Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yamuna
Submit a review for Dr. YamunaYour feedback matters!
Chemotherapy can be frightening, and the very thought of going through it can be an ordeal for most people. Many resources and tips can be used to minimize the discomfort and lessen the burden. Let us have a look at a few of these.
- Support network: Chemotherapy can be physically daunting and more than the treatment a person needs all the emotional and moral support he/she can get. Have friends and family always by your side. You can have peace of mind when there is a person you can trust and bank upon in taking care of you.
- Discuss the medication with your oncologist: Before understanding the treatments have a detailed discussion about the current medication you are undergoing, as this may hamper the chemotherapy treatment. The dosage has to be adjusted accordingly.
- Keep the body hydrated: Your body gets dehydrated on the day of the treatment. Please ensure that the body is properly hydrated and plenty of fluids are there in the body.
- Be comfortable: Taking chemotherapy can have an effect on your morale. Hence make sure that you are keeping yourself occupied with books and games or your favorite music to while away the time.
- Wear comfortable clothes: This makes all the difference in the treatment as having loose fitting clothes can relive pressures in your mind. Always choose clothes that you are comfortable in.
- Ask questions: Chemotherapy treatments can and will cause side effects. Hence ask and keep yourself updated as much as possible. More importantly after the treatment ask questions on the possible recuperation period and how best to go about it.
- Symptoms of nausea and vomiting: It is natural that most of the patients feel light headed or have a vomiting sensation when undergoing the treatment. Always make sure that the doctor or the nurse knows about it. Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Some medications to prevent nausea can be had along with the chemotherapy drugs.
- Avoiding infection: Chemotherapy affects the immune system of the body. Hence it can get easily susceptible to diseases. Have a general cleanliness around your surroundings. Avoid crowds if possible and keep your hands always clean and wear clean, comfortable clothes that don't stick to the body.
- Right diet: Chemotherapy makes you prone to weight loss. Hence having the desired nutritional levels is mandatory. Consult a dietician and eat healthy. It is not advisable to gain weight either during or after chemotherapy.
- Adequate Rest: Our body needs all the rest that it can get when undergoing chemotherapy. Make sure that the body gets proper sleep and is relaxed. You can try for meditation and simple yoga exercises that can help in rejuvenating the body.
- Skin Care: Prolonged treatment can affect the moisture content in the skin. Have a good skin cream and lotions handy to take care of it. In some cases, chemotherapy causes hair fall. Make sure that a proper wig or a treatment plan is made beforehand to take care of the issues.
Chemotherapy treatment can be emotionally daunting. Having a few precautions like the ones stated above can make all the difference in how successful we are in coping with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Will I get cancer if chew tobacco. I have been chewing it for about 2 years now. If I leave it now, will the chance of cancer be gone.
I am having a small lump with 2cm pus in my right breast. This has happened jst after my delivery when my baby stopped having my feed. please suggest how it can be cure now as its already been more than half month and there is no such improvement.
I am a 62 years man. I had a complete executive check up a done 15 days back. Everything ok, except marginal enlargement of prostate that the doctor said was tolerable for the age. However my right side of the neck region gets sore when in air-conditioned room in this summer. Why?
What is the symptoms of cancer and AIDS. What kind of medicine will be good for this disease. Please help me.
I am 19 And feeling little heaviness in my throat I think it is cough. But it's not out while coughing. When I cough it feel very dry and during breathing it feels like something is stuck I used various home remedies like Steam Ginger Salt water gargle But it Didn't work. I think the reason would be because of smoking or drinking I have just stopped the smoking. Otherwise I use to smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. But I have stopped it because of this. From past few weeks I was taking drink like whisky. Whiskey was taken twice or sometime thrice a week.. My whole lungs are clean. The only thing is I am feeling roughness in my neck And its not getting clean since a 4 days. What should I do no. And also a basketball player. So I use to run 5 km a day And a Normal light weight training. I need a advice what should I do. And one thing more. Does 5 months of smoking leads to any type of cancer in my body?. Lungs cancer or voice box cancer. Please help me. thanks.
How does cancer occurs? How can we identify the cancer. And how can be prevent the cancer? What are the medicine to cure cancer?
He was suffered and cured prostate gland in 2013 through surgery and till that time to now he was OK but three months ago he had a problem of extra urine or we can say frequently urine problem I, e 15 times in a night. We have consult urologist and also have done so many tests but problem is as it is. He only feel relieve during medicines. Now the major problem arises now a days is insomnia and huge swelling on face and all. Doctors told to consult no one. What should we do? We don't understand please give advice us.
Over 95 percent of malignancies arising in the prostate are adenocarcinoma. The remaining types include urothelial carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, lymphoma and sarcomas.
Core needle biopsy of the prostate is used to determine whether or not cancer is present in men with an elevated serum PSA level and/or an abnormal digital rectal examination.
The recommendation is to take multiple core biopsies under transrectal ultrasound guidance.
Primary diagnosis of prostate cancer by using fine needle aspiration is not acceptable.
When positive, the combined Gleason score, based upon architectural features of the prostate cancer cells, should be reported because it correlates closely with clinical behavior and has been incorporated into the tumor node metastasis (TNM) prognostic group staging system.
One should also report number of positive cores, the percentage (or length) of cancer in the positive core, the presence of perineural invasion or extraprostatic extension, and the presence of histologic types other than conventional adenocarcinoma.
The accuracy of pathological diagnosis of prostate cancer can be improved by using immunohistochemistry markers.