Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Hassan and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niranjan J
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan JYour feedback matters!
I am a female, 28 years old, married. I am suffering from a problem for last few days. I feel a burning sensession in my rectum when doing potty. Its too difficult to do this and very much painful. Pain stays at least 2-3 hrs. Please help me. Its very painful. I cannot handle the pain anymore.
Hi, I am having calculus of 13 mm in the left kidney and right side small calculus of 5 mm in the ureter . How much time both took to pass out and pain will occur while passing stone. For pain please suggest me fast remedy aur pain relief.
I am 62 year old and have urine infection since last two days, One week before I got Viral Fever, taken Mox 500 Mg for 5 days (3 x1) and Taken Haldi two times a day half tea spoon for Cough and I am ok except Urine. Kindly advice what is to be taken now,
I am suffering with frequent urination, drop by drop and after consulting doctor I had undergone kidney test, but there is no problem of kidneys. Pls suggest few medicines to overcome from this problem.
I'm 16 year old. During urinate I feel pelvic pain and other period time .Every 4-5 day I have white discharge What should be do? What kind medicine is best? Please doctor help me.
I want to know that what are the symptoms seen in a patient that the doctor has to advice for diayalisis I mean urine out put, creatinine level, potassium and sodium level and HB. Please guide.
Hello my 23 years old female. I got laser treatment done for kidney stone and has stent in my body while operation I was given anesthesia in my spine. After operation there is always pain and sprain in my back n entire spinal cord. What could b the reason of the pain.
My mother is suffering from ckd stage 3 and the big problem she faces now a days a lot of itching even taking cetrizine 10 mg morning and evening but no relief. Please sugest some medicine (her phosphors is high}.need also medicine for it, thanks.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!