Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Bhargav NathYour feedback matters!
Good experience and well guidance given by Dr. to my pregnant wife
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control. I am very lean n thin. Kindly suggest some diet / exercise / food items / dos n do nots / health supplements to gain weight or mass to look fit n confident in short span of time.
Insulin is critical for the overall functioning of the body, specifically when you are insulin resistant, and the body is compelled to store the food consumed as fat. Insulin resistance also leads to inflammation in the body leading to a host of health issues that anyone would not be prepared to deal with. Therefore, always look for means to improve insulin.
Here are some of these practical ways to accomplish it.
- Strength training and other non-aerobic activities: Exercise is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity since your cells and muscles are desperate for fuels during as well as after completion of the workout. Researchers are of the opinion that all sorts of physical activity are helpful but non-aerobic exercises can have the best impact on insulin health.
- Cook to increase resistant starch: Whenever you eat anything with high carbohydrate, it will readily increase your blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates rich in resistant starch fail to respond to the normal enzymes in the stomach which can help with improving insulin sensitivity.
- Avoid liquid fructose: Liquid fructose leads to fat gain around the abdomen and is connected to belly fat gain when taken in large quantities. Along with eradicating all the fructose containing beverages, you should also eliminate highly processed foods.
- Make sure you get enough magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral required for improving insulin sensitivity since it functions as natural insulin sensitizer which can exert positive effects on the insulin receptors in every cell of the body.
- Balance the healthy fatty acids: You should avoid trans-fatty acids since they can lead to plaque formation. Moreover, you must reduce the intake of processed oils and get more Omega fatty acids.
- Make healthy choices: Foods which can help in improving the body’s ability to store the carbs as muscle glycogen should be taken more often. These include green tea, vinegar, nuts and all sorts of herbs and spices.
- Include foods that can reduce the glycemic levels: This means that you should choose whole foods rather than refined foods since they can help in slow surging of the blood sugar intake. This gives the body a chance to regulate the insulin efficiently instead raising the blood sugar levels.
- Indulge in endurance exercises: If you prefer endurance training, it can have a good effect on your insulin sensitivity. Endurance training can improve insulin sensitivity which decreases the requirement of insulin for clearing a considerable amount of glucose from the bloodstream.
Insulin is a vital hormone which can control your blood sugar levels. It secreted by the pancreas and help in removing the sugar in the blood. With these 8 simple lifestyle and dietary changes, you can improve the insulin utilization in your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
I am 33years male Wight 70kg diabetic since 1year last week sugar is 91 fasting 170 post lunch I am taking capative0.2mg 2times. Voglitor M. D. 0.2 afternoon since one week I am feeling weaknesses & tiredness and when getting up in the morning my legs are paining pls help me sir.
What are the symptoms of diabetes nd what precautions a diabetic person should take? Nd what is the symptoms of low bp?
I tested my diabetes it was 220 after lunch. Can I take sugar free table for sweetness in sweet dishes.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.