Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vipul RastogiYour feedback matters!
I always get sick sometimes twice a week with different type of sickness like nausea, tonsillitis,UTI, fever,body ache. Ill consult a Dr. And ill be fine for a while however sometimes dosent need to consult doctor I got fine without Doctor as well there are different types of sickness wich I got not only this, can this be because of weak immune system? Please help im really tired of getting sick all the time and nausea is very common sickness in me I nearly get used to it.Please tell.
4 ways couple yoga can take your fitness and relationship to the next level
Different from traditional yoga (involving a single person only), couple yoga involves the merging of your body rhythm with that of another person. This sync between partners is achieved through touch, movement, breath and body positions. The benefits that you gain from this practice are not only limited to your body but extend to your relationship too.
Far from the seriousness that you usually associate with traditional yoga, couple yoga allows the two of you to be more happy and playful. This is because trying to get the right pose with your partner can lead to a fair share of fun and laughter. You not only have to figure how to get into that pose, but also how to hold it.
In terms of how it affects your fitness levels, couple yoga can.
1. Strengthen your core
Couple yoga comprises of poses that strengthen your core, leading to improved metabolism and overall strength. The varied poses that you'll come across in this form of practice strive to engage the muscles of your back and abdomen, which are crucial in building your core strength. Double boat pose and side plank pose are two of such core strengthening poses. You can check out these various poses online.
2. Boost immunity
Whether it's your nervous system or the digestive system, the different yoga poses (like the child poses or the upward dog pose) bring about the stimulation of one or more of the body's systems, leading to a bolstering of your immune system.
Here's how couple yoga can deepen your relationship -
1. It builds trust
The practice of couple yoga can help build trust as certain poses call for trusting your partner implicitly. Difficult yoga poses may require you to hold onto your partner to stay balanced; and this total dependence on the other person creates a sense of confidence and comfort as you realise that your partner is there for you. A case in point is the partner tree pose, which can be both entertaining and challenging. It calls for great amount of trust and balance to sustain this pose successfully.
2. It improves intimacy between the two of you
Apart from all the fun, there's to this form of yoga, couple yoga also calls for a certain level of intimacy. While practicing it, you not only get to learn your own limitations but also those of your partner, helping you to accept all of them. The opening poses (heart hug) serves to do just that, it opens the two of you up so that you can fall in sync. Gestures like placing your hand on the heart of your partner, feeling the other person's heartbeat and keeping pace with each other's breathing serve to strengthen the bond between you two.
While improving your health and fitness levels, couple yoga strives to improve your relationship with your partner and help the two of your to explore patterns and aims within your relationship.
Related Tip: Yoga Vs. Gymming- Find Out What Works Best for You
Hi, I am 35 years having stammering problem since birth and same have been improved a lot as I grown up. I am trying further to improve it but it still persist. Tried some of the advices like chanting, yoga etc. To improve but unable to see major effects. Need to overcome from this on immediately. Can anybody help me to recover from this problem.
Hi. I wanna ask dat I do not lyk parties I do not get comfortable in a group n I do not lyk to hang out wid frnz I do not lyk to talk much I get angry so easily n feel lyk to escape. Is it ok. I do not have frnz bcz of this nature.
How to increase my mental power and imagination skills? Is there any exercise or acupressure point that could help me.
Dear Doctor, My brother has schizophrenia for more than 8 years now. He is not able to get recovered from his situation. Though he is able to talk to us like a normal person, he is not able to take a responsibility. He is jobless and showing no interest in anything. I am worried about his future. He is under medication. But he is not getting better. Medicines control his hallucinations for the time being. But it's not curing him completely. Please advice.
I'm forgetting my things anywhere for one year and I try everything for this but nothing held so. How I replace this problem.
I am having depression and anxiety from last 7 years. I am taking medicines for depression from last 7 years. I am IT teacher in a school. I feel lethargy and laziness daily. I am unable to follow my daily routine. I daily struggle to go to school. I feel low in energy. What is the reason for lethargy, laziness and low energy. I sometimes do meditation for 15 minutes. I want to be physically strong, energetic and active. What should I do?
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am interested to take homeopathic medicine for anxiety. But currently I am having allopathy medicine is it a problem.
For a fully functional and productive life, a person requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. Mental health issues could range from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, dementia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, autism and other causes. Hence, it is important that a person pays attention to these mental health disorders to avoid further problems in their lives, as well as the lives of the people around them.
Here are a few reasons as to why a person should not avoid or ignore their mental health problems:
- Better Physical Health: There is a solid association between the brain and the body. In case you are in physical pain, your work and family life might be influenced or you will be unable to do the activities you might like. This can prompt anxiety, nervousness and depression. People with physical health issues are three times more prone to look for mental health care than those without physical conditions as physical health problems can prompt mental distress and mental health issues can impair your physical health.
- Enhanced Productivity and Financial Stability: Stressful situations may trigger reactions that can make a person unproductive and lead to financial problems as well. Some people end up abandoning their homes, going bankrupt or homeless after trying to manage some sort of mental illness.
- Less Strain on the Family: Mental sickness or disorders influence families as well. The children of individuals with mental health issues are at more serious danger for misuse, disregard and an extensive variety of emotional and behavioral issues. Since they cannot look up to their parents for help and they frequently isolate themselves from their friends and most of them do not get the required social backing. Much of the time, the impact extends into adulthood, driving children to look for psychological or mental treatment of their own.
- Evasion of Crime and Victimization: A few studies recommend that individuals with untreated mental health, particularly in combination with other risk factors, might be at risk of carrying out criminal activities, violence or most probably becoming victims themselves. The danger increases gradually when the individual uses medications or alcohol or has acute symptoms. It could also happen if they are not aware of their mental state or have a poor adherence to medication. Usually, acts of violence happen against relatives or somebody in the individual's nearby group of friends or in close proximity to them.
- A Longer, Happier Life: Individuals with even a mild mental health issue may have a lower life expectancy and a short life span. Those with the largest amounts of depression or nervousness had the danger of death that increased an incredible ninety-four percent, mostly identified with heart diseases.