Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vibha Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha SharmaYour feedback matters!
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
My daughter is 2 years old, she is not doing motion from 4 days. Yesterday she did like small laddu like tight. Not eating well. What to do?
My age is 34. My hair color is became white continuously from the age of 22. Please suggest me what to do.
I have pain in my back I take many pain killers apply many tubes but I don't benefit from them what shall I do.
Hello Doctor. I'm 28 yrs old. I'm in the trouble of obesity. Looking for weight reduction treatment like surgery for permanent weight loss solution. Single not married. Want to know the medical expenses for this treatment. And in eager to get a perfect treatment.
My skin gets dark very frequently like in 2-3 hours it gets dark How to get fair skin for a longer duration.
Depression can be referred to as a psychiatric dysfunction which is generally associated with a recurrent feeling of sadness, loneliness, disinterest in daily affairs and low self-confidence. Due to the stresses of the modern lifestyle and constant anxiety the occurrence of depression is on the rise and it is affecting more people around the world.
Love disappointment, Loss in business, disharmony in the family, performance pressure, death of a loved one, some unfortunate events in life, Domination, Abuse sexual and physical are one of the main reasons of depression. Homeopathy lauds the benefit that it does not induce drug dependency and no side effects.
Depression can spring up because of hereditary factors, excessive substance abuse, hormonal imbalances, sudden shock or trauma and also anxiety. Depression tends to be chronic and can come back in timely intervals to hamper your life.
The symptoms of depression include loss of appetite, a recurrent feeling of exhaustion, tendencies of isolating oneself continuously, significant trouble while sleeping, abrupt mood swings, lack of concentration in daily affairs and recurrent feeling of melancholy.
Homeopathic Treatment for Depression
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat depression but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for depression treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for depression treatment:
- Sepia – This medication is useful for people who face recurrent episodes of sudden mood swings and feelings of isolation. If someone gets depressed with the slightest of the matters, Sepia can also be helpful.
- Aurum Metallicum – If someone undergoes the symptoms of recurrent suicidal tendencies, hopelessness and a lowered self-confidence, this preparation can be recommended.
- Cimicifuga – Cimicifuga can be really useful if you undergo the symptoms of severe headache and neck pains during depression along with intense episodes of desolation.
- Causticum – If someone suffers from the symptoms of memory loss, frequent weeping and the depression had occurred due to the loss of someone close, Causticum can be recommended.
- Phosphoric acid – If you suffer from the symptoms of appetite loss and social awkwardness, a prescribed dosage of phosphoric acid might help in the elimination of the symptoms.
- Kalium Phosphoricum – This is a very important medication as it is very effective at treating depression that occurs due to stress. People who are overworked or students who have over-studied and may have developed depression from of stress are greatly benefitted by this medication.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Depression. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.