Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
I had total hyperthyroidism 8 months back since july i'm suffering with chronic severe urticaria. So kindly let me know the reason what is the cause of CSU and did it correlate with thyroidectomy? Now i'm using thyronorm 150 mg and Root canal 4000 mg/ day along with Psoriasis 50 mg, Teczine 10 mg. Long term use of Psoriasis did may effect my health condition?
I am losing my hair a lot. I have tried many shampoos but of no use. I do my hair wash twice a week. What is the solution for this problem.
Hi. I used to wear shoes regularly, present my foots are having some black spots and swelling (like pimples). And these are very painful. At present I am using HHSALIC 6 ointment but no use. Could you please gave me a advance or any medicine.
How to quickly lighten the darkness of ankles formed due to shoe bites? Tried home remedies like lemon, coconut oil etc. But no improvement seen.
I have fungal infection in my buttock region for many years. I treat with antifungal cream but after sometime it appears again and again and I badly suffered from it. I consult with ayurveda Dr. he gave me medi for 3 months but after that it again reappear. Please tell me the right cure.
Please give me reasons, why my hairs is falling too much and how I can stop it. Please can you tell me which type of food I can eat at that time and which type of food I can avoid. Can you tell me a name of oil, shampoo which is easily available in market for my week hairs.
There are many organisms that live in our bodies and on the surface of the skin. These are usually harmless and do not cause any damage. But there are many organisms like viruses, fungi and bacteria that can cause infectious disorders known as infections. There are many kinds of infections that can affect the various parts of the body. These are generally caused by various things starting from contaminated food, to transmission from an infected person and more. Read on to know more about the kind of infections and their causes.
Common Symptoms: The various kinds of infections usually have common symptoms including fever due the start of the immune system's fight against the infecting organism, as well as cough, cold, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, loose motions and pain. All these symptoms point at the presence of an infection.
Types: As mentioned earlier, infections can be of various types. Starting from viral infections that come with the change of seasons with allergy like symptoms, to STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) that are contagious and can spread with sexual contact, or even throat, stomach and other kinds of infections that can occur due to ingestion of contaminated food, insect bites and much more; there are several types of infections that can afflict the various parts of the body.
- Indirect Contact: There are many surfaces like sinks, faucets, keyboards, tables, door knobs and more, which can carry and pass on infections through contact. This is especially true for public places including public toilets which are the number one cause of UTI or urinary tract infection.
- Insect Bites: Fleas, tick, lice and even mosquitoes are all carriers of germs because they fly from one contaminated place to another, feasting on dirty and contaminated elements. A bite from one such insect can cause infections. Also, if we ingest food on which house flies and mosquitoes have been sitting, then we are risk of contracting infections.
- Food Contamination: Continuing from the point above, food and water contamination can lead to the travel of disease causing germs into your system which can spread infection. This can also happen when you eat old food that has not been stored under proper conditions, as there may be fungi or mould growing on it.
- Direct Contact: One of the causes of infection includes direct causes like contact with an infected person or animal. Coughing or sneezing on someone, getting bitten by an animal, or even mother to unborn child - there are many infections that can be spread in this manner.
Getting vaccinated on time can help in preventing many infections. This is especially important if you are travelling to various countries. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am facing hairfall problems, since 2008 when i moved to Ahmedabad this started. Its not even with my parents or my ancestors. kindly advise
I am 23 year old girl living in chennai. I am in a great dilemma to choose best product for my hair care. I have dry scalp nd dry coarse hair. Suggest me a good shampoo and oil to use. Also guide me is it advisable to use conditioner. If so. please suggest a product ?
I have acne over my forehead, right n left cheek n itching all over my face .help me to find the solution.
I have many pimple on my face and their black spots and my skin also dark so give advise about pimples, spots, how to fear my face.
Hello I am facing pimple problem for a long time I take healthy diet and my digestive system is fine even I drink 2ltr water daily I don't know how to get rid of it please suggest me something Thank you.
What you need to know about the ring-shaped rash called lupus
Lupus is an inflammatory disease that is chronic in nature. It occurs when your tissues and organs are attacked by your body's own immunity system. The inflammation that this disease causes can affect the other parts of your body as well, like the joints, kidneys, skin, brain etc. It is often difficult to diagnose because it lacks distinct symptoms. However, one of the most identifiable symptoms of lupus is a ring-shaped rash on the face.
Lupus can be caused by a number of factors like:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Susceptibility towards infections
- Certain anti-seizure, blood pressure and antibiotic medicines
The symptoms are neither distinct nor regular. However, some common symptoms could be-
- Fatigue and fever
- Pain in the joints, stiffness and swelling
- Ring-shaped facial rash
- Skin lesions on exposure to the sun
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
What else can lupus lead to?
Several complications may arise if lupus is left untreated. Some of them are-
- Kidney damage and failure
- Hallucination, seizures, strokes and several other problems associated with the brain and the central nervous system
- Anemia, blood clotting, vasculitis etc.
- Increased susceptibility to pneumonia
- Increased risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases
Lupus is a significantly dangerous disease and medical help should be immediately sought if you think that you have symptoms associated with it. Treatment depends on the signs and symptoms of individual patients.
Related Tip: 6 Face Washing Mistakes that are Damaging Your Skin, Every day!