Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Gwalior. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akash Singh
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Akash SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old male and have been having kind of migraine since past 2 years. What should I do to completely terminate my migraine. I haven't taken any sort of tablets so faar but whenever I miss my meal and get in contact with Sun my migraine triggers. Please help.
Hello Doctors, I consulted a homeopathy doctor for trembling / shaking of legs & hands. He gave me tranquil tablets - SBL are they good for the my condition. Thanks
I am suffering from headache and migraine, kindly advise me remedies for the same, and what kind of treatment wants to take.
How to prevent migraine? Bcoz now I can't tolerate the migraine pain, or else I'll commit suicide, I don't want to live with this migraine, n yesterday I had removed wisdom tooth, coz of this wisdom tooth removal, there is a rapid increase in my head, Firstly only my right side of the head n body was paining, but now both the sides are paining, pls help me, I want to live.
Some diseases like Bell’s Palsy have a sudden onset. One moment everything is fine and the next, half your face feels paralysed. Bell’s Palsy is a viral infection that causes temporary paralysis of one side of the face. The exact cause is unknown but this virus is said to be related to the herpes virus. The sudden onset of this condition can make a person believe that they have suffered a stroke and this condition can last for several months. Many people do not completely recover from this condition. A numb sensation, lack of control over the lips and eyelids, drooping of one side of the face and an inability to smile or blink are some of the symptoms of this condition.
Homeopathy has been used to treat a number of Bell’s Palsy cases successfully. However, the results vary from person to person and the extent of nerve damage done. This form of treatment does not address only the visible symptoms but addresses the physical, mental and emotional health of a person as a whole. Since homeopathy has negligible side effects, it can be prescribed to children and adults alike. Some common homeopathic remedies for Bell’s Palsy are:
Aconite and Causticum: Aconite is prescribed in the initial stages of this condition especially is paralysis seems to have set in after exposure to a cold draft. Patients who can benefit from aconite often also complain of a tingling sensation on the affected side of the face. On the other hand, causticum is prescribed to treat chronic cases of facial paralysis.
Hypericum: This is the most preferred homoeopathic remedy in cases of paralysis caused due to injury to a nerve. In addition to the symptoms of Bell’s Palsy, the patient may also complain of tingling or numbing sensations and burning sensations on the affected side of the face.
Ignatia: Bell’s Palsy can also be triggered by grief. In such cases, Ignatia has been proven to be quite effective. It also resolves excessive saliva production and frequent biting of cheeks of the tongue while talking and swallowing.
Cadmium Sulph: Bell’s Palsy that develops as a result of a sudden haemorrhagic condition can be treated with Cadmium Sulph. In such cases, the patient may have a distorted face and may face difficulties swallowing food and speaking properly. He or she may also be unable to close the eye on the affected side of the face.
Bacillinum and Causticum: The medicines are prescribed in cases of Bell’s Palsy triggered by the suppression of facial eruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Migraine causes symptoms effect remedy. How it can be cure permanently without being under medication.
I am 37 years of age, going on to become 38 yrs. I am a hypothyroid patient for the past 9 years now and am a patient of endometriosis, migraine and obesity. I am 161 cm in height and 86.9 in weight in kgs. 9 years back, before hypothyroidism, I was 52 kgs. Please advise how to lose weight without any diet or any exercise.
I am 30 year old and I have short memory loss and migraine head pain problem I was taking treatment of neurologist but improvement.
My son is 5 yrs. Since he has been diagnosed as a mild autism .because of this I am facing many problems like he is speech delay ,flickering and main issue is that he is not telling abt his potty .Where he is sitting at same place he do his potty .be'coze of this we are facing allot problems and school people are not considering such kind of problem.
Our body is composed of many elements that carry out emotional and physical functions that are usually in sync with one another. It is important for these organs and other elements to be in sync for good health. All nerves are connected to the brain and are responsible for sending important signals throughout your body. Therefore, even one pressed nerve may send you warning signals such as pain to the body. It is advisable not to overlook these signals. Damage from a pressed nerve might be minor or extreme. It might bring about persistent and chronic issues. Therefore, the sooner you get a treatment for nerve compression, the more relieving experience you will have. In a few cases, you cannot reverse the damage caused by a pressed nerve. However, treatment does relieve you from the pain in most cases.
Nerves are the most vulnerable at spots in your body where they go through narrow spaces and have very less tissue to protect them. These are the places they are more likely to get pinched. A number of the causes may include:
- If the nerve is pressed between tissues, for example, your tendon, ligament or bone.
- Nerve compression in your neck or arm may likewise bring pain in zones, for example, your elbow, hand, wrist or fingers.
- Aggravation or weight on a nerve root leaving the spine may bring about neck or low back pain.
- In case a disc tears, it is known as a herniated circle that can put weight on a spinal nerve.
Some of the common symptoms of pinched nerves are:
- Pain in the region of pressure, for example, the neck or low back
- Transmitting pain, for example, sciatica or radicular pain
- Blazing sensation
To what extent you are affected depends from individual to individual. Treatment fluctuates, based upon the seriousness and reason for the pinched nerve. You may find that you benefit from just resting the affected area and by maintaining distance from any exercises that may cause you harm. If side effects endure or torment is serious, it is best to consult specialist. You may require one or more types of treatment to contract swollen tissue around the nerve.
Treatment may include:
- NSAIDs - Non steroidal inflammation mitigating drugs (NSAIDs, for example, headache medicine, ibuprofen, or naproxen may diminish swelling).
