Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana ThakurYour feedback matters!
I have hereditary dark circles. Is it possible to remove them naturally? please tell how can I get rid of them. They make me look so tired.
How to decrease dht level from the root. What are the medicines for this. I can say that I tried all the things but it doesn't work my hair is still falling from the root and my remaining hair also became thin. I am worrying about Is it possible to regrow that hair which I have lost.
Monsoon is no doubt a magical season, but with all the fun come several skin problems. The humid and sticky weather snatches the radiance of your otherwise flawless skin. The monsoon downpour act as a curse in your life. You lose the sheen of confidence and are left with ugly marks. Your skin develops a natural tendency of developing clogged pores during monsoons, which leads to pimples or acne later. On top of that, things may take the worst shape with the application of oily make-up products and stress. Your bad habit of picking the breakouts may also aggravate the situation.
But don't lose hope. There's nothing to get disheartened. Every problem has a solution to it. You may get back your flawless and healthy skin, if you follow certain simple tips. A little care and attention at home can bring back the lost beauty. Here are certain home-based remedies to get rid of the breakouts:
- Neem relief: Acne vanishes with the application of neem paste on the affected areas. Take few neem leaves and grind them to make a smooth paste. Mix multani mitti or fuller's earth, turmeric powder and milk with the paste. Apply this face pack for over 10 minutes on your face and later rinse it off with water. After the pack is washed away, you are left with a soft and clean skin.
- Steam therapy: Our skin has multiple pores. These pores get clogged due to excess oil secretion during the monsoons. Dust particles and oily secretions leads to the clogging of these pores. This in turn leads to skin breakouts. If you steam your face religiously, these pores open and help you to get rid of the pimples.
- Sugar-honey pack: Take three teaspoons of brown sugar with one spoon of honey. Make a gentle face pack with this mixture. Put the face pack on your face for over 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Potato help: Not known to many, potatoes can be of great help for the acne victims. Cut thin slices of potatoes. Rub these potato slices over your face.
- Check your diet: Too much consumption of foods rich in fat can act as triggers for acne. Include green and leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet for sufficient intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Wash your face and areas affected with acne: Exposure to dust and dirt leads to several skin diseases and acne is no exception. Thus it is important to wash you face and affected areas with water frequently. The moment you return home after staying long hours outdoors, don't hesitate to wash your face immediately. Washing of face is highly recommended even before going off to bed at night.
- Drink water: It is always advisable to drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy.
Following the above mentioned steps to get a flawless and radiant looking skin.
Good Evening Doctor, I'm working as a software engineer in Iconma pvt ltd Hyderabad. Doctor even though i'm 25 years old I look so young like a teenage, it makes me not comfort because all my age group guys are look very elder with beard and mustache but i'm not getting beard like all, I read so many article to know the reason behind this issue, what I mentioned similar in many articles is because of testosterone problem or it might be genetic problem, I'm the last boy in my family, I have elders one brother and sister, i'm the last one. My brother also have good beard then why should i'm not getting.Please suggest some solution for my problem, is there any medicine or some process of treatment to get the beard.
I'm suffering from teach black spot. I'm a regular smoker. Can't stop it. please sir give me some advice to avoiding the smoke.
After my sleep my eyes are becoming very red in colour and I had a peculiar skin writing problem i. E when I am scratching the skin becomes very red and swollen. Please give me immediate remedy.
Hi I am 27 years old. My beard and moustaches growth is very less. Any suggestions about facial hair.
Hello doctor. I am 23 years old. Previously my skin was too good. There was natural shine, glow, fair, no pimple @ all. Bt scence last 2 months I have lost my glow & natural shine from my face. & there are so much tiny pimples r there on my face. On 6th of may I m getting married. Suggest me what to do? my height is also 5. 5 & my wt is 45 only so give me proper diet to gain wt & releif from skin problem.
I am 28 old male I have pimples and blackheads and my skin is oily skin this problem is having from last 5 years what should I do? Please advice.
Sir, my hair was falling regularly. Could please give your valuable tips for redusing the hair fall.
M having lots of stretch marks of pregnancy what to apply to get rid off. Does bio oil work after pregnancy or not suggest me please what to do.
My wife, suffers instantly from skin allergies as soon as she puts on woolen garment during cold season, any suggestions please.
Foot n hand palm are so itchy, try lotion n warm water with salts, no solution. I can not sleep at night with this itching.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 22 years old. I have a pimples and scars in my face .i need a solution for that .tell some medicines.
Pityriasis Rosea is a common skin problem which causes a rash. Although, it can occur at any age, it is most often seen in those between the age of 10 to 35. It is usually harmless and a pretty common condition. It is also worth noting that Pityriasis Rosea does not spread from person to person.
Causes: The exact cause of Pityriasis Rosea has not been identified yet. Some doctors claim that it is caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus while others claim that it is caused by an allergic reaction.
Symptoms: There are a fair number of warning signs of the Pityriasis Rosea rash. The symptoms may differ depending on the patient's general health condition, the climate condition, and the season.
- Size and appearance at first: When the rash first appears, it has a raised border. Basically, it is a pink patch which can be single, round, or oval in shape. 2 cm to 10 cm is the usual range when it comes to the size of the patch.
- Few days or weeks later: After a few days, 1cm to 2cm patches appear on the abdomen, back, chest, legs and arms area. They sometimes spread to the neck, but rarely to the face.
- Back patches: The patches on the back are slightly different from the rest. They tend to be angled and look somewhat like a Christmas tree. Sometimes it is itchy, but it goes away within 6 to 8 weeks.
Treatment: Pityriasis Rosea goes away without treatment. It usually lasts about 6 to 8 weeks. However, in order to relieve itching at home:
- Apply anti-allergic powder.
- Avoid taking hot showers. Keep the water as cool as possible while taking the bath.
- Eat a lot of oatmeal and try bath products which have oatmeal in them.
- Hydrocortisone cream is very good for the itchy areas on your body. However, do not use these on the face or pubic areas.
- Use antihistamines, but, for children, you must check with the doctor first.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
- Use gentle soaps and avoid deodorant soaps as these worsen the rash and the itching.