Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
She's been married over an year but they are not able to have sex. Penetration is very difficult. Kindly advise.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to visit your doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and keep away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
Depression risk and olive oil
People whose diets are high in trans fats - fast foods and mass-produced foods like pastries - may have a higher risk of depression, compared with those whose diets are rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fats.
The investigators counted the number of people with depression at the start of the study and then again during each follow-up. Cases of depression had to be those clinically diagnosed by a doctor.
The study authors found that when they compared the volunteers who consumed trans fats regularly with individuals whose dietary fat consisted primarily of olive oil, the trans fat consumers had a 48% higher risk of developing depression.
The amount of trans fat consumed was directly related to depression risk - the more they ate, the higher the risk.
Olive oil may reduce breast cancer risk
A team of scientists at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain found a key mechanism by which virgin olive oil protects the body against breast cancer, in contrast to other vegetable oils.
The researchers decoded a complete cascade of signals within the cells of breast tumors that are activated by virgin olive oil. They concluded that the oil reduces the activity of p21Ras, an oncogene, prevents DNA damage, encourages tumor cell death, and triggers changes in protein signaling pathways.
The team found that while corn oil - which is rich in n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids - increased the aggressiveness of tumors, virgin olive oil had the opposite effect.
They demonstrated that virgin olive oil is linked to a higher incidence of benign (non-cancerous) breast tumors.
Hi, my periods where on 7th of march, took ipill on 13th march and got withdrawal bleeding on 24th and now I am 8days late for my periods. Took blood hcg negative. Please help me
I have PCOD problem from last 15 yrs. Started from delay period in the age of 20. My doc suggest glycomet in liquid form as some symptom of PCOS seen in my ultrasound report. At age of 22 my first baby girl born and after 2 years my second baby boy born. All going perfectly after marriage without any medicine. But from past 7 years PCOS became PCOD. N I have put weight from 62 (constant) to 78 now. I have taken homeopathy medicine, 5 time took 6 month medicine pills also. But all in vein. After stopping medicine. Problem again happen. Now issue is what is the reason behind dis problem? How it can be cure without medicine. Is my weight will come down after taking its medicine regularly? Is glycomet safe if regular takes.
Hello doctor. I am 32years old woman married for three years. From 5 month I am trying to conceive. And even on February I had duphaston 50 mg tablet for ovulation which doctor suggested. Then on 32 day that means I got my period on march 7th 2016. Usually I get the 26th or 27th day I get my period. But on February I took the tablet of duphaston 50 mg so my date came late. And I dint conceive. Then again the doctor said to take duphaston25mg so I took on the 9th March for five days and I went to check ovulation study and my left ovary was at 32mm. And I told the doc about this. Coz I don't have any knowledge then doc said to take injection for the rapture. So after 4 days I went again to check weather it is raptured or not. Still the rapture dint take place then our doctor told me to this 2 month not to plan. And he gave novale 21 tablet and he gave ovabless. Doc said to try coming month May normally. If I won't conceive then on June doc said he will check my fallopian tubes weather it realising the egg or not. Does checking this fallopian tube will be painful. Doc said he has to injection in my fallopian tubes and then they ill check my tubes then it releasing the egg or not. Suddenly again on March 29 I got period it is 23rd day. I am worried. Is everything ok with me. Y I got the period so soon. And suggest me what to do to conceive. Coz I am 32years old woman.
Seems like every day you hear some nutritional advice either in the media or from friends. Maybe you are reminded of an old wives’ tale that your mother or grandmother told you. Many people just believe everything they hear or read. Let’s separate fact from fiction.
Myth: - A Zero fat diet is excellent
Fact: - No, Some amount of fat is necessary
Myth: - Cholesterol containing foods are the only culprits
Fact: - No, Saturated fats also increase blood cholesterol. The two together have additive effects
Myth: - Only oils need to be cut down
Fact: - No, A total change to a healthy dietary lifestyle is also necessary
Myth: - Plenty of vegetable oils are good
Fact: - No, Moderation in their use must be exercised
Myth: - Safflower and sunflower oils can be taken as much as you want.
Fact: - No, Excess of these oils can decrease “good” cholesterol
Myth: - Vegetable oils do not have cholesterol
Fact: - Yes, But vegetable Oils consumed in excess can cause an increase in total fat intake. Too much of fat in the diet increases blood cholesterol.
Myth: - Starvation and rapid decrease in body weight are good
Fact: - No, Body weight reduction should be gradual, starvation is not the solution
Myth: - One meal a day is good for body weight reduction
Fact: - No, Frequent and small meals are far better.
Myth: - Alcohol is good for the heart
Fact: - No, Alcohol does not increase “good” cholesterol.
Myth: - Only plain sugar increase blood sugar levels
Fact: - No, All carbohydrates can increase blood sugar. Refined foods and sugar increase blood glucose rapidly.
Myth: - Only fat people need to worry
Fact: - No, Even individuals who are normal in weight can have higher body fat and blood lipids.
Myth: - Only vigorous exercises are good.
Fact: - No, Even a long brisk walk will help very much.
I am 24 year girl. I had unprotected sex on 28th may. I had my last period on 10th may. Still I do not have periods. Please guide me. I do not want to b pregnant right now. Is there any method to abort at home?
I am 23 year old female. I am pregnant. My last date come 8th January. Tell me how calculate of my which is months running. Or very pain in my breast and belly. Can this time we make relation?
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
Hi my date was on 11 april. I made up with my bf on 5 6 7. But as we were very high he cumed inside my vagina on 7 within 2 hrs I had I pill. I took another I pill on 10. Now its 12 my date is not coming. Am I pregnant?
*if you are speaking to someone on mobile, you can keep moving around while talking.
*if you are on laptop, take breaks from time to time and move around.
* take stairs instead of going by lift.
*park your vehicle some distance away from your destination point and walk the short distance to and fro.
*spend part of your weekend time in physical exercise and any other physical activity.
Most important- realise that your efficiency will go down soon if you neglect your health.