Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan is one of the most prestigious ENT Surgeons in Guwahati. He has been giving dedicated services to his patients for the past 13 years. He completed his MS (ENT) from Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Guwahati in 2004. He has been an Assistant Professor at the Department of ENT at Pramukhswami Medical College in Anand, Gujarat.
Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan is well known for all the effective services that he provides. They include Cochlear Implant Procedure, Hearing Aid Fitting, Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure, Congenital Ear Problem treatment, treatment of Nasal disorders, treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis), treatment of Throat and Voice problems, Nosebleed (Epistaxis) treatment, treatment of Hearing and Speech Impairment, Hearing Aid Fitting and treatment of foreign particles in Eyes, Ears and Nose. Dr. Jyoti Bhuyan is concerned with providing his patients with healthcare of highest quality.
Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan is available at Dispur Polyclinic and Nursing Home, Hengrabari Road, Ganeshguri in Dispur, Guwahati, Monday to Saturday, 12 PM to 3 PM. He is also available at the Northeast ENT Institute, House no. 1, Nayanpur Road in Ganeshguri, Guwahati, Monday to Saturday, 10 AM-2 PM and 6PM-8 PM.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anjan Jyoti BhuyanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Due to my nasal and sinus allergy care i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I was suffering from nasal and sinus allergy care for such a long time. I searched this Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan online and saw his reviews. I was admitted to the North East ENT institute. in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. I am really grateful as his nasal and sinus allergy care has give me a ray of hope. The lab in the North East ENT institute. was very clean and well managed. With the help of his treatment for nasal and sinus allergy care I am feeling so great. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions.
I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan guided me to change my attitude. Never thought I will suffer from something foreign body in eyes, ears, nose and throat like this. The overall atmosphere in the North East ENT institute. is very soothing. He is a very practical doctor. Even though Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely.
I was quite depressed due to my ear lobe condition, but Dr Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan guided me to change my attitude. It's been more than a year that I was looking for ear lobe correction. The entire North East ENT institute. was spotlessly, clean. No matter how critical be the situation, the is always very calm. In the very first sitting, Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan clearly told us what the treatment procedure will be in future. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan to anyone gladly.
I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan and the glue ear treatment I didn't lose hope. I remember, I read an article of his in the paper and made contact. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. It was so quite pleasant in the North East ENT institute.. The glue ear problem was increasing day by day. He is very patient with all his patients.
He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Initially the symptoms of nasal disorders were not that severe but then it became worse. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. I am so much benefitted with his treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of throat ache. It's been more than a month now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself and Dr Anjan has helped me in resolving the issue. He ensures that he listens to his patients. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the pain.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my nose condition. Dr Anjan helped me alot to deal with it. he gave me Rhinoplasty which benefitted me to great extent. Thanks to him for the perfect advice. With great ease , he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern of allergy properly. The i visited DRAnjan Jyoti Bhuyan at his clinic North East ENT institute. in ganeshguri They have proper facilities for disabled patients as well.
nice behavior with a geart response to patient queries..........hospital is also good. dey have taken gud care of each nd every patient...over all experience is gud...thnk u...
Dr Bhuyan is a decent HCP who takes care at every moment. We can call him at any time if have health hazards.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan to be very helpful. Thank you so much Doctor
Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan sir really good doctor. I want to say him "Thank you so much sir".
Shagun Maini Gupta
Dr. Anjan Jyoti Bhuyan provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you Sir
Sir is too good with his patients. Behaviour is so nice diagnosis too good
Very Good and listening the problem and describe it in a descent manner.
Very pointed treatment.satisfied.
Very satisfied with the care.
Very good doctor in Guwahati
very good doctor
he is good
I have received a blow to my left ear 1 day ago. I started to hear a ringing sound for some time. After some time, the ringing sound disappeared but from then my left ear is feeling clogged and I am not able to hear properly with my left ear. A little pain is also there in my ear. I feel there is a rupture in my left eardrum because when I press my nose and blow out air, I feel and hear air coming out of the eardrum. Will this lead to permanent hearing loss? Will it heal automatically and should I consult a doctor? What precautions should I take so that middle ear infections do not take place?
I am suffering from tonsil problem. My throat is paining. I am not able to take food .the tonsil has became reddish. I have bought medicine GUDCEF-200 from market but no change. Please suggest me some measures to cure this problem. thanks.
My wife is of 64 yrs, she had bleeding from nose profusely and she wad admitted in hospital Dombivali because I we were there for festivals. She was medicated for High BP, and was discharged after seeing progress with discharge medication of BP and a file of BotroClot Topical solution with instruction to put 4-5 drops in the nose after bleeding reduces. Please suggest the next course action to be taken.?
Hi Sir/Madam, I am suffering from cold and cough nearly a week I took tablets but it is not cured what should I do.
X day report of my 7 years old son shows haziness both in maxillary and frontal sinuses .what should I do ?is it dangerous?
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of a lot of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
- Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
- Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
- Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are a number of parts in the human body, which cannot be easily accessed. In times of disease or other complications, it becomes difficult for doctors and other medical practitioners to access those areas of the body in order to facilitate proper treatment. This not only leads to aggravation of the disease and further complications, but also prolongs the agony. However, technological advancements have made it possible for surgeries and other medical interventions to become easier.
Surgery for the skull base using endoscopy has become the chosen path these days. The reasons for these are as follows:
- The intrusion is minimum.
- There are no ugly scars or stitch marks.
- The patient feels the least amount of pain as compared to any other method of operation.
- It is likely to be far more effective.
The people who choose to go for this sort of an operation are most likely to be suffering with problems with regard to:
- Spinal cord
Since bones and cartilages makeup a major part of the skull structure, the medical practitioner who will be entrusted with the job of taking care of the complexity should be well-versed with the history or cause of the development of the following:
- Cysts that have developed over the years
- Problems which a person may be born with
- Cancerous swellings which may aggravate as the years go by
- Tumours which may not be that harmful as long as they are taken care of swiftly
- Fluid leaks which may make their way to other parts of the body
Different skull bade surgeries are done through nasal endoscope by an ENT surgeon. For example pituitary tumor surgery, repair of brain fluid leakage surgery, etc. Usually, below given are two types of endoscopic skull base surgery, which may be required for a person:
- The minimally invasive type, which does not cause much of an opening
- Open surgery where an incision has to be made in the facial area or somewhere in the vicinity of the complication
Nonetheless, both these measures are equally beneficial and effective as far as outcomes are concerned. Patients who come up with such complaints usually have symptoms like inability to hear properly, numbness, headache and dizziness, and facial pain. These are some of the preliminary signs when a person should get a check up immediately. Also, chemotherapy and radiation therapy can be considered to be some of the options that can be used in conjunction with the endoscopy method of skull base surgery. That way, the chances of a positive outcome will be higher. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.