Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ved Prakash Yadav
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ved Prakash YadavYour feedback matters!
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
Junk food is nothing but junk with no nutritional value. While it undoubtedly is lip smacking, but costs us our health without we knowing we are falling into an unhealthy trap.
It is somehow wrong to say we don't know what it does to our health, but we just tend to ignore. The junk food that we prefer to eat contains lots of salt, fat and artificial chemicals and now a days, more and more processed foods are finding their way into our refrigerators as they can just be picked up and eaten anytime hunger pangs are felt.
Refined flour, white sugar, cheese, canned juices, frozen foods, cheese laden pizzas and breads are all yummy, but not something that is readily accepted and digested by your stomach. The most common problem they lead to is constipation as digestive organs find it increasingly difficult to digest them.
While it is advisable to stay away from junk foods or at least not have them very frequently, if its consumption has caused you constipation and you'are looking for ways to find relief, here are some quick ayurvedic remedies for you:
- Aloe vera: Besides acting as a remedy for minor burns and cuts, aloe vera gel also helps soothe your stomach. It functions as a natural laxative by making your stool softer. Moreover, it aids in protein digestion and makes the muscular structure of your intestines stronger, consequently providing relief from constipation. Have 2 tablespoons of aloe gel in morning by mixing it with your glass of fruit juice, or consume 1 cup of aloe vera juice.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is often referred to as a stimulant laxative and is a very useful remedy for constipation. Castor oil enables smooth movement and functioning of the intestines, making it easier for stool to pass. Drink 1 to 2 teaspoons of castor oil on an empty stomach. It takes about 8 hours to show its effect, so decide which time of the day will be suitable for you to consume it.
- Coconut Oil and Flaxseed: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this in morning.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to 1/4 cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.