Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My boss referred me this Sunil Soni. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Sunil Soni has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Due to my gynecomastia i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. During the complete gynaecomastia program he always supported and motivated me. Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Sunil Soni has treated my completely. Sunil Soni guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
Even after my hairloss treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Sunil Soni has treated my completely. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from hair loss like this. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. A friend of mine referred to Sunil Soni. It was so quite pleasant in the Soni Burn & Plastic Surgery Hospital. I am so happy that I chose Dr Sunil Soni for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
I had a big scar on my face which I wanted to remove. I chose to visit Soni burn surgery hospital where I met Dr Sunil. He helped me with this problem. The scar revision traetment he provided was quite beneficial for me. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients. I am quite benefitted with this treatment. The overall atmosphere in the Soni Plastic Surgery Hospital is very soothing.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Sunil Soni as I was looking for male breast treatment.. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The best thing about Dr Sunil is that The overall atmosphere in the Soni Burn & he treats his pateints very patiently . And his treatments are really effective and quick. Surgery Hospital is very soothing.
I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Sunil Soni for my Nose reshaping. Everything was just spick and span in the Soni Hospital. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.
I had a big scar on myu hand which I wanted to remove. I tried many oitments and applied many medicines but nothing worked. Finally I chose to consult Dr Sunil . THe scar revision treatment given by him was quit beneficial. I owe him a big thank for this.HIs treatment and advice really worked.
Dr. Sunil Soni provides answers that are very helpful. Please suggest me for good moisturizer and sunscreen for y Skin tone, i have very dark skin body ad hands, i have acne & i getting treamtent for that from last 3 months
He is a nice doctor.
Does the pink skin after burn scab falls, return to normal skin tone? Burned my face with apple cider vinegar: I used apple cider vinegar on my face for 2 hours. It burned the skin and it turned dark brown. In 4-5 days the burned skin (scab) came off. But now there is a pinkish-whitish skin on my face. Will it scar permanently? Pls help me so I could remove it. It has been a week since the scab came off. I'm a female, Indian skin. (The scar is pea-sized) I'm applying aloe vera gel. Should I continue applying? Also, should I use honey on the pinkish-white skin? Does it help from scarring? Can soframycin be applied? How much time will it take to come back to my normal skin colour? Will it scar? I'm worried Pls help so I could remove it without any scars.
In today’s world, females have the advanced technique of shaping up their breast. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. There are breast reduction surgeries that can work wonder in reducing the size of the breast. The reduction of the breast does not only give you a beautiful appearance but also uplifts your confidence.
When to Go For Breast Reduction
You can consider breast reduction if your breasts are too large for your body. Large breasts can also cause neck, back or shoulder pain. You can also go for surgery if one of the breasts is large and the other one is smaller.
Pros of breast reduction
- Your breasts will be in proper shape and will look firm.
- You will get rid of the neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- You can wear anything and look good.
Cons of breast reduction
- The surgery could lead to decreased sensation in some portions.
- The breasts might look uneven after surgery.
- You could develop problems while breastfeeding may be a problem.
Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe. Gone are the days, when you would sit back home and blame nature for your shaggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery to come to your rescue. Breast augment can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplifts its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
- In the crease under breast
- Underarm (axillary)
- Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple. Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are however pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take pain killers, as advised by the surgeon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Are you bored of how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like Laser Resurfacing. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of the skin. It can improve the skin on the face, neck or hands. It is an effective method of reversing the damages that have been caused due to sun exposure, raging and unhealthy lifestyles. It can be ablative or non-ablative. In the ablative technique, rapid pulses of light, which have high intensity, are used for removing the layers the have been damaged by sun rays. Non-ablative lasers are usually non-wounding in nature. In this method, collagen growth is activated and catalysed. This gives a tight look to the skin.
When to Go For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
There are certain conditions that need to be considered prior to taking up this method. Here are some of the conditions listed below:
- When you find your skin to be sun-damaged and there are wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, it is a good idea to go for this treatment.
