Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
- Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly: The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
- Your pregnancy is considered high risk: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
- You should watch out for signs of ketosis: When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
- You need Vitamins and Supplements: Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
- You should exercise regularly: Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
- Check your medication: Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.
My wife had her ovaries & uterus removed due to infection in a laparoscopic operation in May 2014.Now, she is having minor discharge occasionally. Doctors have checked & say it could be due to vaginal infection and prescribed medicines. But it continues. What could be the reason?
I had itching, swelling and redness problem in vagina. I used flyover on. Vagina ,the swelling and redness problem is more but sometimes I feel itching and the discharge from vagina is different (yellowish. What should I use to get these two problems solved?
I had oral sex with my partner on January 6 .Penis touched only outer surface of vagina before ejaculation but she was saying that she found some sticky substance outside it. We are not sure that it is from penis of from her inside. We are afraid of unwanted pregnancy. Kindly help us what to do.
Castor oil is one of the best natural home remedy that is available at many medicine shop or grocery shops. Castor oil has anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties and can be used in various other problems too. For using castor oil in fracture, dip a clean cotton cloth in castor oil and wrap it around that particular bone, cover the cloth with duct tape and leave for one or two nights. It will strengthen your bones and help to remove fracture.
Kalonji Or Black Caraway Seed
Kalonji can do wonders in fractures. Its high medicinal properties and contents make it very useful in almost all of minor health problems including fracture of bones. Kalonji contains zinc, iron, phosphorus and many compounds along with antibiotic qualities. For using kalonji for fracture, take kalonji or black caraway seeds oil and massage that particular area of bones two times a day for 10-12 days. You will feel better after using it.
Turmeric is another wonderful gift of nature to the mankind that can be extensively useful in various problems like skin infections, in injuries, various mouth related problem and in fracture too. It has various wonderful medicinal qualities like anti oxidant, antiseptic and anti inflammatory. For using turmeric in fractures, drink turmeric with milk at least twice a day to recover quickly. Another old method is make paste of turmeric and onion, make a poultice of this paste and put it on the affected part. You can also tie it with some plastic wraps for 1-2 days.
Tying With Wooden Piece
This is one of the methods that I myself have experienced. This looks simple but it is very effective, the only limitation is you can’t use it on every bones, it can only be applied on leg or hand. For using take a small wooden piece and tie it with cotton cloth or plastic on the affected bone area for 10- 12 hours.
This method is also worth a try for bone fractures. It is very simple to use and can be very effective. For using put some eyes on a cotton cloth and apply slowly around the affected part for 5-10 mints, repeat this 4-5 times a day to see its effect
I am getting pregnant 1st tym I am nervous and I want to know that is my sad mood affect my baby growth I am 1.5 mnth pregnant tel me my current situation.
Vomiting heavily as she is pregnant when they will get reduced. She is in third month at present. Please advise.
I want to loose weight after pregnancy just before delivery I ws 70 nd aftr almost three months of delivery my weight has shooted up to 76 docter has suggested to do GTT ie Glucose Tolerance test as I was having gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Can loosing weight help me? ? R der any chances of me having daibetes I dont experience any symptoms if daibetes
I hav a baby 11 months old. We r not planning for other this time. But we want unprotected sex . . Kindly share measures about this and any methods to avoid pregnancy .
Hi am 25th week of pregnant. Before my 6th month I use to get motions regularly but now after I stepped into 6th month am not getting motions properly sometimes I skip a day without proper motion. M worried a lot. Give me some suggestions.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy
I have periods for 10 or 11 days although the bleeding is negligible after 7 days. Is this normal. When period delays the bleeding converts into clots and my belly looks fat. Is this the symptom of swelling in uterus.
Dear Dr's hello Dr. meri wife ko 24 Oct 2016 ko baby hua hai. So Ab hum yeh janana chatai hai ki ab hum kab Sex kr saktai hain aur Sex krtai huai kin baton ka dhiyan rakhai kiyon abhi meri wife ki delivery hui hai. Please ans thoda detail mai dijia ga thanks.
Study from spain, diabetologia. Sept 15.