Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Das TulikaYour feedback matters!
Lumbar disc prolapse is common
The mri images and symptoms of the patient need not necessarily match.
Here comes the role of pain management specialist
He examines the patient thoroughly and offers treatment options like root injections or endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia
These are simple safe and scientific
*eating a variety of food in sensible proportions in winter should include:
6 daily servings of complex carbohydrates,
5 servings of fruits or yoghurt
2 servings of protein,
15-25 gms of fats and oil
Many of things have beneficial implications especially during winters. For example:
Red wine: it keeps you warm, and the key are two antioxidants found in the skin of grapes - reveratrol and anthocyanins as they help to neutralize the free oxygen radical that damages the artery and has potent anti cancer effect.
Coffee: a hot cup of magic beans has caffeine, considered a major source of antioxidants that help lower the risk of diabetes, and has been linked to reduction in colon cancer for women, lower risk of gout in men.
Chocolate: dark chocolates are better because of high cocoa content which is packed with flavonoid they prevent heart disease and cancer.
Saffron: it improves digestion, stimulates circulation and reduces high blood pressure. Its also as anti depressant. It enhances the activity of mood boosting neuro- transmitters, dopamine and nonrepinephrine.
At the same time take up some routine physical exercise walk at least 40 minutes a day 4 - 5 times a week. Add some strength training since it burns fat even after exercise session. Yoga has specific asanas to reduce abdominal fat. Take up strength training and yoga for at least 20 minutes 3 - 4 times a week
I got intimate with my husband on 19th february 2017, in how many days I will get to know whether I am pregnant or not?
My husband has obstruction issue with sperms. Which one is better to go for, IVF or surgery for blockage.
She have period problem. She is in very pained .in one month period coming in every five days. Please do something. And talk with me soon. Please.Thank you.
After 4-5 days of abortion with tablet. Going sperm in vagina its harmful or more chance to get pregnancy again.
I am 31 year old women and married for 3 years. I am facing a problem with my periods from last one year. They are getting delayed and sometimes I need to take medicine to get my periods. I am planning for a baby since last august, but I am not able to conceive. I want to know is it a pre-menopause I am going through or some other serious issue?
Hello Doctor, Maine pregnancy me bahot weight gain ker liya h mera weight 85 kg h ab mera lscs hua h and mera baby one month ka ho chuka h mujhe apna weight loose kerna h please tell me mujhe kaisi diet leni chahye and kya workout krna chahye?
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend many times in past 24-48 hrs. But now I am not getting any of the contraceptive pills like I pill and unwanted 72 in my city. They say that it has been banned. Please suggest me what should I do now.
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women and occurs in the inner ovarian lining. It is not something that’s easily identified as it has no definite symptoms. In many women, it could be ignored until it has reached an advanced stage. Here, we have come up with a few facts about the causes, risk factors, symptoms, prognosis, and treatment for ovarian cancer.
There are no specific causes for ovarian cancer, other than a genetic condition. If there is a strong family history, it is advisable to talk to your doctor and see how you can use these to your advantage and reduce the risk of developing ovarian cancer. The following could be potential reasons that increase the risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Postmenopausal women
- Menarche before 12 or menopause after 50
- Never having had a baby
- Use of hormones during menopause
As noted earlier, ovarian cancer does not have specific symptoms. But, a few symptoms could be such as the following.
- Regular bloated feeling in the abdomen
- Abdominal/pelvic pain
- Reduced eating capacity, as a feeling of fullness sets in
- Urination changes including increased frequency and increased urge
If these symptoms are present for 2 to 3 weeks and do not resemble the regular digestive or menstrual problems, it is advisable to get it medically checked. The difference would be that they appear suddenly, do not disappear, and also bring general lethargy, back pain, indigestion, painful sexual intercourse, and menstrual cycle changes.
Questions to ask after the tests
When these symptoms persist, and a medical checkup is undertaken, the patients can a few questions to know more. Know the internal speed. Has the disease involved one or both ovaries? This extent of spread within will determine whether one or both ovaries need to be removed. Find out any external signs, as ovarian cancers can spread to other parts, and they should be checked before treatment and planning the cure/procedure.
Any of the above treatment modes will have side effects in terms of reduced immunity, watching out for recurrence, hormonal effects, etc. Nausea and vomiting would be severe during the initial chemotherapy. Removal of hysterectomy would bring about hormonal changes and increase risk for breast cancer. Understanding these will help in identifying recurrence and altering lifestyle and following up after the treatment.
This would include changes including diet modification, adequate social support, and leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent recurrence.
Factors that can reduce the risk
- Having babies
- Tubal ligation or hysterectomy
- Use of oral contraceptive pills
Charming Health - March 2017
- Importance of immunity cannot be under played under any circumstances.