- You can go for this treatment if you have experienced certain irregular changes in the colour of the skin. There could be blotchiness or brown spots even.
- You can opt this if your skin’s beauty is getting marred by scars. The scars can make your skin surface look uneven and rough.
- This is useful to get rid of precancerous skin growths.
Well, every beautifying technique has some advantages and unavoidable disadvantages. One must consider all the aspects involved in the process before deciding to opt for it. Here are the pros and cons of the process:
- It helps in smoothing and tightening of the skin.
- It can leave you with long-lasting improvements in the present quality and texture of your skin.
- It can also be useful in getting rid of facial hairs and hairs on the neck, chest and hands.
- It can lead to scarring and pigment changes.
- It can escalate skin disorders. It can also aggravate allergic reactions or cold sores
- The process is not effective for wrinkles. It is quite natural that the wrinkles caused by movement of the facial muscles will have a tendency to reappear.
These are some of the most important aspects of this treatment. But, you must consult your dermatologist or surgeon before deciding to go for this surgery. He or she will tell you what suits you the best. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
The skin is the most visible part of the human body, and acne is one of the most common skin problems. In addition to being a cosmetic issue, it also dampens a person’s image and confidence levels. The issue is more complicated given the age group it affects – teenagers and young adolescents who are always keen on looking their best.
During the pustular stage, there is a lot of itching, burning, and pain. As they dry and fall off, there are marks which sometimes take forever to disappear. Recent cosmetic advancements have successfully used the laser to get rid of these marks, almost completely.
Laser in Acne:
- Laser works in controlling acne in more than one way.
- During laser treatment session, a beam of light is applied on the acne-affected area. This helps in removing the acne scar without damaging the surrounding tissue. The beam of light is highly focused on only the scar tissue.
- The increased number of cells which are left behind after acne are killed by the laser beam, thereby lightening the skin and reducing the scars.
- The bacteria that are present in the acne are killed when a beam of the laser is applied. This reduces the number of bacteria present in it, thereby reducing the severity of acne.
- The laser beam also reduces excessive sebum production, thereby reducing the incidence of acne. Excessive sebum is directly related to the severity of acne.
- Laser is used in all kinds of acne – papules, pustules, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and nodules.
- While the exact treatment plan will be determined based on skin type and intensity of the scars, most treatment plans would include about 3 sessions.
What to expect:
- Set realistic expectations and understand possible risks and complications. A detailed discussion of going for laser session is essential with the doctor. Clarify if you are a good candidate for laser.
- Sunbathing, waxing, collagen injections are to be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Chemicals like deodorants and perfumes are to be avoided in the proposed area of laser
- Tell your doctor about any medications or supplements that you are on. While some may be stopped, others may need dose adjustments.
- Immediately after the laser session, the skin would appear red for about 4 to 8 hours.
- The skin might feel itchy and prickly and even be swollen mildly
- Apply cool packs or moist cloths to reduce this itching
- Use copious amounts of moisturiser at least twice daily
- Avoid makeup until the redness and itching have subsided.
Most men, about 60%, see some development of breast tissue in their lifetime. This growth could be round, symmetrical and occurs bilaterally. This growth of breast tissue in males is medically known as gynecomastia.
- The most common cause is an imbalance between the oestrogen and androgens, with excessive oestrogens leading to the growth of breast tissue.
- Excessive use of anabolic steroids
- Unknown reasons
It can affect men of all ages, and if this presents as a serious problem, then surgery is the most definitive form of treatment.
Surgical options: There are two major options available for correcting gynecomastia – liposuction and excisive surgery.
- Done either under local sedation or under general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the tissue proliferation
- A small incision is made either in the armpit or around the areola
- Excessive fat tissue and breast gland tissue are suctioned out
- The chest contour also is altered at the same time, if desirable
- Post-surgery, the person is made to wear a compression garment for the first few days
- This helps in keeping the tissue in place and also helps reduce swelling
- Healing takes about a couple of weeks’ time, depending on the person’s overall health status and the extent of surgery.
