Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Talukdar Shailendra KumarYour feedback matters!
I smoke 2 to 4 times a day. By that can my health may be affected? And how to quit cigarettes? Or is one or two cigarettes are also going to be treble for me?
From 1 - 2 week I am finding myself unhappy, I don 't have any reason for that, everything is fine in my life as earlier but from few days my over thinking has become a threat for me, I am a student, I am unable to focus on my studies. I am really feeling somehow depressed, I can't find any reason for this, I am unable to live my life as earlier, every time I feel sad and want to cry without any reason. I think I am fed up of my daily schedule. Please tell me how can I get back myself.
When we never admit there is a problem, we cannot seek a solution. Acknowledge your shortcoming and problems which leaves you helpless. Also, dig into your belief system and thought patterns which help sustain SD. Discuss it with your trusted colleagues in the same settings and how do they manage it? Modify your belief system and coping strategies if required.
Maintain a SMILE Journal/ Diary
Record interesting little things that made you happy today. Write a few lines every time you glean a new lesson from your experiences. These small records will help you cheer up whenever you find yourself stuck in old helpless rut.
Locate your support system
Its important to identify your support system in advance. Individuals who are approachable and can guide you out of dense fog of SD. Someone who can help you in modifying existing coping strategies for desirable results.
Maintain Emotional Wellbeing
While trying to step out of SD its important to take care of your emotional wellbeing. Continuous struggle, chances of relapse, exhaustion may lead to frustration and thus anger outbursts, which are capable of diminishing all the progress you have made so far. Learn how to express anger in a healthy way, so that you can use it as an effective tool instead of spoiling everything.
Let go of Fear
A pinch of Fear can do more damage than all criticism summed up. Let go of all excuses & false beliefs that comes in the way of helping yourself. Since everything you tried till date didn’t worked its time to try something new. Start with breaking strings from self doubt. Parent your inner child in the process. Foster making mistakes and take the opportunity to learn something new rather than demoralizing yourself.
I hope these steps at your personal level shall boost you to step out of SD and if nothing works, seek help from a compassionate therapist to ride this rip.
Since a year I have been suffering from anxiety, have a bad phobia of cancer and aids, of course due to traumatic events in the past, the anxiety caused by the phobia has been uncontrollable, should I go to a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
My Son (3 years, 3 Months) is diagnosed with Mild PDD. Is it form of autism? What are the best treatment Options ?Can he outgrow it by age ?He does not exhibit all age appropriate skills.
The main thing is that even I taking sleeping pills like Rivotril 0.5mgx2 tablets before sleeping, the mind keeps working on any problems, and I do not get sleep before 4 or 5AM. Ofcourse I get up late at about 10 or 11 AM. Again sleeping the afternoon for 1 to 1.5 hours. I am retired. Please advise. Prem.
Hi, My mother is depression patient since 20 years. Right now she is taking Sensival, Alzil, Valium 2 and Prestiq and Loret 2 medicines. But still she is not comfortable and now has a problem of loss of balance and un-controlled urination. What should we do ?
I am 28 years old male working in steel plant I am mechanical head I have lot of stress of work and moreover family problem I want to control my angry how I can I do that please suggest on the same.
I have a small family (spouse with 2 kids. My kids are school going. I have completed 13 years of my married life. So far, I lived along with my parents but now I have separated from my parents due to my spouse's issues. Upto 2008 there is no issue in my joint family, after that I have faced so many problems due to my mother- in- law. From there I have a issues day by day. After so many struggling with my wife I have take this separation. Still now, I can't understood I have did the right decision or not? My wife is not willing to live with my parents. She is not allowing my kids also to go to my parents. If I go to see my parents once in a week that is also not acceptance by my wife. My parents are eagerly want to see my kids. But she is not allowing. They are crying day by day. In this situation what I have to do? My kids are just 6 to 8 years old. If I got angered with my spouse it will affect my kids. Some times I think about my divorce also. In this situation, what I have to do? Please give me suggestion or any solution for this problem? Due to this problem, i'm not able to concentrate in my official work. From 2008 to 2015 I have changed 5 companies in 7 years. Please help me in this regards.
shall I use saraswathi lehyam. Does it really works I mean does it really improves memory power. How should I use it?
Sir, I am 24-year-old male my brain memory is very weak when I learn something I have forgotten after some time what can I do to remove this problem.
My dad's nature appears to be very unnatural for eg: yesterday he had gone out in a wedding and then after coming back home he was confused whether he had come back with his car only or with others car and then he was very stressed that he will be prisoned for the case of robbery of a car. So, is it a serious mental problem. Can you please suggest a solution for this.
Pain in Buttock and leg when I am sitting and running and relief when I am sleeping. Sometime no pain. And burring in buttock.
For depression (diagnosed by college counsellor and behaviour problems -anger, doesn't like being checked ,lack of routine . Whom to consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
My pens is not getting hard properly and after one session it is not at all getting hard. If it gets hard I'm not able cum even after hours of try. I smoke around 20 cigarette per day so is it coz that?
I am 25 years old boy . I am heavily emotional and sensitive type don't speak too much with others and at the same time I will quickly get angry within 5 sec even for small matters and later feel regret and start crying for the issues . Where I need to consult a psychiatrist for the anger management or I will get cure by medicines.
I am a 28 year old male and I am in an eight year long relationship with my girlfriend. I am living with her since the past 1 year. From the past one month I am not feeling any sexual attraction towards her. I mean I am fit n fine and I get attracted to other girls but when it comes to my own girlfriend I do not feel a thing. Before this we used to have a satisfactory sexual life but now I do not feel the same. I am worried coz she has all the sexual feelings as before n she sometimes get annoyed when I do not feel like indulging into sex. She sometimes even thinks that I am no longer interested in her and I want to move on. But I do not, I love her a lot but when it comes to sex, I do not feel like doing it with her. Please advise.
How to quit smoke? its not easy as I thought. I tried many times but I cant? so any tips which make me quit smoke as soon as possible.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.