- It is immunity which protects humans against all ailments.
- However, unfortunately it is going down due to pollution, wrong food habits, and misuse of antibiotics.
- It is now proved that immunity levels can be improved by several methods, namely Exercise, Right food habits, Scientific Fasting etc.
- Among all of them Fasting is definitely the most important and effective tool.
- One good occasion for fasting the Navaratry period. Celebrate it as Health Festival. This News letter has suggested the ritual to be followed, every time the Navaratry is around.
- The Vasant Navaratry this year is commencing from 28th March 2017.
- For the convenience of new members and for those who might have forgotten, the ritual is being again repeated in this News Letter under Health Tips. Follow it and prepare to protect against ailments lurking round the corner to attack, as soon as the Summer and Monsoon seasons arrive.
Observe Navaratry as suggested below:
NAVRATRI HEALTH TIPS:
DIET DURING NAVARATRY:
Depending upon the personal body constitution the procedure is divided in 4 Sections as follows:
A. Obese and Non Diabetic: Just stop all foods and start on plain Water or Lime water or Coconut water. Use a mix of these, for first seven days. Change to Fresh Fruit Juice or sugarless Juice, for two remaining days. On the tenth day take a light meal and then gradually come back to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 4-5 Kgs)
B. Obese and Diabetic: Stop all food. Start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice, preferably citrus, for all nine days. Divide the fruit juice in 4-5 equal parts. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 3-4 kgs)
C. Normal constitution: Stop all normal food. For first three days take nothing but water, lemon water or coconut water. From the fourth day onwards start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight loss, 2-3 Kgs)
D. Under weight and first timers: Stop Normal Food. Start on 4 to 5 Medium Bananas and one liter of pasteurized cow milk. Divide this food in three or four parts. Continue for nine days. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected weight Loss, Nil)
Other parts of the Therapy, (For all four sections):
- Take fresh water Enema every day. (Arrangement available at the Charming Yoga Center). Alternatively, buy the kit from the center and take enema at home- Training is provided free. For those who cannot take enema, take a big cup of Spinach soup every day. Though less effective, it is the best alternative.
- Under no circumstances, consume any fried food, or spicy food.
- Do not eat any so called Phalahri foods prepared from Kattu, Singhara/Rajgira Atta, Saboodana etc. Do not eat sweets made from milk or above mentioned attas.
- Drink lots of water. Total fluid intake should be about 3 liters per day.
- Do not stop your Normal Exercises or other Physical activities. Those who devote long hours on Pujas etc., and find no time for exercise, should add 40 minutes of walking every day.
- Those who chant sacred texts like Chandi Path or Durga Shapt Shati etc., sometimes feel drowsy during the chanting. They may, therefore, do their chanting along with walking. This will help chanting without getting drowsy. As a bonus, they will be bestowed with a healthier body.
- Those who cannot follow the whole course may do so for lesser number of days and increase gradually in subsequent Navaratry periods.
- The first timers and others should remain in a positive mood.
- Keep away from discouraging words and worried long faces.
These steps will definitely improve the immunity levels. And better immunity will help everyone remain healthy and active.
Let Maa Durga bestow good health upon all the readers.
- The winter is now gone.
- Vasant the king of all seasons is here.
- Be careful of Mosquito which are now already visible.
- Although the peak season of fruits and vegetables is going some summer fruits will replace them soon.
- Grapes are already here. Kinnows and Oranges are in plenty. The humble Melons and Water Melons are also ready to appear.
- Even the Ber is a fruit, full of nutrients. Do not ignore it.
- Bati is a popular food item in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In eastern India its other version, Litti is equally popular.
- In the past bati was baked upon half burnt cow dung cakes.
- It was a cumbersome process. Therefore though popular, it was a rarity.
- It can now be made in a much easier way.
- Prepare hard Dough from whole wheat atta and roll in round balls of the size of big lemons.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Then grill them in an oven till the colour changes to slight brown. Frequent turning them during baking is very important so that baties are evenly baked all around.
- For those who can eat fats may break the bati and sink it in ghee. Others can just roll them in ghee without breaking.
- Eat with any dal of choice.
- It is also possible to stuff the baties with mashed Potato, or Paneer, or Tofu etc.
- Baties can also be finely crushed and mixed with Gur and ghee.
- Prepared this way, baties are not only delicious but are also very healthy.
- Some people fry the dough balls. This must be avoided because frying destroys all nutritional values of wheat, otherwise available in Baties.
ADOPT NATUROPATHY FOR PERPETUAL GOOD HEALTH
IMPORTANT NOTE: This News Letter is being sent to you free of any cost or obligation. If you feel that your Friends/Relatives/Neighbors etc. can benefit from this News Letter, kindly provide their E-Mail addresses. If however you feel that this is an unnecessary encroachment upon your inbox, you can send a mail to the editor and it will be stopped.
