Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Patel
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Mania
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas PatelYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. Sandesh Hospital had all the amenities, a patient requires. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and Vikas Patel still takes my call in case of any emergency. I feel strange that I am suffering from neurological problemsOne of my colleague referred Vikas Patel. Vikas Patel has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Sandesh Hospital. I was suffering from neurological problems for such a long time.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from delusion. I feel strange that I was suffering from it. I was having therproblem since long. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff at Sandesh Hospital in Ludhiana was very pleasant. Vikas Patel has expert knowledge in the field. One of my colleague referred Vikas Patel. I am so thankful that Vikas Patel has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Initially the problem of ocd were not that severe but then it became worse. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Dr Vikas Patel is the reason. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Sandesh Hospital. He is very patient with all his patients. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met him Whatever tests he prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition.
dr Vikas Patel Has stuck by me throughout and worked with me on all of my health problems related to my treatment of alcohol addiction.I always hear people saying they can't get an appointment to their doctors for a week , where I have never waited more than a next day appointment and then that is rare. The clinic Sandesh Hospital in Delhi has friendly staff and always answer the phones , when I have some query.
My father was suffering from Schizophrenia due to which the whole family was very tensed. We consulted many doctors but nothing worked. One of my friends referred Dr Vikas Patel, he is really like god send person. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Though, it took time for the recovery but still, my father is perfectly fine now.
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are very helpful. m suffering ocd from years now...guess from my 8th standard like counting feeling insecured of vaeious diseases ...doubts negativite thoughts ..nd sometimes the people whom i dont wana remember keep coming on my mind..and aslo feeling guit of something i dont wana do...
It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Vikas Patel and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. I was in so much pain due to my depression. Everything was just spick and span in the Sandesh Hospital. Vikas Patel is really like god send person.
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are caring, professional, helped me improve my health, saved my life and very helpful. Really great psychiatrist you must consult with he guided me at every step he understand things..Thank you Doc!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Patel to be very helpful. Sir i also feel like fear among mplore people due to this i
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Patel to be inspiring. Inspired mee
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Patel to be very helpful. Tq sir
Chakrapani Rao Tadimeti
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are caring. Thanks for the response
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are very helpful. Thq u soo much
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks doctor
Dr. Vikas Patel provides answers that are very helpful. Good
He is such a nice doctor, in depth knowledge of epilepsy.
Very good I'm happy from consultant he's a nice person
My mother is a bipolar disorder patient. She has been prescribed Oleanz Plus for her mood disorder. She is also Diabetic and has had CABG surgery in 2007. Is the medicine Oleanz plus safe for her?
My brother is suffering from schizophrenia. He is under treatment since last 3 years. Now he is complaining of weakness and he want to discontinue tablets saying that these are not needed for me. Last year also he discontinued for 3 months and disease was relapsed then again he restarted treatment. My question is what we should do, treatment is going long and long and he don't want to take saying that I'm ok. 80% of the symptoms are gone. Answer me. Thanking you.
Njan 24 year old .i have already suffered depression and mania. I changed my doctor .and he suggest a new medicine. Dival grass 500 and Quantanex se 100. So idont know which mental illness I have. Bipolar or schizophrenia. P.
Hi. I read somewhere that medicine of depression and anxiety causes sexual dysfunction? I am already having anxiety depression and sexual issues. What if I start medicine for depression and anxiety .will it worsen my sexual problems? please help. Have all this issues from 7-9 years. I am just 24.
I was on self medication of sertraline 25 mg twice daily. I am taking this medication from last 6 years with 75% expected normal achievement, very less side effects like uneasiness at liver site sometimes and want to achieve more important, I changed my medication to 5 mg Escitalopram twice daily, instead of sertraline dose mentioned above, from last 10 days. Feeling almost the same or little better and side effects of liver side uneasiness has also improved. My query is which is the better medication for long term use, I'm planning to go with the new one.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
An event or an accident that leaves us overwhelmed can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also known as PTSD. A particularly stressful situation or event that has created terror or been overly dramatic or dangerous can lead to stress and anxiety long after the individual has physically come out of the situation. This kind of a traumatic condition is usually what characterises PTSD. This condition is something that is persistent, and can linger on for a long time, calling for medical supervision and care. Here's a list of things you need to know about PTSD.
- Duration: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder usually lasts up to six months. Yet, there are cases where it lingers on and requires treatment for some particular types of symptoms or behavioural changes. Usually, the patient's behaviour is a result of one or more of the symptoms discussed below.
- Re-experiencing Symptoms: These symptoms include flashbacks and life like re-imagination in the form of dreams and nightmares. In many cases, the patient may remember and re-experience the entire scene or series of events that have led to the trauma in the first place. This can be triggered by a memory or association with words, events and other such things that have to do with the memory of the traumatic episode.
- Avoidance Symptoms: A traumatised patient may go out of his or her way to avoid things that are remotely close to the traumatic incident. They may fear a reoccurrence or a reminder of the event and may avoid addressing the trauma altogether. Patients suffering from this symptom may have created a mental block, and may not be able to remember the exact details of the event. They may also feel emotions like fear, guilt, depression and even worry, over the past incident which led to the trauma in the first place.
- Arousal Symptoms: Arousal or reactivity symptoms may trigger the same reactions that the person showed during the traumatic experience. These may include being on edge constantly in anticipation of a reoccurrence, or even getting startled by the slightest thing since the mind is already occupied with thoughts of the event, constantly. Anger and emotional outbursts may also be caused due to these symptoms.
- Mood Symptoms: Mood swings are the most common outcome of these symptoms. The patient may experience a complete lack of enthusiasm and drive to indulge in activities like hobbies and socialising. Also, the patient may end up harbouring feelings of negativity towards family, friends and strangers, besides going through phases of guilt and self blame for the occurrence of the traumatic event.
PTSD can be a debilitating disorder in the emotional sense, and should be treated by a psychiatrist in case it lingers on for more than six months. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!