Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Begum FaridaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from periods problem. I had a sex with my bf on 9 july after my period came 21 july to 28 july then august and sep. They didn't come and I had check pregnancy test in 2 times its negative. please tel me I am pregnant or not.
Hi. My prignent hona chahati hoon mera period details ye hai month 12 say 17 tak hy kab sex kab tak karay tho my prignent ho Sakti hu. 2 months back abortion huya hy mera please suggets me.
I am 19 years old I have been having severe stomachache from last almost 5 days. Its also not my menstrual cycle going on. I am afraid if it is stones in my stomach. What should I do? I tried remedies but.
Hi, I have pcod and im not getting my regular periods. So much of white discharge. Im feeling too low. Im getting so much of back pain and needs pain. Pls help.
Instead of stocking up on chocolate as glucose boosters, try high-fibre, low sugar oat bars. These take care of your cravings.
Hi Doc, My friend got married last Oct after 7 yrs. Of affair. Interestingly she and her partner were very true to each other and never became intimate during der affairship. Now the issue is dat dey haven't had sex ever since got married cause she is highly traumatized about the pain it would cause n on the other hand her better half doesn't know how to begin in short how to do sex? there is alot of luv betweeen them but now dis is killing there relationship. please help.
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
Hi, I am 14 weeks 2 days pregnant but not showing. I felt slight butterflies in my abdomen 1 week back but now i dont feel anything. I feel slight cramps while walking and sleeping and some incerase in white/creamy color discharge also. USG done on 13th and all was fine. Cramps are like some pressure is there , and sometimes on only left or right side. Can i get my USG done again.Is it harmful ? i have already 4 USG's done. Please help
My haemoglobin, mcv, mch, haematocrit levels are low and rdw level is high. Do I have iron deficiency anemia. Also my eosinophils level is 1550/cumm. Do I also have hes.
Monthly discharge is not regular. Coming after two months & when started discharge is very high. Please help me.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"