Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vipul Rastogi
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vipul RastogiYour feedback matters!
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer’s disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Mental illness or disorders are not uncommon, and they continue to affect millions of people around the globe irrespective of their ages and sex. Such disorders often require thorough and prolonged treatment, which is extremely challenging and involves a lot of risks as well. If not treated appropriately, it can lead to further worsening of the condition of the affected individual.
To keep affected individuals grounded and on course for an effective treatment, it is essential for their family members to support them. Many people employ psychiatrists, whose expertise in handling mentally unstable individuals, can be the difference between the success and failure of treatments.
Role Of Family In Caring Affected individual-
No matter how distant you feel from your family, it is your one true support system. People with mental conditions are often misunderstood by their own families. But such people need family care, love, and affection the most. Many mentally disturbed people, both young and old, experience worsening symptoms, because no one seems to understand, or even empathize with them. Families can help affected individuals by listening to them without being biased - like taking care of their needs that they can't take care of on their own.
Benefits of Family Involvement
The benefits that the mentally ill individual gets from family involvement, have far-reaching positive consequences on the overall effectiveness of treatment. First and foremost, the chances of recovery are highly increased. The rates of hospitalization and chances of relapse decrease significantly. In addition to this, the adherence to the choices of treatment is readily enhanced. A lot of money is saved as well, as family support often leads to an improvement in conditions within a short space of time. Whereas, without family support, the treatment may be prolonged.
Support of the Psychiatrist
Apart from the complete support of the family members, the psychiatrist plays an important supporting role that can significantly increase the chances of successful treatment. Psychiatrists undergo the study of psychiatry, a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis, study, prevention and treatment of disorders related to the mental health of human beings.
A psychiatrist conducts a detailed clinical assessment of the mentally ill individual and chalks out a treatment plan accordingly. The family can help as per the directions of the psychiatrist, and hence the support is quite vital. Psychiatrists regularly conduct counseling sessions to assess the condition of the affected individuals, so that they can recover soon.
Recovery may be difficult initially, but with support systems like families and psychiatrists, the problems are bound to be resolved eventually. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ek mera friends hai oh bhot bemar hai treatments bhi kra deya fir bhi koi result nahi hai ek to pairo me dard rahta hai or chalne ka mann nahi karta or nind aati hai or weakness lagne lagta hai chakkar bhi aata hai or apne haath se galt kaam karta hai use lat lag gya hai us ke bina nahi rah pata 2 ya 3 din pe lagular karta hai please aap bta dejiye kuch jo jaldi ye sab theek kr le 19 saal ka hai.
My mom works a lot. Her age is 46. Recently she lost her sister. Nd she remains depressed all the time. More over me and my brother, we both live in separate towns apart from our parents. So it's not possible for us to stay with them. I this situation what should we do to feel her better nd pull her out from her situation. Is there any medicine which she can use to get back normal. Thanks in advance .
I am 30 years old .i am suffering ocd cleaning problem in last two years. Give suggestion about this problem.
Sometimes I just in deep depression at that time I afraid so much and I also think I may die due this disease. What are the medications that I required ?
I am 17 years old and I am suffering weak memory since last 5 years. I haven't treated past years. But my concentration and memory is becoming poor. Please advice me how I improve myself.
About one year my thoughts always thinking about dying and I am not interested in my life like this.What should I do?
Hello doctors My mother in law is suffering from Parkinson's advanced disease. Is there any treatment whom we have to consult? Till now we have visited almost all hospitals located in my place (hyderabad) .Is there're any hope that we can get her to normal position?
Anxiety disorders are serious issues amongst individuals of all ages today. It is a psychological feeling of uneasiness or fear about something, which can create other physiological and behavioral changes in a human being and can even drive a a person crazy. It can be characterized by symptoms such as sweating palms, rapid heartbeat, muscle tension, dry mouth, which arise due to various reasons such as face of fearing the crowd, stage-fright, doubt about facing a difficult situation, fear of failure or rejection and many more.
Homeopathy comes into this picture with a unique recovery program for such kinds of anxieties. Its treatment procedure is individualistic, which means, it has a separate recovery therapy for separate anxiety disorders. In addition, treatment is purely natural with no side effects. Following are some homeopathic remedies of various kinds of anxiety disorders:
- Aconite: This is the best homeopathic remedy for anxiety symptoms such as agitation, restlessness, dry mouth, fear of mixing with people, panic attack, fear of death, fear of future or even certain agonized feeling related to some past traumatic incident. In such cases, the patient may sometimes become very violent also.
- Argentum nitricum: This medicine comes into play in cases of extreme nervousness or apprehension of a person which turns him or her to be very much impulsive. The patient also becomes forgetful and dull always wearing a melancholy and grim face.
- Arsenic Album: There are certain anxieties, which include fear of security and safety leading to anxiety about robbers, health or money. Consequently, they tend to feel insecure and always try to be neat and perfectionist to avoid such problems. Arsenic Album is very helpful in such cases.
- Calcarea carbonica: People who suffer from a fear of change or losing hold of situation and are very stubborn and obstinate may take help of this medicine.
- Gelsemium sempervirens: This is useful when the patient is suffering from muscle tensions, shaking of legs or knocking of knees due to performance anxiety.
In addition, Lycopodium clavatum, Kali arsenicosum, Kali Phosporicum, Phosporus are also very useful for anxieties. However, people should always consult a doctor before taking the medicines. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!