Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rishi Thukral
Treatment of Gynecomastia
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Treatment of Pilonidal Sinus
Hernia Repair Surgery
Joint Pain Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment of Fistula in Ano
Submit a review for Dr. Rishi ThukralYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am 21 year old belongs to bhopal. I am a male. I have a problem with my mouth. Its giving smell badly when I talk to other. My friend always complain me for this smell so what should I do for removing this type of smells please give me some advice.
When ever I go on an assignment with so much enthusiasm and work very hard and dedicated so how or rather when the result is not fruitful I feel so depressed . I'm a male 55 years father of 2 sons. How should I face it?
How to remove pimple from face, also oil from face and dark circle below eye to look beautiful and smart.
How to prepare for an appendectomy
Appendectomy is the medical term for the surgery that is performed to remove the inflamed appendix (a condition that is known as appendicitis). This surgical treatment is mostly performed on an emergency basis.
But before you move on to know how to prepare for the surgery, it's important why it is important to get a surgery for appendicitis done?
What exactly is appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a medical condition in which the appendix (that is the worm-shaped projection which arises out of the beginning of the colon) gets inflamed.
The major cause of appendicitis is that the tissues of the appendix become infected with bacterial action that results in the formation of pus in the lumen (opening) of the appendix. Factors that can trigger bacterial infection are a hard stool, attack by a foreign body, and accumulation of thick mucus in the appendix tissues among others.
Appendicitis results in aching and acute pain in the abdominal region of the affected person. In many people, it is accompanied by complications like vomiting, nausea, fever, loss of appetite, constipation, abdominal swelling etc. In more severe cases, it is accompanied by diarrhoea.
Appendicitis usually requires an emergency surgery. However, there are some things you need to do before going for the surgery.
Preparations to undertake before surgery
In most cases, appendectomy is an emergency surgery so there are hardly any preparations that a patient can make. The most common preparatory measure that your surgeon may prescribe includes not eating anything up till a few hours before the surgery. Apart from that, certain medications may be prescribed to eliminate or at best reduce the symptoms of nausea and vomiting. There are no other preparations as such that you can undertake before appendectomy.
The recovery time is subjective as it depends on the type of procedure used for the surgery, the type of anaesthesia and the various complications associated with your condition. In general cases, the patients can recover within 12 hours of the surgery. However, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for a person to resume a normal lifestyle after an appendectomy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 years old male and have black spots as well as pimples on my back and shoulders. I used nothing for this. What should I do?
I have a hair loss all the time, I used so much hair oils but I cant get the hairfall problem less, please help me regarding this.
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)