Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Haridwar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.S Singhal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.S SinghalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old I got diabetes 1 year ago, from ther my weight reduced to 67 kgs from 75 kgs. On the advice of my colleague I started doing gym in the morning for 1.5 hrs daily. Since I am diabetic I should not take stomach full rice r any other food. How can I improve my muscle. How can I gain weight back? What diet should I follow for improving my muscle?
I am 19 years old girl. I have a heavy weight problem. I want to reduce my weight. Just for this my heavy weight I am suffering from Thyroid problem. So please tell me that how could I reduce my weight fast?
Hi, i m 31 years old. I would like to know about thyroid. I went for a thyroid test my tsh level was high but t3 and t4 level were normal. Can you tell me what does that mean? Do I suffer from thyroid? Do I need to take medicine for this?
Hi , I am 25 years old. Am suffer from prediabetes. Can I follow any diet. At morning, Afternoon And night. Please send food and some fruit names.
Hi, Mujhe Pehle tuberculosis huya tha abdomen me bad me cyst pata chala and then laparoscopic surgery lari jo tb ka pani the vo nikal diya to main conceive karne Ke liye to try karti hu but result nahi mila baad me pata chala tube block hai to Dr. ne bola Mujhe Ivf karne Ke liye to mai afford nahi kar sakti please kuch suggest kare please.
From 9 years I am having diabetes I can't control. My sugar level is now increased to 300 I just wanna know is there any way I can come over it.
I'm getting some irritation in my foot so is that a symptom of diabetes I am 24 year old body weight 70kgs height 168cm if so what should be done to control it.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.