Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Sie mere ear mey 10 years se prblm h mere ear ke dono ear drums gal gay h or usmey hole bhi.Kya yh bina opperation ke hemopathic se thikh ho skte h
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
33 weeks old boy baby born on 27th July now 5th day. My baby is now in icu. Baby and me are different hospital. My breast milk production started, now the breast have pain. How can I stopped temporarily. Dr. said baby will stay in icu still 4 days.
My six month old baby passes greenish watery stool 2 to 3 times a day but some times he passes normal stool. It is happening for the last 15 days. What should I do now? Please help.
I have 5 years old daughter. Every night she do bed wet 2-3 times. I tried some medicine but not any response Please guide me what I do?
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My daughter has very high fever, above 102 degrees, more for more than 48 hrs. Have given her crocin syrup 4 times in a day, also done Patti on forehead, but fever is not coming down. What disease could it be. Also need to show someone in Sohna road Gurgaon - pls suggest.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.
My daughter is 1.5 year old. Any change in climate impacts her. Right now monsoon is on. She has developed immense cough. Her pediatrician told to give nebulizer. Thought of switching to homeopathy but friends suggested that with home you will have to combine allopath. Quite confused as I do not want to give my daughter heavy doses of antibiotics many times. Please help and guide.
Sir mari beti 1 year ki honaaa wali h WO stand nhi ho paati koi prob to nhi h mari bdi beti 7 mhinaaa ki bjagna lgi thi aisaaa kyu. Or mari choti beti bht kamjor h PR WO khatiii bht h hr tym bhukiii hi rhti h.maiii kya kruu ab.
Dr. I have adopted a 3 month baby boy. He is very thin & Unhealthy. What to give him for his healthy growth. He is vomiting very much.& his stool is irregular. Once a week or once 4 or 5 days after. What to give him for his growth.
Hi I have 10 days old baby. And my wife says that He has a gilti on the super side of head. What is the issue for it.
My daughter is 15 years old. She is suffer from swelling and pain in a gland in neck below the right side jaw since 15 days. This is not tonsil. please advise.
Hi, My nephew is 2 years old. He had born at 8 months (premature) due to blood pressure problem of mother. At the age of 9 months old (means after 9 months he born) he suffered benisn infantile seizure. Doctor prescribed him drop called TRIOPTAL for six month duration. Now he is 2 years old by 25 Sep 2016. NOW WHEN HE FELL DOWN AND GOT HURT TO HIS MOUTH AND HEAD HE CRY A LOT AND GOES FOR (FREEZE) FOR SOME OF 2-3 sec. Is that sign of SEIZURE OR UNCONSCIOUS. He did it 3 times from last 20 days. Pls help me m very tense. We referred an Ayurvedic Dr. He said its due to not enough oxygen or blood reached to brain while crying the child goes for freeze for while 2-3 sec. He prescribed syrup called SUVARNA VACHADI YOG daily 2 drop for 8 years. Should I implement it or consult some further PAEDIATRICS. Pls help.
My 8 month old grand daughter is unable to hold or lift her head. What are the probable causes. Which check do you suggest for diagnosis.
My 4 year child having fever since 3 days urine, blood, taifide test already done nothing on it but fever still there as per Doctor it is viral fever will take 3 more days please suggest.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.