Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Abdul WadoodYour feedback matters!
Dr. doctor and my face blow the eye level hairs are growing a very tiny one and its increasing also daily I use to put vecco turmeric cream n rarely I use pandram cream not much suggest me what for its growing n how can I stop dis.
I have a very hard bowling session from past 1 year and there is also blood on it and there also a pain after the bowling session and irritation in ass.
I'm female 22 years old. I'm suffering from vaginal itching for five days just after one day I had relation with my male partner 23 years old. Even he experienced redness and red spots on penis. I got examined by a doctor she recommended me candid-b cream and fasigyn tablets. But still I don't know the reason for this occurrence. Please help. Is it any kind of Std or human papilloma virus or something.
I have black spots as pimples on my face. I use scar removal cream for four month but I did not see any change what should I do? Please help me.
Sir/mam Since few days am observing that my stool colour is becoming blackish I am feeling a burning sensation in my stomach And cramps on my upper abdomen.
Hi, I got a lump at my right side of neck. After three months it squeezed out. There is wound at that place. How to treat that.
My face colour was fair but because of working in sunshine it is turning brown in colour (dark). What is real method to make it again fair. Also pimple problem also. What to do.
I have a mole beside my mole. It makes me feel embarrassed. So I want to remove it. I need to go for plastic surgery. Is there any problem with that surgery. Even though after surgery a small mark is left. Is it true. I don't want any mark in my left. So please help me which surgery can I please prefer.
My sister is having skin problem. As diagnosed its lichen amyloidosis. Could you please let me know the cause. Nd additionally is it a curable disease? Any risk factor associated. Nd what could be done to slow down the nature progression.
Hi doc. I have saha syndrome. I hv acne and facial hair. I hv consulted skin specialist. She has given me a medicine. But I want a diet which help me with my acne. Which oil should b used for cooking. I am vegetarian 33 years old blessed with two kids. How to consult you?
Hello, My name is Shweta Dhoundiyal. And I am 23 years old, I am having Dark circles in my eyes what I am doing.
I am suffering from skin problem like bolli last 3 years. I'm consulting doctors but no change. I'm also use ayaruvedic medicine also but no change. Please give some idea about to decrease my problem. So please give me solution for this problem. Thank you sir.
Respected Doctor, Today while going to bathroom while passing stool first I had burning sensation and then along with stool blood came out. What is the problem and what medicine I should take? Please suggest.
I am 27 year old male and my poop/stool is hard. My rectum becomes very painful whenever I go for toilet. Is there something I can do so that my stool is smooth and toilet experience is not painful.
I am 18 years old and my colour is becoming down day by day. Is there any natural way to make glow on my face again?
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.