Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ranebennur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan HandeYour feedback matters!
I am having menstrual problem, my age is 30. Starting cycle onwards I am having irregular periods I am not having thyroid, scan report is normal, when I got meprate only my periods will start. What I can do for my regular periods. Please explain me.
Fibroid size of uterus is non-harmful till what size, my sis is 10cm, not willing for surgery, is it an emergency.?
Is ssg or hsg test is painful? Doctor has recommend for ssg test. I am very anxious about that. I am trying to conceive for 6 months but there is no result yet. My periods are regular . All medical tests and husband's semen test is okk. Is any kind of anesthesia is done for this test. ?
The use of herbs to lower high blood pressure has been in practice for thousands of years, due to the diverse range of effects that herbal remedies can have High blood pressure is of two types – primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. There is no clear cause for primary hypertension, although it tends to occur more often as we age, and can be exacerbated by certain factors, such as a poor diet, smoking or a sedentary lifestyle. Secondary hypertension, on the other hand, can result in a more rapid and intense elevation of your blood pressure, but this has been linked to certain drugs and medical conditions, including kidney and thyroid issues, drug and alcohol abuse, birth control pills, obstructive sleep apnea, certain decongestants and pain relievers, among others.
High blood pressure is a serious health concern that should be mitigated or addressed in the right way. That extra tension or stress on your arteries and blood vessels can cause breakdown in these tissues, raising your risk of cardiovascular diseases and other complications. While lifestyle and dietary changes are highly recommended, there are also a number of herbal remedies that can reduce high blood pressure, thanks to their anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, sedative and antioxidant properties.
Herbs for high blood pressure - how to use them
Some of the best herbs to control high blood pressure include ginkgo biloba, hawthorn, green tea, basil and turmeric, among others.
As an ancient chinese remedy, hawthorn has been known as an anti-inflammatory and cardio-protective herb for generations. It is able to improve circulation, reduce blood pressure, and lower your risk of blood clots, all of which can increase energy levels and prevent heart attacks and strokes.
How to use – hawthorn is most popularly used in a tea form, although there are tablets and capsules available that can be purchased from herbalists and health food stores.
2. Green tea
Packed with antioxidants like epigallocatechins and phenolic compounds, green tea is an excellent anti-inflammatory substance and can help heal any damage that hypertension causes. Research shows that regular green tea consumption can lower your risk of hypertension by nearly 50%.
How to use – green tea is most commonly consumed as a tea, as the name implies, but green tea extract has also become quite popular in recent years. For effective reults, drink just 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
This popular asian spice has been studied extensively in relation to hypertension and it has been found that regular use of cardamom can lower base blood pressure levels and reduce your risk of cardiovascular complications. The spice is also linked to lower levels of stress and depression, which can also be a factor behind hypertension.
How to use – after you crack open the cardamom pods, grind the seeds down to a powder and then add it to beverages, sweet or savory foods for a flavorful and healthy boost in your meal.
With significant levels of ursolic acid and eugenol, basil is able to reduce symptoms of hypertension and promote calmness through the body and mind, making it one of the best herbs for high blood pressure.
How to use -fresh basil is very popular although the extract can also be used for a more concentrated dose of herbal benefits. Simply add the fresh basil leaves to soups, stews and pastas, as the flavor is exceptional.
As one of the most antioxidant-rich herbs you can add to your diet, the active ingredients in garlic can remove plaque from your artery walls, lower blood pressure levels, reduce overall cholesterol and generally strengthen your entire cardiovascular system.
How to use – this potent herb can be added to soups, stews, pastas, stir fries, pressed to form garlic juice, or even eaten raw, as some people prefer. Garlic extract is also available in most health food stores.
Famed in indian cuisine and widely used in curries around the world, turmeric has an active ingredient – curcumin, which has countless effects on the body. This includes inhibiting angiotensin receptors in the vascular system, preventing blood vessels and arteries from tightening up, thus relieving strain on the heart.
How to use – this flavorful spice can be added to almost any savory dish but also blended into smoothies and shakes, sprinkled on eggs or roasted vegetables, or even brewed into a potent tea.
7. Cat’s claw
This slightly unusual herb has been in use for thousands of years and is directly linked to lowering blood pressure, as it can affect the calcium channels in the body, which regulatewater balance and help minimize symptoms of hypertension.
How to use – root and bark extracts of cat’s claw are usually available in capsule or tablet form from herbalists and health food stores.
8. Ginkgo biloba
As a known vasodilator and stimulant substance, ginkgo biloba will not only lower the strain on your blood vessels and arteries but also improve circulation, largely thanks to the dense antioxidant content in this ancient herb.
How to use – most people use ginkgo biloba in extract form, so you can purchase tablets or capsules at the majority of health food stores, or anywhere that herbal supplements are sold.
9. Celery seed
The most important components of celery seed are phthalides, anti-inflammatory compounds that can help lower blood pressure significantly; some of these compounds are actually unique to celery seed, and it is considered as one of the best herbs for high blood pressure.
