Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Call Doctor
Book Appointment

Dr. Simantha Talukdar


Psychiatrist, Guwahati

Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Simantha Talukdar MS Psychiatrist, Guwahati
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Simantha Talukdar
Dr. Simantha Talukdar is an experienced Psychiatrist in Rajgarh, Guwahati. She is a MS . She is currently practising at Health clinic in Rajgarh, Guwahati. Book an appointment online with Dr. Simantha Talukdar on

Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Find the best Psychiatrists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MS - NA -
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Simantha Talukdar

Health clinic

House No. 27, By Lane- 2, Anil Nagar, Rajgarh Link Road.Guwahati Get Directions
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Simantha Talukdar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 18 year of age. I have brain problem. My brain is slow. If somebody ask me question I can't answer instantly whether I know. please tell me how to sharp brain.

MSC Human Development , Hypnotherapy , Special Educator , ms- counselling and physiotherapy, Applied psychology Hons
Psychologist, Faridabad
Do some brain exercise, it will sharp your mind. First go for an assessment with a psychologist to find out your actual problem of your brain. If you want our help you can contact us.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have taken Pexep cr 12.5 and 25 mg from last 4 year is their any side effects could happen in the body from taken it regular in future and suggest me the best treatment.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician, Alappuzha
I have taken Pexep cr 12.5 and 25 mg from last 4 year is their any side effects could happen in the body from taken i...
Pexep CR 12.5mg Tablet is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

31 years woman, unmarried. I have anxiety, panic attack etc. I want to know how can i get over from this without medication.

Psychologist, Delhi
31 years woman, unmarried. I have anxiety, panic attack etc. I want to know how can i get over from this without medi...
Now a days its very common ,According to survey done by WHO 8 individuals from 10 is having anxiety ,mood swings, panic attack. You can easily control it what it requires is change in your approach, first and most important is don't think on this topic as much you will think on this topic you will get frustration and anxiety, divert your mind whenever you feel anxiety ,involve yourself in some other activity, whatever thought disturbs you write it on paper, make some friends share your feelings with them, Be social as much as you can.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.

Ph. D - Psychology, Professional Certified Coach
Psychologist, Ahmedabad
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please ...
What you are going through is greaving. Loosing loved one is not easy to deal with emotionally. I am sorry for your loss. When you are greaving, your mind is continuously engaged in sad and disturbing thoughts and feeling of loss and perhaps guilt. When sadness over powers you it is difficult to feel any other feelings. Even feeling happy makes you feel guilty and uneasy. Slow but effective way to over cone sadness is to engage yourself in some neutral activities such as cleaning. Walking or readjng a light book. Once you try that for few days you may be ready for following things. There are few things I would like you to try. 1. When you feel sad. Feel the feeling of sadness fully. You may close your eyes and let that sadness flow through your mind and body. If tears flow let them flow. Cry it out. Feeling what you feel fully and totally is healing. Once you feel your sadness fully. You might feel the lightness in your heart. Feel that too and say out loud. How wonderful! and engage your mind remembering some good qualities and good times you spent with the person you are missing. 2. Regular simple breath awareness meditation also help manage your loss. 3. You may also l write daily 3 to 5 things you are grateful to every morning. These things could be as simple as having a bed to sleep and food to eat. Affirm what you write and add new thing in your list for 7 to10 days. If you are not feeling any change over next 2 weeks or if you lack motivation to initiate and maintain above activities hope this helps wishing you very best. Edit answer.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How Smoking Impacts Your Organs?

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Jaipur
How Smoking Impacts Your Organs?

How Smoking Impacts Your Organs

As you inhale cigarette smoke, about 7000 carcinogens stir the crevices of your body. In India, about 3,00,000 people die every year due to smoking-related issues.

Here's a list of 5 such organs, which are the most affected by cigarette smoke.

