Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya BislaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam My daughter doesn't consume milk from breast Even she doesn't hv any cough and cold. If we put breast milk in a bottle then she can have easily. please suggest me what should I do for her. Or suggest me any substitute instead of breast milk Thank you.
I have irregular periods, sometimes twice a month and sometimes I don't have any periods at all in a month. And also heavy bleeding occurs during my periods. Is it normal. Please suggest me something to make it normal if it isn't.
- Best way to keep yourself hydrated in summer
- Aids in digestion
- Fights acidity
- Helps to manage weight
- High on electrolytes
100 g curd/yogurt
½ tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder or add as required
3/4 cup water
5 to 6 small ice cubes
black salt/kala namak as required
pinch of Hing
a few coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnish
take all the ingredients in a blender jar, except the coriander leaves.
just pulse the blender for some seconds till everything is blended well and the mixture becomes frothy.
pour chaas in glasses.
garnish with coriander leaves and serve chaas immediately.
you can also chill the butter milk in the refrigerator and serve later. but use it in the same day.
Hi sir, I'm 18 years old I'm having a pain under my right breast since 2 days Today the pain is unbearable I wear lingerie whole day and even at night while sleeping due to family customs Plzz suggest me any medicines or cream to recover.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
I am trying to conceive for 5 months but there is no results.. I have already done my all medical test. All report are ok. My husband s semen test is ok. Doctor has advice me to do SSG test in this month.. Is this necessary to do this test or we should waiting for few months. please help me.
Did you know your nails could reveal a lot about your health?
When there’s something wrong with your health, your body reveals it in the form of different signs. Changes in the normal colour, texture and shape of your nails can be counted among these signs. You might not often closely observe your nails, but did you know that the changes in your nails are often caused by different medical conditions? Read on…
1. Discoloured Nails
If you observe that your nails are turning into a different shade than the normal pinkish-red, it might be indicative of these conditions:
Yellow nails: This may happen due to continuous use of nail paints, but in most cases it’s a sign of fungal infection or psoriasis. Also, it may happen due to some other conditions like jaundice, lymphedema, and sinusitis to name a few.
Blue nails:The nails generally turn blue due to lack of oxygen in the fingertips.
Brown nails: This type of colouration in nails generally occurs due to malnutrition or thyroid. Moreover, if your fingernails have a brown tone close to the tips and are whiter at the bottom, you may have increased chances of kidney failure.
2. Pale nails
Pale or whitish nails suggest that there’s lack of oxygen in your blood,which might have happened due to anaemia (lack of iron). Moreover, pale nails may also point towards diabetes or any liver disease in its initial stage.
3. Cracked, Dry, or Brittle nails
Cracking and splitting of nails are the result of exposure to chemicals like detergents, and nail polish removers among others or fungal infection or thyroid. Also, if your body is not getting adequate amount of vitamins A, B and C, your nails might become brittle.
4. Nails with Dark Patches or Lines
If you notice black streaks, lines or painful growths on your nails - this could be the sign of melanoma (a type of skin cancer).
Got 5 hpt negative with regular periods and 2 hcg negative. Last intercourse on 30th oct. But my belly is coming out. Had an ultrasound on 28th march and no mass seen in uterus. Endometrial thickness 4.7 mm ovaries normal in size. Any chance of pregnancy.
Hi I had unprotected sex and I gave ipill to my girl within 30 hrs and today her body was paining gave crocin and this was first time for both of them so its normal ?
Is performing cunnilingus (eating vagina) is hygienic and healthy? Is it ok to perform cunnilingus with my partner?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
Meri shaadi 1. 6 months pehle hue hai. Main 6 months tak koi try ni kiya bache ke liye but mujhe abhi bachha chaiye or main 3 baar try kr chuks hun but ni ho rsha hai to iske piche kya reasons hai. Maine apni wife or mera siemen test karwaya sab normal tha but still not getting result
Hi doctor ,Actually my wife is pregnant now. And she want abort it. So it's there is pills to abortion.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.