Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Guwahati and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arunima Das
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arunima DasYour feedback matters!
Are you of the belief that brushing after all your meals is all that it takes to keep your mouth healthy?
If brushing is all that you are doing, you have to re-think your oral hygiene regime. Apart from brushing your teeth, you have to add flossing to your regime if you want to keep your mouth healthy.
No matter how many toothpastes and toothbrushes promise to reach every corner of your mouth, you have to floss to get the tricky bits out. The paste and the brush manage to get plaque off of a large portion of your mouth. But between the teeth, the accumulation of plaque and food cannot be removed by brushing no matter how thin the bristles are. By flossing you not only get the plaque out of between your teeth, you can target areas, which might have food stuck and get it cleaned.
When you floss you are not only protecting your teeth but are safeguarding your gums as well. The tartar that gets built up, at the gums, can cause infections like Gingivitis. As you floss you scrape the tartar away from the gums keeping them healthy.
If you leave the plaque and decaying food between your teeth you are encouraging decay in your mouth. The decay not only causes permanent damage to your teeth and gums but can cause bad breath as well. If you are suffering from bad breath you might just get the floss out and start flossing regularly. So, flossing can also help reduce your bad breath.
Without flossing your mouth is sure to have tartar accumulation that can cause a number of health problems. Some mouth infections can take a toll on your heart. Your healthy smile can also mean a healthy heart.
Flossing and brushing must go hand in hand for the benefit of your oral hygiene. Both are equally important if you do not wish to have painful teeth and gum infections.
I want to go for ceramic braces. Please suggest me. Is this the best way to get an attractive smile. What would be cost and time for treatment?
I have power in my teeth Cleaned several times from dentist But grow extra teeth from gums It's not fixed Causing gum bleeding.
I had pain in my lower molar tooth. Went to dentist he did root canal opening and called me for next appointment but I miss placed my prescription paper and now having severe pain too. Took combiflam bt still pain is Der. Can anyone suggest medication for same.
I have more affected alser problem. My mouth has spread too bad smell. What I have to take get cure.
I had a minor accident due to which my two upper front teeth cusp broken. So what should be best for my teeth.
I am a 19 year old male. And I have bad breath problem how do I overcome on this problem I feel shy whenever I speaks with my friends please help me I did so many thing to avoid this problem parmenantly but not succeed give me a parmenant solution. Thank u.
I HV pain in my tooth from last three month after I took tooth treatment. After that my other tooth started paining. I can't eat from my ryt side.
Sir my front three teeth are capped. But I feel some gap at the back of teeth not much but I feel with tongue. It shakes when I try to but very lightly. So is there any problem. And if I have to get it removed with new tgan can it be done in one day in your clinic as I am working and cnt bear that toothless embarrassment.
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.