1. Your lungs - Your lungs are probably the first organs to bear the wrath of cigarette smoke. Majority of the lung cancer cases are due to smoking. Other diseases include bronchitis and emphysema. This smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the inner walls so much so that it overproduces mucous. When the mucous builds, respiration suffers. Asthma and cancer follow.

2. Your Skin - Your skin also gets affected up to a huge extent if you smoke. You could have deep circles under your eyes, wrinkles on your skin, and stretch marks, if you continue smoking over time. Also, there lies the risk of major health issues like skin warts, psoriasis, skin cancer, and wounds, which may take longer to heal.

3. Your Penis - Studies revealed that you can take longer for an erection and find it difficult to maintain it if you are a heavy smoker. Studies have also revealed that men who quit smoking had longer and firmer erections.

4. Your Liver - Smoking increases the chances of you suffering from liver cancer dramatically. According to studies, half of the liver cancer cases are due to smoking. Obesity can also take place if you're a heavy smoker.

5. Your Eyes - Smoking affects your eyes to the extent of making you blind. Partial vision loss, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy are some of the other diseases you are susceptible to if you smoke.

Despite the negative effects, quitting smoking can save you from all of these potential health hazards.

Here are some ways to help you quit smoking.

1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy - There are a few nicotine replacement tools in the form of nicotine nasal sprays and nicotine inhaler, which you can use to quit smoking.

2. Chew on something - You should try to chew on some candy, or a gum, or anything crunchy and satisfying once you start getting restless for a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. That usually helps.

3. Relaxation techniques - If you are resisting tobacco strongly, it can be very stressful indeed. Take a break from whatever you are doing and go out for a walk, practice muscle relaxation, yoga or deep breathing to keep the craving out of the way.

4. Get involved in some physical work - Getting involved in some work will surely go a long way in reducing your craving. You can also try out physical exercises like squats, running, or jogging. Otherwise, you can also indulge in some needlework, or anything, which involves concentration or physical work.

In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!

3097 people found this helpful

I'm 18 years old. I took almost 35 tablets of thyronorm 100 mcg out of depression .I didn't have thyroid before. Will I get thyroid in future? What will be its side effects?

