Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gwalior and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Runwal PriyaYour feedback matters!
I am married one year back, I am trying for children s. Please help us in this. How we can make it fast.
It's been 7 months from my marriage. And I have never used any precaution nor my wife take any pills. But she has not conceived yet. What should we do? Any suggestions?
I am getting some white stuff from my vagina walls. Not the fruit but its like mud when we rub our hands. When I clean my vagina wall I found white stuff. What is it.
Hii sir / madam I'm 24 years old Since many years I have urine problem I go to urine many times a day I get urine every now and then And many times it come in a very low amount sometime I get urge of urine and when I go only few drops come Whole day while going out I need to plan and locate washrooms accordingly Plzzzz help me I'm worried.
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Is unwanted 72 is taken before pregnancy check or after pregnancy check? Is I have intercourse with any safety yesterday? please help me.
My wife is experiencing severe pain in her lover abdomen during the periods, what is the reason and how can she over come this...
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th May with protection, but was not sure about the condom. So she took Unwanted 72 on 20th May. She had bleeding on 21st May which continued for 3 days. She had her period on 14th May and ended on 17th May. To be sure, she had a pregnancy test on 28th June. The result was negative. She is perfectly fine but till now she did not have her period since then. Is she pregnant? Or is she having any problem? One more thing, she was having irregular periods before such incident. And this is the first time she had Unwanted 72. Please advice.
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
Hello, I am preganant, in 5 month scanning following impression appeared: bulky & echogenic foetal left kidney with multiple small cysts within. Mild pelviectasia of foetal right kidney. Do that time I have to take any precautions. My doctor told me that I have to do nothing for that. After delivery, you have to do scanning of baby's kidney. Is it ok or I have to take any precautions for that? please advice.
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
Over time, we have caused tremendous harm to our immune system. Day in and day out, we have potentially risked our lives by being so casual with our health choices. But still, is it possible to leverage some of this burden and thus make our immune system stronger? What if we incorporate some healthy habits into our daily regime? What if we improvise on our diet? Take certain additional vitamin supplements perhaps? Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of achieving a near-perfect immune system?
What exactly is the Immune System?
The immune system in layman language can be considered as a protective cover of the human health system. We are surrounded by millions of pathogens (disease causing germs) that have the ability to enter into the body and cause damage to it. Here comes in the importance of the immune system, the body’s natural shield against these pathogens.
How can you boost your Immunity?
You definitely cannot evade all the pathogens and get a top-notch, impeccable immune system, but you can at least try and listen to what your body has to say, and take steps accordingly.
The first and foremost protective measure can be to follow certain general good-health guidelines.
Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking or consuming tobacco in any form brings about a host of health complications; the most pronounced of them all is probably cancer. Smoking, in more ways than one, can spell real trouble for your immune system. So better cut down on your puffs or gear up to face the various medical banes of smoking.
Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Some examples may include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables such as spinach or lettuce, yoghurt, almonds, lean meat. Sipping on green tea thrice a day is a wise choice in this regard. These measures not only strengthen the immune system but also enhance the Immune System.
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps the body hydrated, the ultimate prerequisite for a strong immune system. It helps to flush out all the toxins and ensures that the cells get the optimum levels of oxygen. Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with honey and lemon on an empty stomach after getting up in the morning can prove to be one of the best health choices that you can make for your body.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption causes dehydration and it can deprive your body of the valuable immunity boosting nutrients. It also impairs the body’s ability to fight off germs and infections.
Get adequate sleep. One reason behind stressing on the need to get adequate sleep is because it’s so closely linked to the immune system. While you sleep, the body secretes certain hormones and substances which help better fight infections and diseases. This makes these hormones so vital and indispensable at the same time. So now you know what wonders can those 8 hours of sleep do to you.
Exercise Regularly. If you're looking for a safe and smart way to boost your immunity, regular exercise is the answer to it. But we are not talking about being an ardent, hard-core gym-junkie; rather exercising in moderate amounts would suffice. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking or swimming, performed 30-45 minutes a day, can prove to be very beneficial.
Including good hygiene habits in your daily routine, such as washing your hands properly, bathing and brushing your teeth daily, etc. can be useful as well. Good sanitary habits can be the most basic way to ward off infections at the germination stage. Keep a hand sanitizer with you all the time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.