Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana SeghalYour feedback matters!
I want to know if there is any permanent solution for filling. As per my experience filling and crown is temporary as it does not last long. So kindly get back to me with the proper solution as I have filling to be done in my teeth. So looking for your concern.
Malocclusion of the teeth is a misalignment problem that can lead to serious oral health complications. It’s also known as:
- crowded teeth
- open bite
The teeth won’t be able to perform vital functions if they’re misaligned. Learn more about this issue and how it may be treated, to protect your overall oral and digestive health.
What Causes Malocclusion?
Malocclusion is usually an inherited condition. This means it can be passed down from one generation to the next.
There are some conditions or habits that may change the shape and structure of the jaw. These include:
- cleft lip and palate
- frequent use of a pacifier after the age of 3
- prolonged use of bottle feeding in early childhood
- thumb sucking in early childhood
- injuries that result in the misalignment of the jaw
- tumors in the mouth or jaw
- abnormally shaped or impacted teeth
- poor dental care that results in improperly fitting dental fillings, crowns, or braces
- airway obstruction (mouth breathing), potentially caused by allergies or by enlarged adenoids or tonsils
What Are the Symptoms of a Malocclusion?
Depending on the classification of malocclusion, the symptoms of the disorder may be subtle or severe. Typical symptoms of malocclusion include:
- improper alignment of the teeth
- alteration in the appearance of the face
- frequent biting of the inner cheeks or tongue
- discomfort when chewing or biting
- speech problems, including the development of a lisp
- breathing through the mouth rather than the nose
How Is a Malocclusion of the Teeth Treated?
Most people with mild malocclusion will not require any treatment. However, your dentist may refer you to an orthodontist if your malocclusion is severe. Depending on your type of malocclusion, your orthodontist may recommend various treatments. These can include:
- braces to correct the position of the teeth
- removal of teeth to correct overcrowding
- reshaping, bonding, or capping of teeth
- surgery to reshape or shorten the jaw
- wires or plates to stabilize the jaw bone
Treatment for the disorder may also result in some complications. These include:
- tooth decay
- pain or discomfort
- irritation of the mouth from the use of appliances, such as braces
- difficulty chewing or speaking during treatment
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
There is a problem on teeth! I removed my one teeth and after all there is always pain in my next teeth! Why?
Hello I am 29 years old. I have problem of pain in my teeth so I am unable to eat normally from my lower right side of teeth what shall I do?
Which tooth paste is good to brush, should we brush twice daily, if yes second time also should we use toothpaste.
Teeth stains are a major inconvenience as a well as harmful for your teeth. Teeth stains can occur due to consuming certain foods and drinks. It can also be caused due to unhealthy lifestyle choices, such as not brushing teeth or flossing.
Here a few tips to how to prevent teeth stains. Read on more to find out all about them:
- Practicing healthy habits: It is a good idea to brush, or use a mouthwash after a having a meal. Keep in mind that the foods and drinks mentioned below can stain your teeth more than others. Coffee or tea, soda, red and white wine, grape or cranberry juice, blueberries, beets, soya sauce and tomato sauce cause teeth stains so while consuming them keep in mind to always brush floss or wash your mouth after consuming these.
- Drinking with a straw: Drinking with a straw keeps away the stains from your mouth as the liquid doesn't go near the visible front surfaces of the teeth.
- Brush, floss and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash: By brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash on a regular basis you reduce the growth of the bacteria called plaque. Plaque is sticky in nature and promotes the formation of teeth stains. By eradicating plaque you also prevent teeth stains.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned: Make sure to visit a dentist at least twice a year. Even while maintaining your teeth by regular brushing, flossing and mouthwash, getting your teeth professionally cleaned is beneficial and can help you guard against teeth stains.
- Using teeth whitening kits: At-home teeth whitening kits are available in local drugstores, which help in preventing teeth stains. They usually cause slight discomfort, which goes away in a few days' time.
- Professional tooth whitening: You can also get your teeth whitened by your dentist. In this procedure, the dentist applies a bleaching agent to your teeth after applying a rubber shield on your gums. This procedure usually takes a single or in some instances multiple visits to perform.