MD - Podiatrist
Psychiatrist, Lucknow
I'm 18 years old. I took almost 35 tablets of thyronorm 100 mcg out of depression .I didn't have thyroid before. Will...
I am not sure about the side effects but for impulsive behavior out of which you took 35 tab you definitely need proper consultation so consult a psychiatrist and take proper treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm feeling lazy always and i am experiencing a back pain and body pain all over my body.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
I'm feeling lazy always and i am experiencing a back pain and body pain all over my body.
Hello, you might b facing difficiency of vit'd'haemoglobin, neutrients & suffering from gastric disorder. *go for a walk in d morning. * go for meditation to reduce stress. * tk, plenty of water to hydrate your body, regulating metabolism to absorb neutrients to nourish your body to make muscle, more flaxible. * your diet b easily digestible on time. Tk homoeo medicine/ @rhus tox 200-6 pills, thrice. @ arnica mont 200-6 pills, thrice. Avoid, junk food, caffeine, nicotine, cold intake, pizza, burger, cookies. Report, wkly. Your feedback matters, please. Tk care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my brother. He was suffering from high body pains from yesterday night. Give me suggestion.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Sir  my brother. He was suffering from high body pains from yesterday night. Give me suggestion.
Hello, if he has fever with body pains then take medicine for fever, otherwise for only body pains take alpha mp, 15 drops with hot water twice daily.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi guyz, me 22 yrs old girl. Me bahot pareshan ho please suggest me kya kru. Me meri past life pahile thodi clr krti hu. Me 1 yr ki thi tb mere dad ki death hue by accident n uske baad me 9th me thi tb meri badi sister ne suicide kiya. Abi 4 yrs pahle meri mom ki bhi death hoe bcoz of heath problem. Nw me mere bade bhai k sath rehti. Bt jb mom thi tb it means me chhoti thi tbse hi muze mara bhai nhi achha lagta. Uski mentality uska behavior muze nhi achha lagta bt mom k achhnk death k bajese hum bajboorime sath rehna pad raha hai. Life me etna sab kuch hua n muze jo pasand nhi uske sath rehna pad rha hai ess bajese me mentally bahot disturb ho gye hu. Me engineering student hu. Ess 4 yrs me (aftr ma mom death) me 2 bar yd (year fail) hoe hu. N nw muze asa lagta hai me bhai k sath reh rhi hu essliye me success ni ho rhi hu. Usase muze negative energy aati hai. Me usske sath nhi reh skti (wnt to mention k mera koi bf nhi hai nhi asa kuch krne ki echha hai abi m nt interested) essliye mene decide kiya bhaise se durr hone ka. Meri mom ki pention milti hai muze har month. Me mere bhai se paise or mere finance related koi b relation nhi rkhna nhi chahti. Uski koi tension nhi me bahar rehkr sab manage kr skti hu. Bt nw condition is mene mere bhai ko bola muze usasse dur rehna asa nhi ki relationship hi tod k jana hai bt jo respncbly hai meri usaske kandhe pe wo usase mokt ho. Fir may b hamara relationship achha hoga. Bt wo kuch samj hi nhi rha. Pahile do din usane muze bahot manani ki koshish ki actually wo bol rha hai hum dono hi hai ab or hum dono ekdusare ki care nhi krenge to kon kerega n all. And bol raha hai agr tume kuch prblm hai muzse to bolo me badl jaunga bt ye baat humare bich me bahot barr hue n to asa hi bolata hai k thik hai me badal jaunga n sirf 1 week achha rehta hai n firse pahile jesa. So nw condition is ussase bahot manane ki koshish ki bt muze jana to ussane last bola agr tum abi muze chhod kr chali gae to yaad rkhana me kasam leta hu me marr bhi jau bt tumara face nhi dekhunga. Please bolo me kya kru me usse 1 yr mang rhi thi muze meri lyf track pe lani hai. Muze zagda kr k nhi jana. Ab mere samne do hi optn hai me emotional ho kr usko chodkr nhi jau n dusara thoda emotions side rkh kr meri lyf k bareme sochu meri lyf hell ho gye hai me bahot passionate bindass ladki thi, muze hamesha dist. Milta tha result me bt ab mere 2 saal fail hoe hai. Me kya kru kuch samj nhi aa rha. Life ya bhai please help me.

Hypnotherapist, DCS, BSIC, Advanced Trainee of Transactional Analysis, Advanced Skills in Counselling
You seem to have gone through a lot and still managed to do well for yourself. If you wanted to leave your brother and still maintain relationship, then you could have done it without the condition of him improving his behavior with you. Now he's probably feeling guilty as well as upset with you for wanting to change him. If you want to leave, then you leave citing reasons which are about you and not about him. Take responsibility for your decisions and then decide and leave. Also you must weigh your pros and cons of leaving the safety of your brothers house. You must think about your safety, finances etc before leaving his house. If you feel confident on these fronts then go ahead and leave. But the responsibility of your actions shouldn't come on your brother. You can still do well in studies if you live with your brother. It's in your hands. If you let it affect you. It will affect you. There is no guarantee that you will not face negativity somewhere else. It's all in the mind. Some people have done very well while living in very negative environment.
43 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Health Consequences of Smoking 3 Cigarettes A Day

Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD), Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine, FCCP - Pulmonary Medicine
Pulmonologist, Nagpur
Health Consequences of Smoking 3 Cigarettes A Day

Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.

The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.

The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.

What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.

It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.

It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.

3091 people found this helpful
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(29 ratings)

Dr. Ashok Kumar

MBBS, Diploma In Psychological Medicine
Shyama medicos psychiatry and deaddiction clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment