Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Simantha Talukdar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Simantha TalukdarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year of age. I have brain problem. My brain is slow. If somebody ask me question I can't answer instantly whether I know. please tell me how to sharp brain.
I have taken Pexep cr 12.5 and 25 mg from last 4 year is their any side effects could happen in the body from taken it regular in future and suggest me the best treatment.
31 years woman, unmarried. I have anxiety, panic attack etc. I want to know how can i get over from this without medication.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
How Smoking Impacts Your Organs
As you inhale cigarette smoke, about 7000 carcinogens stir the crevices of your body. In India, about 3,00,000 people die every year due to smoking-related issues.
Here's a list of 5 such organs, which are the most affected by cigarette smoke.
1. Your lungs - Your lungs are probably the first organs to bear the wrath of cigarette smoke. Majority of the lung cancer cases are due to smoking. Other diseases include bronchitis and emphysema. This smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the inner walls so much so that it overproduces mucous. When the mucous builds, respiration suffers. Asthma and cancer follow.
2. Your Skin - Your skin also gets affected up to a huge extent if you smoke. You could have deep circles under your eyes, wrinkles on your skin, and stretch marks, if you continue smoking over time. Also, there lies the risk of major health issues like skin warts, psoriasis, skin cancer, and wounds, which may take longer to heal.
3. Your Penis - Studies revealed that you can take longer for an erection and find it difficult to maintain it if you are a heavy smoker. Studies have also revealed that men who quit smoking had longer and firmer erections.
4. Your Liver - Smoking increases the chances of you suffering from liver cancer dramatically. According to studies, half of the liver cancer cases are due to smoking. Obesity can also take place if you're a heavy smoker.
5. Your Eyes - Smoking affects your eyes to the extent of making you blind. Partial vision loss, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy are some of the other diseases you are susceptible to if you smoke.
Despite the negative effects, quitting smoking can save you from all of these potential health hazards.
Here are some ways to help you quit smoking.
1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy - There are a few nicotine replacement tools in the form of nicotine nasal sprays and nicotine inhaler, which you can use to quit smoking.
2. Chew on something - You should try to chew on some candy, or a gum, or anything crunchy and satisfying once you start getting restless for a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. That usually helps.
3. Relaxation techniques - If you are resisting tobacco strongly, it can be very stressful indeed. Take a break from whatever you are doing and go out for a walk, practice muscle relaxation, yoga or deep breathing to keep the craving out of the way.
4. Get involved in some physical work - Getting involved in some work will surely go a long way in reducing your craving. You can also try out physical exercises like squats, running, or jogging. Otherwise, you can also indulge in some needlework, or anything, which involves concentration or physical work.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 18 years old. I took almost 35 tablets of thyronorm 100 mcg out of depression .I didn't have thyroid before. Will I get thyroid in future? What will be its side effects?
Hi guyz, me 22 yrs old girl. Me bahot pareshan ho please suggest me kya kru. Me meri past life pahile thodi clr krti hu. Me 1 yr ki thi tb mere dad ki death hue by accident n uske baad me 9th me thi tb meri badi sister ne suicide kiya. Abi 4 yrs pahle meri mom ki bhi death hoe bcoz of heath problem. Nw me mere bade bhai k sath rehti. Bt jb mom thi tb it means me chhoti thi tbse hi muze mara bhai nhi achha lagta. Uski mentality uska behavior muze nhi achha lagta bt mom k achhnk death k bajese hum bajboorime sath rehna pad raha hai. Life me etna sab kuch hua n muze jo pasand nhi uske sath rehna pad rha hai ess bajese me mentally bahot disturb ho gye hu. Me engineering student hu. Ess 4 yrs me (aftr ma mom death) me 2 bar yd (year fail) hoe hu. N nw muze asa lagta hai me bhai k sath reh rhi hu essliye me success ni ho rhi hu. Usase muze negative energy aati hai. Me usske sath nhi reh skti (wnt to mention k mera koi bf nhi hai nhi asa kuch krne ki echha hai abi m nt interested) essliye mene decide kiya bhaise se durr hone ka. Meri mom ki pention milti hai muze har month. Me mere bhai se paise or mere finance related koi b relation nhi rkhna nhi chahti. Uski koi tension nhi me bahar rehkr sab manage kr skti hu. Bt nw condition is mene mere bhai ko bola muze usasse dur rehna asa nhi ki relationship hi tod k jana hai bt jo respncbly hai meri usaske kandhe pe wo usase mokt ho. Fir may b hamara relationship achha hoga. Bt wo kuch samj hi nhi rha. Pahile do din usane muze bahot manani ki koshish ki actually wo bol rha hai hum dono hi hai ab or hum dono ekdusare ki care nhi krenge to kon kerega n all. And bol raha hai agr tume kuch prblm hai muzse to bolo me badl jaunga bt ye baat humare bich me bahot barr hue n to asa hi bolata hai k thik hai me badal jaunga n sirf 1 week achha rehta hai n firse pahile jesa. So nw condition is ussase bahot manane ki koshish ki bt muze jana to ussane last bola agr tum abi muze chhod kr chali gae to yaad rkhana me kasam leta hu me marr bhi jau bt tumara face nhi dekhunga. Please bolo me kya kru me usse 1 yr mang rhi thi muze meri lyf track pe lani hai. Muze zagda kr k nhi jana. Ab mere samne do hi optn hai me emotional ho kr usko chodkr nhi jau n dusara thoda emotions side rkh kr meri lyf k bareme sochu meri lyf hell ho gye hai me bahot passionate bindass ladki thi, muze hamesha dist. Milta tha result me bt ab mere 2 saal fail hoe hai. Me kya kru kuch samj nhi aa rha. Life ya bhai please help me.
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.