Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Varun SharmaYour feedback matters!
Theeth problem hi bahut taklif hii kuch bhi khana nahi kha pata or muh me chhala bhi aa gaya hai or bahut jayada dant me dard hii or bahut sare ilaaj kiya par koi fayda nahi please koi upay bataiye.
Hi I have ulcer, I want know which food will eat daily & how many times to eat daily? How to control ulcer? Doctor suggested 1 month for pantocid Hp, after 1 month he suggested pantocid 40 mg. One thing I am going gym. Any effected for me. Please give me suggestions.
I am 25 year old male. My question is my teeth in pain too much, expline it why I can handle this situation and this problem effective on my mind.
My right side of jaws and head is paining. And also got a serious headache. I don't know the reason why. So, pls suggest me a solution.
Sir. Jab meri mother jor se spit karte hai toh unke larva mai blood niklta hai aur nose se bhi aur unke mouth se bad smell aati ye sirf 1 week mai 1-2 times hota. Please suggest me about this problem.
I just did a root canal treatment for my front tooth couple days ago, and now having a bump on the gum. Not really painful but a bit swelling. What is it? Is that normal? Will that disappear within a couple of days?
I have gap of near about 0.4 mm between my two upper front teeth, can it be treated? If yes, then how much it will cost?
Sir, I am 22 year old man and one of my canon tooth is damaged (think coz of germs) from past many years and I am feeling tooth pain very munch with the result I want your suggestion that should I go through root-canal, replacement or something else sir, please need quick answer ASAP bcoz passing through severe pain as thanking you.
I have tooth ache problem recently started, what would be the reason behind this? Can any one of doctor (s, suggest a remedy to overcome this problem?
I have some gum problem after bathing or after brush and I feel gum in my throat but not much what should I do to get rid of it.
How does take care of my teeth by the black dot on tooth and which food to requires to take in food.
Blood comes out from teeth and from some days I feels that my teeth is not strongly jointed with muscles.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.