Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupressurists online in Gwalior and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Andrew Johns
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Andrew JohnsYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old and there is severe pain in my hips. I cant ride a motorcycle for continuously 30 min. As it started paining. Please suggest.
Respected sir, I am 18 year old male I have joint pain problem since 4 year my ASO titer is positive450, last year january I take a penidure 12lakh every 21 days since 15 month during pain I take nyprocin 150 mg tablet as suggested by doctor but now I suffering pain after 10 to 15 days. How long I have to take this medicine? Or I should change doctor and medicine please reply Thanks.
Age 19 male My hairs have turned white almost It started 4 years ago there were only few white hairs but now it is almost 50%.What should I do?
Does the remedies on youtube really work. I have grey hair and I have seen an expert advising to eat a mixture of bhringaraj and black sesame seeds on empty stomach in the morning and chew it continuously for 10 minutes. He said to follow this for 6 months. Will this really work.
My leg is paining since last 5 days and I am not able to walk. I have tried many home remedies, but they are not working. What should I do?
The thyroid gland situated in the neck (front of the neck) is responsible for the production of the thyroid hormones- T3, T4, and TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). Thyroid problem surfaces when these hormones are either produced in elevated or in reduced amounts. The problem is often triggered by improper functioning of the thyroid gland. Some of the medical complications that this gives rise to include Hyperthyroidism (elevated production of thyroid hormones), Hypothyroidism (reduced production of thyroid hormones), Goitre (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
Thyroid Hair Loss
The hair loss is one of the many associated symptoms of Thyroid disorder. Thyroid problems often trigger a hormonal imbalance, not only of the thyroid hormones but the steroid hormones as well. This imbalance contributes significantly towards a lot of hair problems including, thinning of the scalp, hair fall (can be quite severe at times). In extreme cases, this may even lead to baldness. Both Hyperthyroidism, as well as Hypothyroidism, may lead to the hair loss and other related hair problems.
Natural Remedies For Thyroid-related Hair Loss
While medications may go along way to keep the thyroid problems under control, there are natural remedies available to deal with thyroid-related hair loss.
- Coconut oil comes with a bag full of health benefits. A rich source of saturated fats, daily consumption of coconut oil (1 tablespoon) can bring about a significant improvement in people with hypothyroidism. You can also go for a hot coconut oil massage of the scalp. Keep it for about 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. This hot oil massage will improve the circulation and stimulate the hair growth. You can also add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to coconut oil, warm and strain the mixture and then use it for hair massage.
- The evening primrose oil is another oil that can work wonders to ensure a healthy hair growth. Laden with GLA or gamma-linolenic acid (omega-6 fatty acid), this oil is known to restore the hormonal balance (a factor responsible for hair loss). You can consume the oil in the capsule form as well as use it for a hair and scalp massage.
- Taking biotin supplements can be of great help but only when a doctor recommended.
- The role of Vitamins (especially Vitamin C and E) in ensuring a healthy hair growth is known to all. Enrich your diet with foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E (citrus fruits, avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, palm oil) to deal with thyroid hair loss with elan.
- Sea Kelp can also help to restore the normal functioning of the thyroid gland thereby reversing the hair fall. You can have it either as dried flakes or in supplement form.
- Ayurveda and the natural herbs can work miracles to deal with the thyroid disorder and the related hair problems. The herbs commonly used include Amla, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Bhringaraaja, Neem, to name a few.
- Meditation and Yoga can play a significant role in arresting the hair problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
- Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
- Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall.