Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas KumarYour feedback matters!
I have profound hearing loss and wear hearing aid in both ears. With Hearing aid I lead a normal live, work in mnc in sales engineer and also drive car. Is there any medicine or surgery or exercise to improve hearing?
I am 19 year old I am suffering from hearing loss problem I need home based solution of it what should I do.
My 9 year old son having mild hard of hearing, after audiogram, ent advise for hearing aids in both ears, after using of digital aids, 5 months now son is not ready to use, he may feel shy or due to unwanted noise. Kindly advise: the child can be live without aids? regards.
I have hearing problem for sometime. On diagnosis it was found im suffering from otosclerosis. Is surgery the only solution for this?
My left year is blocked with dirt and I can hear lesser than what I can hear from my right year because of that blockage. If I try to clean it with ear bud then the pain is excruciating.
I have blurring sight low sight in dark and hearing problem sir please suggest me suitable cure so I can live normal life.
I have 50-60 percent hearing loss in one ear due to a slap. Dr. has prescribed me hearing aid of Rs-17000 which is not affordable for me. I searched online and found it and price start around 500+ so pls tell whether it's functioning /working will be different or it is just the quality of the aids. Pls tells me that should I buy and use it or not.
I have hearing problems if any my mind catch on seconds time only this from my age at 21 from but now only recognize my prb pls help to solve my problem I have 2 kid both r normal both, age diff around 7.
Hi. I have tinnitus problem in both ears recently. It increased in the right ear. Audiogram suggests mild conductive hearing loss n I was told that tinnitus is not due to hearing issues. Then wht else causes these sounds and sometimes it gets very annoying. Thanks.
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
I am 22 years, male: 3 month ago I got sudden hearing loss in my left ear with ring- ring sound continuously audible, PAT was 75% loss in left, normal in right, doctor's confirmed it as senseronural hearing loss and I had given steroid injections and also tablets only about 10% improvement, Now they asked to stop using medicines. Any treatment is available for regain if hearing and any treatment for ring-song sound in ear.
My father 67 years old. He is having hearing problem. Very near only can hear sound. What is the treatment. If go for hearing aid howmuch cost comes. Or operation can do?
I am 20 years old and have hear problem. We face a problem to less hear in my head. Although its not a hair fall but less hair is my problem.
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.