How to use – you can add celery seed to a variety of foods and dishes, including as a sandwich topping, in salads and soups, as a topping for vegetable and savory dishes, and it can even be brewed into a tea.
Cinnamon is not only delicious, but also a potent antioxidant that can reducehypertension and cholesterol levels, thanks to the presence of cinnamaldehyde and other water-soluble organic compounds in this popular spice.
How to use – add cinnamon to savory or sweet recipes, brew a tea, or use it as a topping for beverages.
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
My friend period date was on last month 15th but still her menses not happened. On june 7th while she urinating she saw 2 drops of blood that is in brown colour that's it. She did her pregnancy test 2 times through prega news kit but it shows negative, I mean only one line appears. But still there is no symptoms of getting periods and today also she did test at home after test line down side one pink colour ended. So what is the result? Please suggest.
I'm observing blood during defecation since two days. Though I experienced no pain or any kind of inflammation. It feels like bowel movement is causing those few drops of blood to come out. I never experienced this before. Can you please help me to get rid of it and do let me know the reasons why am I experiencing this,
My friend wants to have sex without condom but she also don't want to get pregnant. Does after 17 days of her periods she can do sex without condom? She is 20 years old.
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word. Pancha means five and karma mean treatment methods- therapeutic measures the aim of panch karma therapies is to purify and detoxify the body. It is done for both - unhealthy person and healthy person. It helps an unhealthy person to get rid of many chronic diseases as well as it helps the healthy person as a preventive treatment to keep physically and mentally fit.
Ayurveda is more than a mere healing system, it is a science and art of appropriate living which helps to achieve longevity. Ayurveda emphasizes on preventive and healing therapies along with various methods of purification and rejuvenation. Ayurveda prescribes panchakarma therapies for the cleansing of body toxins. Panchakarma therapies balances all tridosha's (vata- ether plus air, pitta-fire plus water and kapha-water plus earth- three bio energies- body constitution).
Ayurveda considers panch karma necessary before the start of any other therapy. The logic being-as a cloth needs to be purified or cleanse of dust and impurities before it can be imparted a new colour. Similarly, the body needs to be purified before it can be imparted new colours of youthfulness, health and vigor etc.
Purvakarma-pre-purification measures for panchakarma
This is done to prepare the body to encourage let go the toxins. There are two main procedures.
1. Snehana- snehana means oleation- internal and external
For external snehana - abhyanga - oil massage is prescribed. In abhyanga body is massaged with different ayurvedic oils which help the toxins to move towards the gastro - intestinal tract. Abhyanga - massage removes stress and nourishes the nervous system. It makes the body tissues - both superficial and deep soft and supple, snehana is given for 3 to 7 days daily. For internal snehana some ayurvedic - medicated ghee (ghritam) is given to take orally.
2. Swedana - swedana means sweating.
It is given daily immediately following the snehana-abhyanga. In this steam added with herbal decoction given to the body to loosen the toxins from the individual. It liquefies the toxins and increases the movement of toxins into the gastro - intestinal tract.
Pradhankarma-main purification measures of panchakarma
1. Vaman - emesis therapy
It is indicated in kaphavridhi means in excess of kapha. Vamana - the ayurvedic treatment is therapeutic vomiting, to eliminate the kapha causing the excess mucus. It is done for bronchitis, cold-cough, asthma etc.
2. Virechana - purgation therapy
It is indicated in excess of pitta in the body. Ayurveda suggests therapeutic purgation for skin problems like rashes, inflammation, biliary vomiting, acne-pimples and jaundice etc.
3. Nasyam-nasal administration
In this therapy head - face and chest are massaged with specific herbal oil and made to perspire. Then specific ayurvedic oils - powder are administered in nostrils. It is very effective for sinusitis, migraine, headaches, allergic condition and rhinitis etc.
4. Anuvasan vasti - medicated oil enemas
It is indicated in vata disorders like a backache, sciatica and other joint pains, arthritis, rheumatism, gout, muscle spasm, sexual problems, neurological problems a headache etc. Vata`s predominant site is the colon. In this therapy medicated oil is introduced into the rectum.
5. Asthapana vasti - niruha vasti - enema of decoction
It is also done for vata disorders. In this herbal decoctions are introduced in the rectum. It relieves constipation, distention, backache, rheumatism and other joint pains etc.
Other miscellaneous therapies of panchakarma
1. Sirodhara - it is indicated in insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, depression and headaches.
2. Pinda sweda - useful in joint pains in neurological problems.
3. Shasti-shali pindasweda - useful in neurological problems.
4. Nadisweda - useful in pain in joints.
5. Kati-vasti - useful in backache, slip disc, prolapse or herniation of vertebras.
6. Janu vasti - useful in osteo- arthritis - knee joint pain.
7. Shirovasti - useful in problems related with the brain, neurological disorders.
8. Uttara vasti - useful in gynae problems, infertility, genitourinary problems.
9. Udwartanam - good for skin and weight loss.
10. Tarpanam - useful in the ailments of eyes.
11. Pizhichil (sarvang dhara) - useful in paralysis and other neurological problems, joint pains.
Paschata karma - post purification measures of panchakarma
In this, some changes in diet and life style are advised after main purification course. Some ayurvedic internal medicines are also advised to be taken for different ailments for prescribed duration.