I am 19 years old n I was suffering from scanty periods my doctor advised me for novelon aftr taking tst of whole abdomen n thyroid But now my periods are worst then before what to do.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Hi doc, I am married and me & my husband not planning for any kids now. So what precaution we should use for this. As my husband doesn't use condom and I am afraid that may be I get pregnant, so to stop this what should I use? I heard pills are not good for health and sometimes it's change the hormones also. please suggest me what should I do?
Our body goes through a myriad of changes that affect our sensual drive and performance, and it is all as part of the natural aging process. Both women and men begin experiencing decreased hormonal production starting as early as age 40.
Oxidation of the blood which plays a major role in healthy blood circulation starts to decrease at a relatively young age, further impairing sensual performance and satisfaction.?The good news is that there are many fresh, raw foods that help to counter the aging process and increase the nutrients vital to enhancing and maintaining a healthy sensual experience.
Start juicing for a healthy and natural enhancement of your sensual experience.EHC brings you juices that contain the highest concentration of sensually stimulating nutrients.
These are rich in potassium, which assists the body in reducing levels of sodium. Sodium increases the retention of water, a component of lowered libido due to its lessening of blood flow in the body. Bananas thus augment libido by combating erectile dysfunction.
These are an abundant source of antioxidants. These are especially important in cleansing your system of free radicals. Blueberries, through their high antioxidant powers, support the body?s ability to increase blood flow and deliver nutrients to muscles.
Like blueberries, cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, assisting the body?s ability to remove harmful ?free radicals? and increase blood flow. This is accomplished by their abundant resource of ?bioflavinoids,? compounds found in plants which trigger the natural production of nutritional enzymes necessary to heart health and the prevention of disease.
Ginger is rich in nutritional value, especially regarding male libido; just a little in your juice two or three times a week is needed to increase the flow of blood. Ginger is a powerful antioxidant, as well as an anti-inflammatory, both assisting in cleansing blood vessels and diminishing the probability of erectile dysfunction.
Watermelon stimulates the flow of blood by increasing the creation of nitrogen monoxide. This fruit is a rich source of the amino acid citrulline, which is converted in the body to nitric oxide.
Because this nut is rich in vitamin E, they are another great food for augmenting nitric oxide in the body, thus increasing blood flow. Add about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup to your juicer 2 or 3 times a week for excellent results.
Abundant in vitamin B compounds, eggs greatly reduce stress in men and women. Sensual power is greatly reduced by stress. In fact, stress is considered by many doctors to be the greatest cause of lowered libido.
Flaxseed oil is another food that increases blood flow as it is a rich source of omega-3 compounds. These act in the body to encourage the creation of nitric oxide, which is critical as an anti-oxidant nourishing the blood and reducing the possibility of erectile dysfunction.
Filled with omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, olive oil added to your juice ? this again encourages increased levels of testosterone in the body.
Few of us realize that whole milk is not only a great source of calcium and vitamin D, it also plays an excellent role in increasing the levels of testosterone in the body. Unpasteurized milk is much better primarily because you get nutrients that are destroyed by the pasteurization process. Local farms are a great source for unpasteurized products.
Avocados help augment drive, stamina, and energy due to their rich amount of folic acid. Use your blender to add avocados to your juice so as not to clog your juicer.
This fruit is a rich source of enzyme compounds, notably ?bromelain? which assist in the body?s digestive health and healing. Coupled with high amounts of vitamin B and potassium, bananas augment the body?s energy and libido.
This vegetable greatly increases female sexual satisfaction. Carrots assist the body?s ability to increase tissue sensation in a woman?s body due to their abundance in vitamin A.
Celery intensifies a woman?s libido due to its concentration of the hormone aldosterone, which helps maintain a healthy balance of water and sodium in the body.
Dark Green Veggies
These added to fresh juice augment the female sex drive due to their rich resource of the mineral zinc.
Pineapples assist the body in creating the hormone vetrogen, produced in large part by the abundant presence of manganese. Women especially require vetrogen for their libido and sexual satisfaction.
Not only does dark chocolate assist in the flow of blood and increased sensation by enlarging blood vessels in the body, it is also an excellent source of phenyl ethylamine. This compound affects the brain both as an ?analgesic? and anti-depressant.It also creates a sense of well-being.
Beets have been used for centuries, by the Romans, to stimulate sexual drive. Hence, even in the present times, people have been known to consume beet powder, supplements and juice to improve their sex life. Beet juice is loaded with nitrates, which are natural plant compounds. It is also believed to kick-start libido in men as well as women, regardless of their age.