Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogesh Rao
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh RaoYour feedback matters!
My one front teeth is broken and it look to bad and I cannot talk to people with confidence and I just want to know the cost for fixing my broken teeth.
I have pain and swelling in my back teeth. I checked by doctor and he told me that your akkal jaad is coming. And now I am facing so much pain and I am not able to eat any thing. please help me.
The tooth may seem like a hard, white structure, but it has a complex supply of blood and nerve vessels that give it the essential nutrition. From outside in, the tooth has 3 layers the enamel which is the hard white substance, the dentin which is next, and then the pulp under it where there is a fine supply of blood vessels and nerves. When the pulp is affected in any manner, trauma or infection, then tooth pain ensues and requires treatment.
While extraction was the norm earlier, now all efforts are made to preserve a tooth. RCT preserves the natural tooth by removing the infected nerve and blood vessels, cleaning up the canal, and sealing the canals from inside so that further infection does not happen.
Preserved chewing function, normal biting force and sensation, preserved natural appearance, and reduced strain on other teeth, thereby maintaining oral harmony. As complex as it may sound, it is usually done in 3 to 4 appointments, giving the tooth enough time to heal in between. The patient is iven antibiotics so that any infection is cleared out.
So, when should root canal treatment (RCT) be done?
- Infection: The most common indication of RCT would be infection. When decay crosses the enamel and dentin, which can be treated completely with simple restorations, and reaches the pulp, pain ensues. In fact, pain is the first symptom that decay has reached the pulp. Though in very superficial infections, it can be treated with pulp capping, in most cases, RCT is done to clear out the infection and preserve the tooth.
- Faulty dental procedures: If there has been a dental procedure done on the tooth earlier and it has failed, could be a crown or repeated fillings for decay, then RCT is the next logical decision.
- Cracked tooth: If there is a cracked tooth, especially vertical crack along the length of the tooth, then the chances that infection will reach the pulp through the crack are high. These teeth are usually root canal treated to preserve the natural dentition.
- Trauma or accidents: With the impact of the trauma, there might be no obvious damage to the tooth but it could lead to death of the vital pulp. These show up as discolored teeth over time. These require RCT and a crown placement.
- Teeth in the line of cancers or cysts: Before surgery or radiation is done, it is usually safe to root canal treat the tooth in the line of treatment (or sometimes remove them) before surgery or radiation is done.
Root canal treatment helps both by keeping the original tooth intact and by removing the danger that arises out of infection or trauma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!