Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Das TulikaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old had 2 miscarriage already. Now I am 7 weeks pregnant. My doctor had done sonography at 6 weeks 2 days that time there was irregular sac without yolk sac & fetal node then doctor suggest me beta hcg test to next day ,in that test there was 37015 miu/ml and then doctor give me hucog 5000 injection and said will come after 15 days for again sonography to detect heart beat and 2 more hucog 5000 injections, once per week and susten 200 injection per week. Now vomiting are coming regularly on day time and vertigo on day/night time. Please you suggest me is there is any chances to come heart beat of my baby.
I am 25 years and have polycystic ovaries. I take Ovalife Met for pcos. I had my my periods on 6.6.17 then I had sex with my boyfriend, within 24 hrs had an emergency pill. Then again got periods at end end of june. After this my periods skipped ob august and still did not came. So I took pregnancy test in prega news for 2 times. Same result came and its negative. Do I have any chance of getting pregnant?
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
My friend having a sex with her bf 3 months back .means sunday she's having a sex with her bf at that time bf used a condom next day when her husband came back to home from business trip she again have a sex with her husband now she is worried about sexual diseases.
Hi. M Shweta I missed my periods. I had sex in Feb 7 Nd after that I take I pill Nd after that I had periods but now in March missed periods. So I want to know is there any issue or any pregnancy.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that is on 22nd January 2017 at 5 pm. My first day of period was 19th January 2017. I take ipill at 68th hour on 25th January at 1 pm. My last period date was on 15th December 2016. I want to know is there any chances of pregnancy.
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
Smoking is a die hard habit and many people eventually die of the same. It remains one of the most common causes of cancer and lung diseases, which eventually lead to death. The irony is that almost all smokers know the harmful effects, but find it hard to quit.
With a firm determination, there are people who quit, but then the relapse rate is quite high too.
- Many believe that quitting requires a behavioural change. From peer pressure to a lifestyle habit, smoking is a social phenomenon. There are various methods to help quit smoking like quitting cold turkey and nicotine substitutes. Hypnosis is also gaining popularity as a method to help quit smoking. Research has shown an encouraging success rate in the range of 30 to 40% in cases where the desire and commitment to quit are high. This of course is with people who have strong will and are able to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis or hypnotherapy is a psychological technique used as supplemental therapy in a lot of cases, such as weight loss, depression, speech disorders, pain management, de-addiction; the list can be quite long. It puts the person undergoing therapy into a deep sleep or trance, where they get in touch with themselves and find answers to a lot of questions. It is believed that while hypnosis puts a person to sleep, it also induces a higher level of cognition and a higher level of neurological activity.
- During the actual session, the smoker is asked to imagine the numerous ill effects of smoking and the need to reduce its harmful effects on the body. This improves the willpower to quit smoking and reduces the desire. They are also advised of the benefits of quitting smoking, including longevity of life and better quality of life. The person is told that quitting smoking before 50 years of age gives a 50% chance of increasing the lifespan by 15 years. Now that is quite motivating for a lot of smokers to give up the habit.
- It generally takes about 4 full sessions of hypnotherapy to reach a level where the patient is ready to kick the habits. Also, self hypnosis can be taught where the person can go into hypnosis on his own and enforce smoking cessation. There are even self hypnosis tapes that are available for aid.
However, a word of caution here, hypnosis is not for everybody as not everybody can be hypnotized easily and there has to be a strong belief that it will benefit, only then can smoking cessation be tried with hypnosis. It is still in the testing phase and is to be medically proven as a way to quit smoking.
Related Tip: "7 Dangerous Changes That Smoking Causes To Your Skin"
Hello to everybody. I am Dr Vandana Hegde. I am practising reproductive medicines in the Hegde Medical Centre from the last 10 years.
As I had explained the entire cycle. Two important things are there for the couple to plan pregnancy
One is the Ovulation time. When the ovulation happens, the female eggs that releases out. Its life is approximately 24 hours. And the male's sperm, once the ejaculation happens, its life span is 3-5 days upto the maximum of 7 days. So for couples to plan fertility naturally, it is important to conceive during the period of female ovulation time. And now ideally the female ovulation happen around the 14th day, it is best for the couple to plan intercourse atlreast 3days prior to the ovulation time. So, if they are ovualating on 14th day, so they can start planning the intercourse on around 10th day and upto a period of 16th day. Ideally, intercourse beyonf the period of Ovulation does not help the couples in conceiving. So, it is always better to plan before the ovulation time. Alternate intercourse is much better than having a daily intercourse during the ovulation time.
Now, coming to the Evaluation of Fertility.
When a couple comes to us when they are unable to conceive a child naturally even after one year. Then we do certain basic things as I have mentioned that it is very important to fid out that how the egg is finally to form an embryo. Yu need egg from the female partner and sperm from the male partner which are diffused internally. So what is important is the normal sperm and a normal tube in the uterus. So we do assessment in that order. So ideally we get the male partner 7 testing time to see the sperm count, the sperm motality and the sperm morphology. The sperms should be genetically fit to give a healthy child. So this is assist by doing semen analysis where the male partner will give the semen sample for about 3-4 days. And this semen sample is examined under the micrscope where the assessment is done on the basis of count, mortality and Morphology. If the semen criteria is normal then we evaluate the female partner.
