Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Umais ParrayYour feedback matters!
The quote 'Good day starts with coffee' suits a lot of people who love nothing more than a cup of coffee every morning. However, your morning tryst with a cup of coffee might not be a very healthy habit. Believe it or not, addiction to caffeine (in the form of coffee) is as harmful as addiction to any other drug. In fact, caffeine is a legal drug that slowly and gradually damages your gastrointestinal tract. Here are the negative effects of coffee on your digestive system:
- Increases Acidity: Coffee is known to contain different kinds of oils, acids and caffeine. These compounds have an adverse impact on the digestive system. The stomach and intestinal linings get damaged due to the over-consumption of these compounds in the form of coffee. Moreover, as you take coffee, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid for digestion. This causes acidity and hampers the HCL levels altogether. When we take coffee regularly for years in empty stomach, our body's capacity of producing proper amounts of HCL gets hampered. Often, HCL production gets reduced as well. This leads to indigestion of other food items and effects flatulence and produces unwanted gases due to the improper breaking of proteins and fats by the body.
- Ulcers and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Doctors believe that coffee acts as an irritant for patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastritis, Crohn's disease, colitis and ulcers. Coffee is responsible for the irritation of the lining of stomach and intestine. It is also noticed that certain enzymes present in the coffee beans are also harmful to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Heartburn: Coffee is responsible for relaxing the esophageal sphincter muscle. The relaxation of this muscle hinders the process of digestion and causes acid-reflux, resulting in heartburn. It is known to have compounds that have diuretic, laxative and mineral blocking effects on the body.
- Laxative Effects: Coffee stimulates the process of peristalsis or movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. The peristalsis starts immediately after food is swallowed by the individual. The intake of coffee catalyzes peristalsis and consequently leads to emptying of the stomach even before the food is digested properly. The semi-digested food is sent to the intestine too early, causing injury to the intestine and hampering the absorption of nutrients.
- Affects absorption of minerals: Caffeine reduces the ability of the stomach to absorb iron and also hinders the absorption of minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium by the kidney. All these minerals help in digestion at different points and regulate the bowel movement.
Coffee is known to have benefits like reduction of constipation and sugar absorption. But, it also interferes with the smooth functioning of the digestive system. It has a tendency to increase stomach aches, disturb the fluid balance and the overall process of digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I loss my weight. After age of 21 yr. And I cant eat food properly I feeling like vomiting while dinner or breakfast. I feel like hungry but still I cant eat thus because of I loose my wight and I am feeling weakness specially at morning so what should I do. How to manage daily or routine food and proper health because I confuse what should I prefer for routine food.
I'm a 21 year old male. When I was around 10, my arm got fractured from the joint. So the doctor plastered my arm. But when the plaster removed after 1-months, it was dislocated. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to make it to its normal shape again.
I was suffering from chronic dysentery from last 4 month having 2 to 3 times stool in a day and mucus present also some tym now my symptoms are some time hard stool and some time muddy stool but now mucus is not visible through naked eye and is 1 times a day and sometime 2 times so is this is a tendency of chronic dysentery.
Dear Sir or Madam, I am drinking daily 5 cup of tea I think it is injurious to health instead of tea can I drink coffee or milk but I am (obess person).
Good afternoon, I am 35year old and have a burning sensation in my stomach since 6months. I used various medicines as prescribed by our doctors. But could not help. Finally suggested to go for VGIE Endoscopy. Please suggest is it ok. OR what would be the correct diagnosis process. Thanks. Waiting for your advice.
I am getting burning sensation in the bottom part of my feet. I am taking Glykind M80, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner. What I have to do to eliminate the problem.
Sir, Hello i'm 45 year old man. My problem is I having a hypoproteinemia and irom deficiency anemia. So what should I do. Pls suggest me. Thanks.
I have frequent night fall problem sometimes 5-6 times in a month, I quit masturbation and watching porns but still the problem same. I feel shy to go to a clinic and consult this problem with a doctor, kindly advise me the way to cure it. I am a 26 years old boy.
I want to improve my sexual health. I have weaknesses in sex bcos of some mistakes in past. So what I should do?
I am 21 years old I have many problems. 1. I have damage my sexual power since last 5 years. 2. I have skin disease since last 2 years. 3. I am suffered from acidity permanently. So, What should I do for these problems.
My neck has some problem. When I move my neck it's getting pain. So I request you to please help me regarding this problem. I m very thankful to you for this.
Dear dermatologist my daughter is 12 years old. She's having problem with her ear hole. When ever she wears any earing, her ear get infected .itching starts and little water come out from the early hole. Could you please tell me which metal she should wear like gold, silver?copper, or white gold.
There are certain foods that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These foods contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 foods that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice: Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contains complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs: A boiled egg is, without a shade of doubt, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg packs a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples: You must have heard the age old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressures problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may use as a part of fat loss diet. Yogurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish: Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic: Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.