- Oral corticosteroids - These are utilized to lessen swelling and agony.
- Opiates - These are utilized for brief periods to lessen extreme pain.
- Steroid infusions - These infusions may diminish swelling and allow the affected nerves to recover.
- Exercise based recuperation - This will extend and reinforce muscles.
- Brace - A prop or delicate neckline limits movement and permits muscles to rest for brief periods.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: They are the most cost effective and non invasive methods for pain relief as recommended by the WHO. Your pain will be taken care of by the interventional pain physician or the pain specialist.
- Surgery - Surgery might be required for more serious issues that do not react to different sorts of treatment.
My left head and ophthalmic region is paining because I am sufferring from trigiminal neurolgia. Kindly advice for getting relief.
Already I am suffering last 6 Yrs with Neoro Problem (Sleep disc 4 & 5) & Thyroid taking Thyronorm 75 mcg presently, last 2 yrs with BP 140/90 & Pulse rate 90 average for that taking Telma 40 & Cinod 10 mg, but recently effected with Diabetes (Fasting 162, PP 247) and taking 1000 mg Metformine 2 times daily. Should I continue with all these medicine or any change of medicine or doses required?
HI, I am 24 years old and I have a small problem in my hand. It shivers if I hold some weight. Please suggest.
I have numbness in left foot fingers for last two years. My diabetic is in control. Please Suggest me remedies. What should i do ? Please advice.
My father is aged 55 yrs. He suffered from a mild stroke and his right side of the hand and leg is not functioning. Can be recover. Wat sud we do I mean follow the treatment to bring him back to normal. How much time will it take to recover. Is there any danger to his lyf in future.
Sir mera pura sareer kanpne lagta hai der aur ghabrahat laga rahta hai sir. 8 se 10 saal pehle mahine do mahine me Aisha hota tha. Ab daily Aisha hota hai. Sir mera sugar test negative hai mera siclin test bhi negetiv hai.
I was suffering migraine in so many years but I can't escape from dis illness so pls help me n kindly suggest a treatment for dis illness.
I have been having back pain and palpitations for the last 2 months. I get easily fatigue without doing any heavy work. My hair is thinning out and I have gained weight in this period. My body odour has become strong and I get night sweat. Day before yesterday I experienced profuse sweating which is not normal as I have never been a sweaty person. I get vaginal irritation sometimes and my vaginal lips are swollen. I went to check up two times in different places and took ECG on both. The first ECG said 39bpm regular rhythm and the second said 69bpm Arrhythmia. I also took haemoglobin, thyroid and uric test and all results are normal. But I am still weak and my muscles go numb at times. I get easily tense without much reason and my heart beats faster. I used to be very patient but nowadays I get easily irritated and depressed. Today when I woke up my right eye got blurry vision and its the first time this has happened. The doctor said its nothing to worry about yet I am not so sure as my body still faces the same problems except for the back pain. Please help me understand why all this is happening and if there's anything serious which I should be concerned about.
A good night’s sleep is essential for your mental and physical health. Proper sleep means your body is adequately rejuvenated and is ready to face yet another day with efficiency. When your sleep cycle is disrupted, the entire body mechanism is disturbed. Thus, sleep apnea can turn bothersome if not treated.
What is sleep apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea is a condition wherein there can be paused or shallow breathing while the person is asleep. At the time of sleeping, the muscles of the throat and tongue are more relaxed, and the tissues block the passage of air. It is most common in adults, and the primary reason behind it is excess weight and obesity. In the case of children, most common cause of this disorder is enlarged tonsils. Childhood obesity is another cause of this disorder in children.
Complications that could arise if the obstructive sleep apnea is not taken care of
- Sleep apnea or snoring can disturb your sleep as well people sleeping around you. This disorder raises the chances of health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure. If someone is already suffering from high blood pressure, then sleep apnea can even make it worse.
- When a person suffering from sleep apnea wakes up at night, his/her body gets stressed which makes the hormone system to go into overdrive which in turn increases the blood pressure of that person. Even the level of oxygen in the blood decreases when one cannot breathe well due to sleep apnea.
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to have heart attacks.
- The most common cause for this is the low level of oxygen or the stress of waking up suddenly. A person who is suffering from obesity is more prone to sleep apnea which also makes it harder to slim down. When someone suffers from sleep apnea, that person can have fatty deposits in their neck which block breathing during the night. Also, sleep apnea releases more the hormone named Ghrelin which makes a person suffering from obesity to crave for sweets.
- Sleep apnea is also a concern with some general anesthesia and certain medications. People suffering from sleep apnea are more prone to face problems or complications at the time of major surgery as they suffer from breathing problems especially when anesthesia is performed and they are laid on their back. It is imperative to consult with the doctor before a major surgery if one is suffering from obstructive sleep apnea.
Other health related problems
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to liver problems. This includes abnormal results on the liver function test, and their liver is most prone to show the signs of scarring. This disorder is also known as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Obstructive sleep apnea also results to excessive daytime sleepiness which also increases the risk factor for automobile accidents and can also lead to depression.
- Sleep apnea can also lead to stroke, heart failure, gastroesophageal reflux disease and abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- Sleep apnea is a common condition with mild to severe levels and can be progressive with age. Because of the complications that can arise due to this condition, it is crucial to get the condition treated as soon as the symptoms are observed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!