Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Gwalior. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashutosh Goyal
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh GoyalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashutosh Goyal to be very helpful. Thank u sir I'll try it and consol u
Dr. Ashutosh Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Helpfull
Dr. Ashutosh Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Th
Hi Sir, I had unprotected sex on 28th of may within 24th hour I took an i-pill and my last period was on 22nd of may but now it's 12th July I didn't get my periods n I checked with preganews on 3rd July and it was negative so what should I do?
Ayurveda is a popular form of alternative medicine. This system of medication not only treats physical ailments, but also takes care of complete mental and spiritual well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, the human body is made up to dhatus or tissues, malas or waste products and doshas or energies.
These doshas can be categorised as vata, pitta and kapha dosha. These tridoshas influence all activities of the mind and body, ranging from sensory functions, cell transformations and removal of waste products.
This is the most important of all three energies in the body and is made up primarily of air and ether elements. It drives the other two energies and a vata imbalance can cause imbalance in the other two doshas as well. Vata assists with all the metabolic functions of the body and controls the mental and physical movements both voluntary and involuntary, such as breathing and muscle contraction. It also controls the elimination of bodily waste through sweat, urine and faeces.
Pitta is made up of fire and water elements and is associated with fire element. The pitta also controls metabolism and digestion processes and assists in maintaining the body’s internal temperature. Pitta helps convert external images into optic nerve impulses and hence helps with vision. It is even associated with appetite and the colour and texture of skin. Pitta also helps with comprehension of information and giving a person courage to face situations.
This dosha is shows a predominance of earth and water elements. Kapha gives the body structure and lubrication and helps balance the movement of vata energies and metabolism of pitta energies. Kapha gives a person physical strength and provides mass and structure to the tissues of the body. It also grounds the mind and body and helps with fertility and virility. By providing lubrication, kapha prevents friction in the joints and helps the limbs move smoothly.
Balancing the tridoshas is crucial to the overall health of a person. Each of the doshas has certain properties that determine the type of illness an imbalance of the doshas can cause. While the vata dosha is cold, dry, and rough and has the ability to penetrate through fine particles, pitta is hot, sharp, sour or foul smelling and light. Kapha is cool yet heavy and dense, oily and slimy. These imbalances can be triggered by natural causes, such as age and seasonal changes and unnatural causes like inappropriate diets and lifestyles and traumatic events.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 42 year old single mother. I am divorced in 2014. Since 6 months I am suffering from cold. I am taking medicines but it's neither stopping nor becoming severe. But daily I have to clear. My nose for two hours in morning.
Darunak or commonly known as dandruff, is a disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff causes white, dry flakes of dead skin cells to shed from the scalp. Although dandruff rarely causes baldness and hair loss, the itchiness of this condition may most certainly be a cause of concern. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. According to Ayurveda, Darunak is a Vatakapha predominant tridoshaj disease. According to Acharya ‘Sushrut’, Madhav’ and Yogratnakar’, Darunak have symptoms like Itching, White scales like structures, Dryness in the scalp. Along with aforesaid symptoms of Acharya Vagbhatta also considered Hair loss and Numbness of scalp. The Adhisthan (place of origin) of this disease is the keshbhumi (Scalp).
Over time, proponents of Ayurveda have conducted various researches on this disease, trying to find out an effective solution when it comes to dandruff related problems.
Prolonged Treatment for Wet or Oily dandruff:
The scalp skin produces sebum (Kapha), which is an oily substance. This sebum helps in keeping your scalp and hair hydrated. It is a natural process, without which your hair may turn dry and frizzy. However, when this sebum (kapha) is over produced due to certain reasons, you may suffer from problems of the scalp. Over production of sebum (kapha) causes oily scales to appear on the scalp, which may cause severe itching and may also result in infection. Therefore, wet dandruff requires prolonged treatment, whereas it is easier to treat dry dandruff.
Impurity in the blood:
According to Ayurvedic system of medicine, dry dandruff is caused because of ‘Vata Pradhan Kapha dosha’. On the other hand, wet dandruff is caused because of ‘Kapha Pradhan Vata dosha’. As per Acharya Videha Pitta and Kapha are involved in causing darunak i.e. Dandruff. The vitiation of Vata and Pitta in the body leads to vitiation of Raktadhatu(blood) thus giving rise to impurities in the blood. This in turn leads to poor nourishment of the scalp. In such cases, detoxification of blood is also required to get rid of dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor). The primary doshas involved are Kapha and Vata.Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes Softness, Stickiness, provides nourishment & lubrication. Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas as per their predominance cause the production of specific impurities in scalp, which are dry and sticky in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Kapha Dosha causes itching and flaky patches on the scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Kapha and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan. Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
The Ayurvedic system of treatment for wet or oily dandruff, in particular, is briefly mentioned here:
- According to Ayurveda, dandruff could be caused due to prolonged intake of cold water, Excessive usage of foods that taste salty, Chronic Rhinitis, Irregular Sleeping Habits, Excessive Exposure to UV of sun, Suppressing Natural Urges, Excessive consumption of alcohol, Excessive sweating , Improper maintenance of Hair and using very less or no hair oil for massaging Head and Scalp.
- Ayurveda suggests both topical and internal medicines for the treatment of wet or oily dandruff. The topical medicines are intended to manage dandruff and also provide relief from itching and infection, if any. The internal medicines are intended to detox the blood and also improve immunity, nourish the skin and thereby help in improving the quality of hair.
- If dandruff is caused due to psoriasis and eczema, then there are exclusive medicines to combat the infection, detox the body and nourish the skin and hair.
- Ayurveda suggests that foods like coconut, Indian gooseberry ( Amla), Raisins etc. help in preventing dandruff.
- In addition to these, Ayurveda also suggests various home remedies for effective management of both wet and dry dandruff, like washing your hair with decoction prepared with Neem Leaves or Take powder of Mustard seeds and licorice, make them into paste by adding milk to it and leave it on head for 20min and wash later with water.
- Taking Panchkarama detoxification procedures like Nasyam, Raktamokshnam, Shirobasti, Abhyanga Swedanam under the guidance of expert can also play very important role in the management of both the types of dandruff.
- Accumulated hair and dandruff scales can be made returned to the healthy scalp from unclean combs and brushes. This may irritate the scalp and causes flare of dandruff again. Combs and brushes are the tools for the care of your hair; they should be properly made and well cared to accomplish this purpose. Neem wood combs can work wonder but they should also be regularly cleaned and changed every six months. It can be easily deduced that wet dandruff can be effectively managed and treated by undergoing treatment under Ayurvedic system of medicines.
However, you should avail such treatment under the supervision of an experienced doctor specialised in Ayurvedic medical science. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!