I am 24 years married female I had a frequent urine n cold cough little fever headache n back pain. Mine last periods date is 4 th. Is this early pregnancy? Wat should I do?
I got married on 13/04/2014. Working in school job approx 10hrs All 6days. My period is normal health is ok no any abnormality. My hubby is all ok, active, dob 3/2/1986. interested to conceive. Please advise.
The mosquito may seem a very small creature, but can be deadly as they spread quite a few severe infections, with chikungunya being one of them. The disease got its name from an African language, which means to walk bent over.
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is carried by specific varieties of infected mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus). It was originally confused for dengue, which is another mosquito-transmitted infection, but then called out as a separate disease. Both diseases start off with non-diagnostic symptoms including fever, rashes, fatigue, anaemia and headache. Dengue could be distinguished by the lowered platelet count, while the persistent joint pains and eye pain could be the distinguishing factor for the chikungunya.
The mosquito is the vector, which picks up the virus from one infected person and spreads it to another person. The virus does not spread directly from one person to the other. Once it reaches the blood stream, it multiplies in the body, and over a period of 1 to 12 days, the symptoms begin to appear.
Symptoms: The symptoms of chikungunya are listed below, which reflect the effects on the body.
The symptoms are generally nondiagnostic and generic including fever, rashes, joint pain, muscle aches, eye pain, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, headaches, nausea, and vomiting. The eye pain which occurs behind the eyes and the joint pains are the indicative symptoms, which point to chikungunya. In fact, the joint pains make the patient assume a stooped posture, and that is where the name chikungunya was originally derived from.
Most of the above symptoms subside over a period of 10 to 15 days but the joint pain continues. In fact, in many, it can continue to exist for months and even years and eventually develop into rheumatoid arthritis.
Though chikungunya is not a fatal disease by itself, it can produce long-term symptoms which can be severely disabling and affect the quality of life.
Anybody who is bitten by the infected mosquito can develop the disease, but there are some groups of people at a higher risk. These include newborns, the elderly people, and people with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart disease.
However, once infected, the person develops immunity and future infections do not happen unless their immunity is severely compromised.
Treatment: There is no specific treatment, and symptom relief is provided through rest, hydration, pain killers for joint and muscle, antipyretics for fever, and avoiding aspirin.
While there is no vaccine for chikungunya, preventing exposure to mosquito bites when you are travelling and preventing mosquito breeding and reducing exposure to mosquitoes by using repellents and nets are advisable.
I got copper inserted on Aug 2015. While doing that doctor said for a pap smear test as she observed some lesion in the cervix. The report was normal But after getting copper t, every month before the period starts in full flow I get slight bleeding for 4-5 days. Also some times in between the periods also I get bleeding. Is it cancer or something else.
I am suffering from imbalanced periods. As last month I did not see much of bleeding. Also yesterday I suspected blood from anus. Please suggest what can be done.
Avola almond can help in filling the lost protein and fiber in your body to the fitter you.
Avola almonds are bigger in size from the normal variety and are usually used in pastries.
- Three times more antioxidant content: avola almonds have three times more polyphenol content than californian almonds. Polyphenol is an antioxidant said to prevent degenerative diseases such as cancer, making it a superfood nut.
- Most sustainable nut in the world: the water used to grow avola almonds is natural rain water making them the most sustainable nut in the world. Good for you and the environment.
- Chemical-free and highest concentration of nutrients per gram than any other nut: the nut’s natural hard casing protects it from the elements, ensuring it is not penetrated by any chemicals and also retains nutrients making the avola crop very nutrient rich, which keeps you healthy.
- Natural source of protein: avola almonds are a great way to get your protein hit from a natural source and they are also low in saturated fat.
- Contains complexion boosting vitamin e: from combatting signs of ageing to boosting immunity, vitamin e has many antioxidant properties and are packed into avola almonds. Vitamin e also promotes good circulation, regulates blood sugar, keeps your heart healthy, and protects against certain cancers.
- Power-packed with minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron are all found in avola almonds and magnesium is the most represented mineral in the nut, which keeps your heart healthy and aids metabolism for weight loss.
- Good source of fibre: the nuts are a fantastic source of fibre to help maintain a healthy weight and lower cholesterol levels.
Exclusive breastfeeding should be a rule for a baby till completed 6 months of age.
This means the child should be provided only breast milk for hunger and thirst till that age.
The only exception is medicines and supplements prescribed by child specialist.
If the mother feels child's requirement is not fulfilled, the opinion of doctors should be taken immediately.