- This is done when the extent of gynecomastia is more severe
- These people would have sagging, stretched skin around the breast area
- More amount of fat and glandular tissue can be removed through excision
- This is more often done under general anaesthesia
- The incision is often done around the areala (dark portion around the nipple) so it is concealed or along the natural creases which are formed due to excessive breast tissue
- Excessive breast tissue is removed and the incisions are closed
- There could be swelling, pain, bruising and higher chances of post-surgical infections
- Recovery will take about ten days to two weeks
- Refraining from exercise is often advised for up to 2 weeks
- Restore a masculine appearance
- Shorter surgery
- Faster recovery
- Minimal or invisible scars
- Almost immediate results that can be dramatic
- Improved confidence and self-image
After the surgery:
- Surgery is definitely a sure way to remove the male breast tissue, it is almost a permanent treatment for this condition.
- It is very important to get a trained, experienced surgeon for the procedure
- It is important to follow post-op instructions including pain management, infection control, and recovery
- If it was caused by use of steroids or obesity, lifestyle modification is essential to prevent recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
In the modern times, hair removal has become very common. Most people get a hair removal done for fashion reasons, although hair removal is extremely hygienic as well. The common hair removal methods are waxing, shaving or tweezing. The latest and the most effective hair removal method is laser hair removal.
- Lasers are extremely useful to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body like the face, the legs, the arms, the underarms, the bikini line, and any other area. Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can focus on a particular portion of the skin leaving the surrounding areas. It can also remove coarse hair without affecting the skin in the area.
- It is a very fast method as each laser pulse takes just a fraction of a second. An upper lip laser hair removal takes about a minute whereas laser hair removal of the back can take almost an hour.
- Laser hair removals are mostly permanent after a series of minimum 3 sittings.
What to do before Treatment?
Laser hair removal is just not a method to remove hair, it is a complete treatment. Make sure the person who will conduct the treatment on you is a professional technician or a doctor.
If you are getting a laser hair removal, abstain from waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least six weeks before going through the treatment. Also try to avoid the Sun as that can create certain complications.
What to expect from Treatment?
Before your unwanted hair is removed with laser, it will be trimmed to just a few millimeters right above the skin. The equipment of the laser treatment will adjust to the colour, the thickness, as well as the location of the unwanted hair being treated, along with the skin colour. The technician and you will need to wear eye protection, according to which laser will be used. Your outer skin will also be requiring a coolant gel or device before the treatment takes place.
After the treatment is done you will be provided with ice packs and anti-inflammatory lotions to relieve the discomfort. Schedule your next sitting after at least six weeks. You will have to keep going for more sittings until hair stops growing.
You might look sunburned after the treatment. Moisturizing will help ease the burnt feeling. Use sunscreen to prevent any colour change of your skin. Some other side effects can be blistering (which is usually very rare), swelling, scarring, or redness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Are you bored with how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like chemical peels. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical solution is put on the skin. It causes the skin to exfoliate and later beef off. The new skin looks smooth and it is free from wrinkles. The new skin is more sensitive to the sun on a temporary basis. There are three types of chemical peel:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: In this technique, alpha-hydroxy acid or some mild acid is made to penetrate into the outer layer of skin. This exfoliates the skin. It helps to deal with mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is put on the skin so as to penetrate the middle layers of skin. It removes damaged skin cells. The treatment is used for improving age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layer of the skin. It will help in removing moderate lines, and shallow scars.
What must be done before considering a chemical peel?
It is always advisable to consult a dermatologist first before taking up the decision to try a chemical peel.
What are the skin flaws that can be treated by chemical peels?
Chemical peels are used for treating a number of skin problems, including the following ones:
Who should not take up a chemical peel?
It is generally believed that light-haired and fair-skinned people can go for chemical peels. It doesn’t go well with dark-skinned patients. It is also not recommended for people living with some infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.