Now the female partner, if she has regular cycle, we assume that the ovulation is happening normally. But there are certain girls who has irregular periods. Some have early periods and sme have quite delayed cycle. Now, what is the main issue here is Ovulation. Probably they are not ovulating around the 14th day. But there are 2 disfunctions.
- One is anovulatory, there are certain girls whoch are not ovulating at all. There is no egg formation, there is no ovulation. Now this criteria of girls manage in a different way.
- Now there are other type of girls, who are probably having a shorter cycle, they are ovulating very early.
Now, we need to differentiate between these two types. The whole management depends upon correcting these abnormality.
Now, coming to the other part of the tubes. Once the sperm is there and the egg is there, one should have patent fallopian tube for them to meet. So, ideally what we do is, when the couple comes to us, we evaluate the spem parameters, the female ovum parameters and then we do a time intercourse for them.
We start basic tracking of the follicle growth. The best thing is the follicle is seen in the ultrasound reports. So the basic ultrasound is done initially to diagnose. If the female uterus, the ovaries are normal then they should not be ahving any fiberoids and ovarian cyst. So Fiberoids are basically tumours in the uterus which can prevent implantation of the embryo and there may be some ovarian cyst which may be preventing normal ovulation and there are other cyst which require surgical removal. We do basic ultrasound scan to roll out all other major thing and then proceed to Folliculat tracking.
Follicular tracking is seen on the scan. Though the egg can not be seen on the scan so follicles can be seen. So, when the couple ccomes to us in initial part, we track the follicle growth and this is the time, the female is ovulating and we give them the dates to meet. This is done on the monthly basis for atleast 2-3 cycles. Now, inspite of tracking natural cycle follicular growth and at the time intercourse if the couple is not able to conceive then we go for other evaluations. Like, is the tube open? Is the uterine cavity normal?
So there are tests to check if the fallopian tubes are open. Now it is very important for the tube to open because all the activities are happening inside the tube. so there is a test called "Hysterosalpingographie", where the die is pushed through the uterine end. This die is travelling around the cavity and coming into the tubes and then comes out.
All this is recorded in teh X-ay film. This film records this passage of the dia nd we find out the tubal blocks. If the tube is blocked then the egg and the sperm do not meet. So there comes fertility issues.
We do other assessments also like Diagnosis hysteroscopy and laparoscopy for infertility. So this is a surgical process which we do when couples are not able to conceive even after 6 months of fertility planning.
There are small tumours in the cavity which can prevent embryo from Implanting and these are absolutely necessary to be removed if the couple is not conceiving with these.
And the other things we diagnose is the laparoscopy in which we put the camera inside to record if te tube and ovary are in normal position and HYsteroscopy is a process done under the anesthesia only. Then we proceed with further treatment with fertility planning.
Hii I missed my periods. I consult a doctor and sonography done. It shows tiny cystic focus in endometrium and mild subchorionic bleed. What is its meaning. Plzz reply fast? Give me the meaning.
Irregular periods why do that one year also then white hormone some time coming on why what is the ration.
Health benefits of Tapioca (Sabudana)
Sabudana, or tapioca, is a favourite breakfast and evening snack option in indian households. Sabudana khichdi, sabudana pakoda or sabudana kheer are served at indian dinner tables quite often. Apart from food, it is also commonly used to starch clothes. Here, we tell you about the other health benefits this food has to offer:
1. Tapioca is a good source of protein, which helps with muscle building, healing and strengthening. So vegetarians, turn to sabudana for your daily protein intake.
2. Tapioca is rich in iron and calcium, which helps maintain bone health. You can prevent osteoporosis and other bone conditions by adding a regular dose of tapioca to your diet.
3. You can eat a bowl of soaked sabudana with a dash of chilli powder, salt and crushed peanuts to fight fatigue after a hectic day. Loaded with carbohydrates, tapioca will make you feel energetic in a matter of minutes.
4. Regular consumption of sabudana keeps blood pressure levels under control. Also, the potassium present in it aids healthy blood flow and lowers the pressure on the cardiovascular system.
5. Sabudana is a healthy weight gain food. So if you're skinny and wish to gain weight naturally, add tapioca to your diet.
6. Rich in folic acid and vitamin b, tapioca helps prevent foetal birth defects and improves the development of your unborn baby.
7. Tapioca prevents gas, indigestion and constipation problems and is good for your metabolism and digestive system.
Sabudana khichadi recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
1 cup sago (sabudana) 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed2 medium potatoes, cubed1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) 2 green chillies, slit2 tbsp oilsalt to taste
Wash the sago. Drain and keep aside for about 2 hours. If necessary, sprinkle a little water over the sago to moisten it. In a glass bowl, combine the oil, cumin seeds, green chillies and potatoes. Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 2 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Add the soaked sago, peanuts and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Serve hot with green chutney or curds.