Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in JARDOI and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.R. Verma
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. B.R. VermaYour feedback matters!
Sir. I am having a lot of pain in my legs joints (both knee, left ankle swelling also, right foot's index finger) since 1 month I had some blood tests also my hemoglobin was low (9.8 mg/ dl) and rbc count was 4.47 million ,other tests were fine. Sir I don't know that is this pain caused by low hemoglobin or any other factor? Please help!
Hi Doctors! Actually I have a chronic pain in my back, hands and legs whenever I take hot or cold water bath. Its like unbearable pain please help me to get ride of this pain. One more thing is sometimes whenever I touch something I will get power shock what is the reason for this? I am skinny girl and my weight is 44 kg, I want to gain muscles & weight please suggest me some medicines with dieting chart. Thank you so much.
Today’s lifestyle and food habits have led to obesity becoming a widespread problem across the globe. Obesity means being overweight which invites a host of other disorders that increase morbidity and mortality rates and reduces the quality of life. Obesity can cause a person to feel less confident and be less healthy as it aggravates issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disorders, arthritis, muscle pain, fatigue and loss of flexibility.
Why is physiotherapy a safe technique for slimming and achieving the optimum body weight?
There are a lot of ways by which one can undergo weight loss. But it is important to note that many of these include intake of harmful medicines and crash dieting to bring about rapid weight loss which may not be sustained and can even cause irreversible damage to the body. Physiotherapy involves exercising and burning the excess fat accumulated in specific body parts to tone the body and make it look slimmer and healthier. As this method does not involve taking medicines to curb hunger or reduce enzyme production, it does not harm the body.
How can physiotherapy be used in slimming?
There are several ways in which physiotherapy helps in slimming and shedding the extra kilos-
- Physiotherapy is based on the premise that exercise and movement are the key to weight management.
- Physiotherapy recognises the barriers to activity and movement of a person and then deals with these problems first to lead to effective weight loss.
- It also aims to manage associated problems like arthritis, back pain and stiffness through exercise to increase the movement of an individual which will automatically lead to greater physical activity which will help in maintaining weight loss.
- Physiotherapists prescribe appropriate physical activity to tone muscles, increase muscle strength, burn calories and increase endurance based on the physical state and requirement of an individual.
- In a lot of persons, obesity is more a mental state than physical. Physiotherapy is the most appropriate in such cases as the physiotherapist considers individual requirements and then prescribes the most appropriate movement and exercise for slimming and weight loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!