is the loss of inhibition that may help in developing carnal instincts when intoxicated. This psychological effect may have a more profound effect than the physiological effects as a result of which women might claim that alcohol does indeed help in better sex.
Answer - B: False
Hypothyroidism is the condition where the thyroid gland secretes hormones less than required normally. The condition is caused by a shortage of the trace element iodine in the daily diet.
2. Hypothyroidism causes goiter.
Answer - A: True
Goiter is a swelling of the thyroid gland that forms a large lump in the throat. Hypothyroidism is the principal cause of goiter formation.
3. Which of the following are symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- Hair loss
- Being easily fatigued
- Feeling cold all the time
- All of the above
Answer - D: All of the above
The thyroid gland has an important role to play in a number of bodily activities, and reduced activity of it causes a number of physical problems. Inability to tolerate cold and feeling cold all the time is one of the most visible symptoms of hypothyroidism. It also has other symptoms including excessive fatigue and hair loss.
4. Hypothyroidism is more common in females How does it affect the female reproductive system?
- Irregular and heavy menstruation
- Stoppage of menstruation
- Both of these
- None of these
Answer - C: Both of these
Hypothyroidism has a very significant effect on the menstrual cycle. It changes the rate of menstruation, causing irregular periods with heavy bleeding. Hypothyroidism may also stop menstruation completely. These reduce chances of pregnancy.
5. Hypothyroidism is the commonest type of thyroid gland disorder.
Answer - A: True
Hypothyroidism is a disorder of the thyroid gland where reduced amount of the hormone thyroxin is secreted by it. Among the disorders of the thyroid gland, hypothyroidism is the most common worldwide.
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases.