Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gwalior and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. PramodYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old women I am severely suffering from hand pain for minimum of one months doctor advised me to take complete rest and also prescribed pain relief tablets but pain is not reduced he told that two nerves combined and scratching the muscle layer what is the prescription please help.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.
I am getting burning sensation in my foot and I don't have sugar. I have thyroid but under control. Would you please suggest me the solution.
Suffering from the wrist Pain from a month. When some work is done by my right hand it pained a lot.
I am 14 years old and I have swollen shin for the past two years and a knock knee like pair of legs. I do not know whether its knock knee or knee arthritis or some other problem. And I also have a tick like sound when I bend my knees. This problem is there for the past so many years .please help.
Pain at bottom of feet in carve since a month. doctor, suggest hot and cold water dip. No much relief. Today I felt fever with backache.
I am having backpain. Its not getting cured. I tried many medicines. But its not getting cured. Help me please.
I am having rheumatoid arthritis and I am taking medicines for that but I have severe pain while standing. What medicine I should take.
I am suffering from leg pain. When I run or play or even l walk for few minutes the pain begins. It is very miserable. I am now only 27. Please advise me how to recover this problem.
I feel some sort of mild pain in both the knees. I am not interested for allopathy treatment. Can you suggest for ayurvedic treatment. It will be nice of you if you can suggest hospitals in Kolkata and Bangalore.
I am doing internship these days and whole day, I have to sit in front of computer on chair, and feel neck pain and pain in collar bone, and as someone rubs my back it turn red and I think it's blood clotting, what should I do?
I am suffering from born (joint) pain last 5 years I have take treatment from many doctors but still the pain is continue. And I am having acidity problem also.
Hi sir, My mom is getting knee pain for last 3 months Doctor is giving painkiller tab We had done ex ray but he is telling at this age it will happen My mom age is 55. Dr. has given exercise but no effect Please tell me what to do or medicine I don't want painkiller tab, it get relief but all her face become big I means sujj jata hay. Let me know what to do.
Request you to mention the name of test that needs to be done to check whether I am sexually fit. And my wife has improper menstrual cycle from past 5 months. Any suggestions in bringing back to normal.
I'm 20 years old. Many times my muscle gets locked. It will be very painful. Immediately what do I need to do?
I am a woman of 42 yrs. I get regular pains in my knees and my calf muscles ache on and off without any reason. I regularly take multi-vitamin vitamin of "Centrum for Women 40+ one a day" daily along with 1000iu of calcium and daily dosage if vitamin D3. I have been taking multi-vitamin for last 4 years and D3 for the last 9 months. Please advice what is my problem. Thanks and regards Meenu Khanna
Hi I am 20 years old male. I have been doing gymming from 2 years but I am facing wrist pain in both the wrists I don't know my physio told me that its carpel tunnel syndrome. But this pain regularly vanishes and come back please help me.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.