Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hooghly and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay DuttaYour feedback matters!
I have knee painting problem. Tried A lot of medicines but not working. What should I do to get out of this problem?
I prepared for jobs. Every morning paining my back bone still am standing. After i am wake up pain will relief. Already I went so many hospitals. scanning normal.
My friend is 21 years old female with a 2 years old child. Recently she is diagnosed with astrocytoma grade tumor in her spinal cord. Her left leg has become numb, almost paralyzed. Please suggest the best treatment for her.
Hello sir from morning wake up whole day I am feeling very tired and and lazy and now skins color is also getting back and all body joints pain I dint know why? And my stomach is also not getting clear in toilet Will you help me for good treatment (I am just 24)
My husband was operated for tumer in spinal cord, and after a fall in bathroom he is bedridden since june2007. Can he recover?
My mother had been suffered from chikungunya but still she have severe joint pain particularly in feet and some time swelling also appears on hand & foot.
Dear Sir, We are suffering muscle pain from Knee to Ankle along with bone. Please suggest us what we can do to get the pain relief.
I am diabetic from past 5 years. Age 53 years. My left knee gives me pain. First it was after long city driving, now it is while driving. Please suggest how I am affected and remedy.
I often have pain in my hands. While writing for a long time. And It gives me so much irresistible pain. Suggest any remedy. Please.
Hello My age is 24 years and I am having knee pain from some days. What can be the reason of it. I want to get ride from this pain.
I am 36 years old. I feel a scram type muscle pain on left back side just bottom the last rib. If you have any photo, I can point the position. I am suffering from the pain last few years but it takes minimum time. Then I pressed my left hand on that position.
Sir my problem is shoulder pain. From 5 day shoulder paining very much .plz advise me to what medicine I take.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.